Endearing Company

Dealing With The Clouds

Sorry for the slow update. My college life is starting and I even have 5 laboratory classes. Hope I can write the next chapter well. Thank you for staying with me and the New Age Airlines family ^^
Enjoy the chapter ^^


Baekhyun didn't believe in himself. He stopped flying since his parents passed away. Even he avoided the cockpit all the time. But this time, he wouldn't let Chanyeol go alone. He was afraid if Chanyeol could freak out because of his trauma.

"I'll go," Baekhyun repeated and everyone gasped because yeah, he was serious.

"But you can't fly a plane," Sehun innocently replied.

"I-I can. I brought my license," Baekhyun admitted.

"But how?" Chanyeol didn't get it.

"I can't tell you why," Baekhyun went away, leaving all the curious man behind.

"Fine if you can do it. Do it now," Suho challenged as everyone was now gasped at him.

Baekhyun clenched his teeth and balled his fingers. He went to the nearest plane. After trying to gain his braveness, he took a step up and entered the cockpit. It such a long time ago since he touched this buttons. Everyone shocked to hear the started engine.

"Open the gate," Xiumin said and Sehun opened the hangar door.

They were greeted by the coldness of the night. Suddenly the plane moved. Baekhyun drove the plane outside.

"Who is driving that plane?" Kris came after he carried Kyung Soo.

"Baekhyun," Tao replied and Kris gasped.

"But he is an engineer," Kris didn't believe.

Baekhyun ended his demonstration and entered the plane again. Everyone stunned on their place as Baekhyun approached them.

"How?" Kris asked.

"My parents, they were pilots," with that, Baekhyun went away from them again.

Chanyeol stunned on the fact. How could a pilot be an engineer instead? They decided to go back to the dorm. Along the way, the pilot thought on how to ask Baekhyun more. He walked faster. His curiosity made him suffer a bit.

Baekhyun slumped himself on the bed while trying to control his feelings. The anxiety almost made him throw up in the cockpit. He was exhausted to fight his own trauma. A distraction would use a bit, Baekhyun thought as he got up and walked to Kyung Soo's room.

He saw Jongin sat beside the sleeping Kyung Soo. Jongin looked so concern about his hyung. Baekhyun knew that they must be in a relationship because of the attention to each other.

"How is he?" Baekhyun walked towards them.

"His fever is still high but he is better," Jongin Kyung Soo's hair.

"Hope he'll be fine soon," Baekhyun replied.

"Who will accompany Chanyeol hyung tomorrow?" Jongin asked but Baekhyun's tongue locked right away.

"Baekhyun will," Luhan showed up behind Baekhyun as Jongin's eyes widened.

"I don't know that you can drive a plane," Jongin eyed Baekhyun.

"We don't know too," Luhan walked passed Baekhyun and checked on Kyung Soo too.

"Then you owe us explanation," Jongin winked as Baekhyun gulped to discover someone's curiosity like that.

Chanyeol went on to check on Kyung Soo too. He showed up and passed Baekhyun. Kyung Soo stirred a bit in his sleep. Jongin decided to let him rest more and they went out from the bedroom. Baekhyun wanted to go back to his room but someone grabbed his wrist. He looked up and saw Chanyeol stared at him eyes to eyes.

"Is-Is there anything wrong?" Baekhyun braved himself as everyone eyed them both.

"Have a dinner with me," Chanyeol said as Sehun who came along almost slipped on the floor.

"Wow Yeol! That's a direct way to ask someone on a date!" Jongdae commented as they both blushed, earning some chuckles from the others.

"It's not!" Chanyeol let go of Baekhyun's hand.

"So what's your answer?" Tao asked to his department friend.

Baekhyun caught another intention behind Chanyeol's offer. He knew that they should settle this soon. Chanyeol knew about Baekhyun's concern and he wanted to reveal the reason behind it clearly.

For now, it wasn't a date for both of them.

"I'll go," Baekhyun agreed as everyone grinned.

"Then let me help you up!" Luhan dragged Baekhyun back to his room.

"Then I'll go with you, tower man," Kris strangled Chanyeol playfully as he dragged him with Tao.

"Yaah hyung! It's not a date! NO!" Chanyeol struggled to let go.

"What just happened?" Suho asked because he was kinda clueless.

"New couple," Yixing concluded.

"Should I play as a spy?" Jongdae asked.

"I want to help!" Sehun beamed as Jongdae offered his hand for a high-five.

"Guys, leave them alone," Jongin suggested.

"Besides, they need to be comfortable along because they'll work together until Kyung Soo recover," Suho agreed.

***

"It's not a date!" Chanyeol defended himself as Tao and Kris choose the clothes for him.

"At least you must look good!" Tao said and Chanyeol frowned when Kris pulled him up to change.

"Okay," Chanyeol gave up.

Baekhyun shocked when Luhan and Sehun also Jongdae (who just came inside) opened his wardrobe and spread the clothes on his bed.

"It's not a date by the way," Baekhyun reminded.

"No no no! You must look your best," Jongdae chirped.

"Chanyeol is a good man," Luhan emphasized.

"He was the one who greet me friendly at the first time," Sehun smiled because Chanyeol warmed his heart.

"As you say," Baekhyun surrender and let them dressed him up.

Few hours later, Kyung Soo woke up and greeted by Jongin who was there to stay.

"Why am I here?" Kyung Soo asked.

"You got fever hyung and fainted in the plane," Jongin explained.

He touched his head and frowned at the headache. Suddenly he sat up because he remembered on how Chanyeol would fly tomorrow if he couldn't go. He knew about Chanyeol's trauma and it could come every time without any symptoms.

"Who will?" Kyung Soo asked to Jongin.

"Baekhyun hyung will," Jongin replied.

"I know that he is strange. He is an engineer but can drive a plane."

"What do you mean by that?" Jongin crooked his eyebrows in confusion.

"Something happened between them. You know that Chanyeol is the miracle boy, right? Would you please take my laptop?"

"But hyung you are still sick."

"I need to know. It's for their best."

"Okay," Jongin took Kyung Soo's laptop and the latter place it on his lap.

Jongin sat beside Kyung Soo who browsed the internet right away. He searched for the name of crew list of the plane where Chanyeol and his parents flew with. Jongin's eyes widened to see the surname of the pilots.

"Byun? It's the same as Baekhyun's hyung."

"I knew it. They are Baekhyun's parents," Kyung Soo stated as Jongin gasped.

"For real?! Can you prove it?" Jongin still didn't believe.

"Let us search for the pilots' data," Kyung Soo typed both of Baekhyun's parents' names.

They saw the news. They left one child behind. The child was good in flying too since he could speak. Some articles from years ago talked about Mr. Byun's son were talented in being a pilot too. But he was missing and rumored to move to United States.

Jongin awed the fact and shocked because of the connection. They just knew Baekhyun for days but the coincidence was just amazing.

"What I'm worrying is, if Chanyeol hyung know the fact. He can say that Baekhyun's parents killed his parents," Kyung Soo analyzed.

"You are right," Jongin realized and started to worry too.

"Hope what we predicted isn't happen," Kyung Soo ended the discussion.

***

"Is he ready?" Luhan knocked on Chanyeol's room as Jongdae glued Baekhyun to his side in case he ran away.

"Ready!" Tao opened the door and pushed Chanyeol outside.

Baekhyun's eyes widened. The pilot looked different with blazer and formal suit. Chanyeol's eyes widened to see Baekhyun with the similar suit.

"So formal!" Chanyeol whined as Kris handed him a car key and Chanyeol shocked to see it.

"Use my car and be happy tonight. That fancy restaurant, okay?" Kris winked.

"Woah I will drive the Lamborghini!!" Chanyeol beamed happily and dragged Baekhyun right away.

"Lamborghini?" Baekhyun shocked because he had eyes on that car too.

"Well Kris is rich," Chanyeol replied as they entered the parking lot in front of the dorm.

"Hey! That is nice!" Baekhyun lighten up as Chanyeol opened the car door for him.

"Let's go then," Chanyeol the engine and drove it to the town that night.

Baekhyun smiled and realized that maybe, he could enjoy the night with Chanyeol once in happiness.