A Drama?

High School Life... ?

A Drama?

 

[Minny's POV]

After the incident between Taemin and I, we haven't really talked, but he keeps eyeing me as if he's expecting me to do something. The worse part is, I'm actually planning on following through our deal of "dancing the night away."

I hate it just thinking about it, ugh. Just think about all the times I'm going to be meeting with my old friend, The Floor, for the next couple months. That boy better appreciate how much I like him, cause this is going to be a hell of a training time for my body. 

I mean, I'm not fat or anything, my body is pretty average, but still. Like I said before, I'd rather do anything than dance. By that, I really mean eating chips, laying in bed, watching T.V. and movies on my laptop, maybe even listen to music. 

Why did he have to be such a choreo/dance freak? But then again, if he wasn't, then I'd probably never had been able to get to know him better or even get him to like me... as far as I knew.

Just thinking about the possibility of him feeling the same way made my heart flutter like the girl I knew I was. I swallowed down my heartbeat as it increased, putting on a loose t-shirt and sweats, pulling my hair back and putting a headband in my hair to keep my bangs out of my face. As I looked at myself in the mirror, I couldn't help but feel like I was ready to take on the challenge of dancing.  

For Taemin, I was ready for anything.

[Taemin's POV]

I waited in the dance studio, feeling jittery inside from the thought that we'd actually be participating in a contest. Okay, let me explain myself. I do like Minny, trust me, I do.

But.

I don't think I like her that way. She's fun and pretty and everything, but... there IS something there that I feel in my gut. It's hard to explain in words what I feel about her, it confuses me just as much as it's probably confusing you as I'm trying to explain it.

I shook my head from the thoughts that over-flowed my mind, looking up in time to see Minny walking into the studio, and wow, I didn't think anyone could look that cute in a gym outfit! But she looked ready and determined for whatever choreography I was going to be throwing at her.

I smiled to myself, "She must really like me considering she despises dancing."

She made her way into the studio, guys looking through the door before I slammed the door in their face.

"Oh, sorry, did I do that?"

I chuckled as I heard the murmurs from behind the door, then striding to where Minny was beginning to stretch, eyeing me through the mirror. I could feel the awkward ooze from her gaze as her eyes darted nervously around the room.

I admit, it's somewhat my fault of creating such an awkward situation- you know, leaning her over a sink and kissing her, yeah, that'll make things just a whee bit awkward between two people who are anticipating to dance in a couple's competition.

"So..." I attempted to break the awkward, "Let's warm up...?" I said, making the usually strong statement into a question. She turned to me with her usual analytical look before walking to the iPod that was connected to the stereo already, scrolling through the list of music that occupied the playlist.

I looked at her weirdly as she answered, "No, I'd like it if we were to just get started on the routine." But nodded at the response and walked towards the stereo system, blasting the song that I had picked the night before for us to dance to: Tell Me When to Go with a self made mix of Can't Believe It. 

She watched me with those same analytical eyes of hers as I began the opening of the song that started out slowly with popping movement, then flowed into our starting positions as choreography came into the works as Tell Me When to Go started blasting, her eyes not pulling away from my dancing figure for a moment as I pulled through the routine to show what was expected, not widening in awe as they usually did when she saw me dance like this. 

The mix of Can't Believe It came in and I pretended she was doing the routine with me, doing tutting movements as if it was outlining her upper body, popping it upwards as the pop came out of the speakers like a heartbeat and turning her out by grabbing her hand that wasn't there, acting as if she was controlling me like a puppet, then falling to the floor as if she had thrown me out with no use for me anymore, kicking at me in a popping motion, making my chest pop up as I got up, using my calves muscle's to pull up and come back to her as my thumb outlined her pretend jaw, marking the end of the routine. 

Minny stood there, arms crossed, a sigh leaving her lips as she nodded, "That's good, let's start from the beginning then." 

She then silently made her way beside me, looking at me expectingly, making me raise an eyebrow. "What?" 

She sighed, grasping my hand and placing it at her waist, the way I had outlined the beginning of Can't Believe It, my chest pressed at her back, one of her hands pressing at my cheek, our lips millimeters away, a kiss that was waiting to happen. I could feel a blush fighting it's way on my cheeks, but I kept telling myself to be professional and grabbed her hand, making the tutting movement I had demonstrated, having it flow above her body, her body surprisingly following the pattern, her hand above her head as I grasped it then turned her so she was standing straight up and behind me this time. 

It was surprising how she caught on so fast, usually she'd stumble and pout with every mistake she did that seemed to happen every minute or two, but it seemed that she really knew what she was doing, like she already knew the routine in the first place. 

She stood behind me, her hands tracing up my chest as my hands followed hers as they made their way up my chest, trying to gain control over my heartbeat as I knitted my eyebrows together, not understanding what was wrong with me. 

My heart wouldn't stop beating so fast or hard, and every time my hands or her hands came near the other's body, a blush would want to spread on my cheeks, my breathing becoming almost labored at the thought of us even touching. 

Yah! Taemin! Get ahold of yourself! 

I pulled away from her forcefully, throwing her hands from my chest, a confused look on her face, probably thinking, no, knowing, she didn't do anything wrong since the dance was intimate, the way it was suppose to for the couple's final dance to wrap up the routine. This portion of the dance was suppose to be the strongest in the routine, so I understood why Minny wanted to start this section, but I couldn't handle this much emotional confusion at once.

"What? I was doing fine. I was doing the routine just like you outlined it," She said, confusion evident on her face, her eyes...

Her eyes.

I looked into her eyes, being pulled into dark pools of chocolate, the way the dark color encircled the pupil, a light whirl of black in the mist, making it look like an enchanted mist in a forest, a spring- TAEMIN! 

I mentally slapped myself as I pulled my gaze from her eyes, making her more confused, "Taemin, are you okay?" She placed a hand gently on my shoulder, by instinct, I pulled my shoulder away from her grasp, shrugging it off.

"I'm fine," I looked into the mirror wall in front of me, seeing her eyes fall to the floor as a response to me shrugging off her worry, the look on her face, pitiful and confused, made my heart break, but I couldn't bother with this now. "Let's call it a day."

[Normal POV]

Minny's eyes darted up at Taemin as he said that practice was over, he quickly going for his bag and leaving the room, slamming the door to the studio as he left, not looking back at the girl he left behind. 

The girl blinked in confusion, not sure what had happened to make the other so peeved, "Maybe it's something at home?" She questioned as she looked back up to the door, reliving through what had just happened. She then brought out her right hand that had rested on the other's shoulder, letting her fingers gently brush the palm, and then pulled her touch away from her own hand as if it shocked her, remembering the shrug the other did to get her hand off his shoulder.

She sighed, walking slowly to grab her bag and leaving the gym and slowly walking back to her house, dragging her feet. She was trying to be professional the whole time, even though she was somewhat aware of the impossible feelings he felt for her. 

Even though her heart beat had rapidly increased as she tried to hold back the trembling and nervousness she felt as she became so close to Taemin's body so fast. Of course it was embarrassing and a little awkward for her, but she wanted to keep going with the routine and dance practices as if nothing had happened and to eventually win the competition and for them to be able to prove to each other how much they really did like each other.

Minny's shoulder slumped forward as she sighed and yelled out, "WHAT THE HELL DID I DO THAT WAS SO WRONG?!" 

"I don't know, what did you do?" Minny blinked as she heard someone behind her, turning as she locked eyes with a stranger with distinct masculinity, a smile lightly brushing his lips as he had his hands stuffed in his pockets, "W-Who...?" 

The stranger sighed and continued to walk past her, Minny then noticed the familiar uniform, "Oh! You go to Orchid High, too?" The man didn't respond, but just kept walking, getting the curious Minny to follow him, "Y-Yah, do I know you?" She eyed the man's face as she walked beside him, her chin above his shoulder as she squinted her eyes to study the man.

He just continued to walk into a park, sighing again, "You're annoying..." 

Minny blinked at the rude and sudden response, then becoming angry, "Y-Yah! Who do you-" 

She was cut off as the other smiled again, "... But cute, entertaining and... different." 

Minny blinked at the response, dropping the fist she had formed, wanting to punch the man from his previous statement, but then blushing as she heard the last thing the man said, "What do you mean 'different'?" 

The man sighed again, "You ask too many questions." 

Minny's eyes dropped to the floor as she bit her lip to keep from asking questions and getting the other frustrated the way she had thought she had made Taemin frustrated, "Why are you dancing? You don't seem like the type to do so is why I'm asking." 

Just then, the memory of what had happened back at the studio flashed back to her, making her feel awkward and embarrassed at the same time. "I-I got into a couples dance competition with-"

"Taemin." Her dark eyes went up to look at the back of the man's head, nodding as if the other could see her action. "Why Lee Taemin out of all people?" 

"Cause...Well you see... " To be honest, the girl really didn't know why Taemin was the one to become her dance instructor and choreographer and not one of the teachers, the one to be responsible on if she could graduate high school.... again. "I don't know," She admitted as she looked back down to her feet.

The man turned and the same soft smile tugged at his lips as he placed a hand on Minny's head, ruffling the dark brown hair that had been pulled into a ponytail, "Myungsoo, Senior." 

The girl looked up at the man who was just ruffling her hair to see he was already walking away, his hands stuffed back in his pockets as he proceeded down the pathway, becoming smaller and smaller.

Minny blinked.

"Psh, just like in the dramas, " She snickered to herself as she then blushed, "Well... he was very attractive..." 

She looked around, her eyes scanning the area, "Maybe I am in a drama or something..." She shrugged as she then followed after the man in the direction of her house, sighing, "Secret cameramen, stunt people and good looking actors... Taemin and what's-his-name are attractive. If this was a drama... " She sighed again as she ran a hand through her hair again, "I wouldn't be ideal to be the female lead..." 

Just then her phone went off, a phone call. Minny pulled out her phone from the pits of her sweat pant's pockets, eyeing the contact.

Mireu.

She sighed and plastered a smile on her face as she answered the phone, "What do you want, Mir?" 

"YAH! Is that the way to talk to your adorable friend?" 

She laughed as she heard another voice in the background, "Adorable? HA! Adorable as in plastic vomit on Whoopi cushions!" 

"You're lucky you're my best friend, Mo, or I'd kill you," Mir threateningly lowered his voice dangerously, then Minny could feel the smirk forming on the other's lips as he said, "Don't make me bring Minwoo into this~."

Minny laughed, "Yah! I thought she and Jinyoung were dating!" 

"Psh~ She's so good with the boys, I swear! She can wrap em' around her finger so easily! Minwoo's been after her since grade school, JinYoung is his only roadblock."

Minny laughed as she heard Mo's pouting in the background, "Just because you know I can get some."

"HA! I have Joon, so I can get some any night, all night." 

Minny's face scrunched up before she laughed, feeling better already with the laughing she just received from her dear friends, "Okay, so why'd you call?"

"Oh, yeah!" He paused. "Come over."

Minny blinked. It wasn't even a question, more like a command, "What?"

"Come over~!" Her two friends double teamed as they yelled into the phone.

"YAH! That's my ear!" Minny hissed as she pulled the phone away from her ear.

"We can tell you're not in a good mood, come over~" Mo's voice spoke into the phone, guessing Mir shoved the girl as she heard a 'hmph.' 

"Shut it, you oversized rhino!" Mir said, obviously joking.

"YAH! YOU SHUT IT YOU GAY SKINNY PENCIL!"

Minny laughed and nodded, "Okay, okay, I'll be right over." She couldn't take the random yelling and laughter with all the people surrounding her.

"Definitely a drama," Minny laughed, "The 2 weird best friends, 2 good looking men, and 1 opportunity to show how strong you are, Minny. Hwaiting~!" She spoke to herself before heading the opposite way to her friend's house, unaware of a dark silhouette following her.

 

---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

A/N: 

IT'S MINNY'S BIRTHDAY TODAY~~!!!! 

SO THIS IS A 1/2 OF HER BIRTHDAY PRESENT [since she told me late ;^;]  CAUSE THERE IS ALSO GOING TO BE A SEPARATE ONE SHOT FOR MINNY AND HER BIRTHDAY~~~ <3 

IT'S HER 18TH BIRTHDAY TO HER, AND I KNOW HOW MUCH SHE LOVES TAEMIN, MYUNGSOO [her new bias] AND MANGO CAKE~ 8D 

SO, ENJOY THIS WHILE YOU LOOK FORWARD TO THE NEXT UPDATE AND WAIT TO LOAD YOUR OTHER 1/2, MINNY~!! 8D <3

http://s1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb354/Moyukkie/?action=view¤t=infinitel1.jpg 

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/sabrina_kawaii/mango_mousse_cake.jpg 

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb354/Moyukkie/infinitel1.jpg