Revealing the Deal

High School Life... ?

Revealing the Deal

 

[Normal POV]

Minny breathed in a rigged breath, scared with what Taemin's next action or words were going to be, her eyes wondering around the tiled bathroom, avoiding Taemin's face at all costs.

"Good job, Minny, you really did it now. Why do you have to have such a big mouth? And why does he look so amused at finding out I like him? I mean, look at his face, his personallity, everything- all the girls probably want a piece of a word from him at least muttered their direction, and you just ruined it by speaking so damn loud in the bathroom! Go figure..."   

Minny bit her lip in response to her thoughts, then realizing Taemin's eyes were locked on hers, making her cheeks flush with a light pink, "Y-Yah! What're you looking at?"

Taemin chuckled, raising a thumb and had it trace from her cheek down to her chin, "At a beautiful girl..." Minny's face turned a crimson red at the answer he had given her, making herself pull her thoughts together so she could think straight.

"You just said you only use me as your student, nothing more, so don't try to get all flirty with me. Just cause you're nice, have a good personality and cute doesn't mean you can use me!" Minny said, not feeling ashamed at all with her words since she was speaking her honest opinion, but blushed, knowing it was weird to say it aloud.

Taemin stood still for a moment before smiling softly, brushing his thumb over her burning cheeks, removing his thumb to her chin before leaning in to kiss her softly where his thumb had previously been.

Minny leaned back slightly, leaning her back against the coolness of the counter, Taemin not removing his lips from her cheek for a few short seconds, caressing her other cheek with his hand softly, the tension in the small room disappearing as Minny closed her eyes for the last few moments of the kiss, actuallly enjoying the feeling.

Taemin pulled away, opening his eyes slowly to see Minny blinking furiously, making sure what she had just experienced was not a dream, making a smile spread on the slightly older male's face.

"You think I don't like you? Of course I do, but you must understand... for me, it's hard to understand these sort of feelings. I know I like you, and now I know you like me, but, I want to make sure you stay by my side, no matter how hard things get," Taemin explained, making Minny's mind go in a wirl.

That's what she was planning on doing with Taemin, subtract knowing him liking her. She swallowed, "Well, what happens next?" Minny asked cautiously, not knowing if she'd like the answer or not.

Taemin smiled brightly, "That's easy," He leaned his forhead against Minny's again as she blinked up at him, telling him in silence to go on, "We just have to win that competition."

Minny's mouth almost dropped open, "Yah! You know I hate dancing!"

Taemin chuckled, "I know that, but to be with me, you'll have to work hard and it up- prove to me you really do like me," Taemin finished.

Minny bit her lip, thinking through the deal that Taemin was setting up, "Well, you said you like me, so you'll be waiting too. It's like you're punishing me and yourself with this offer," Minny said, trying to divert Taemin's interest.

Taemin chuckled, "Of course I'll be suffering inside, but I want to see you at your weakest and best points while we're experiencing this, and you'll be seeing me at my good and bad points too. I want to be reassured that you'll be there, even if I'm to be accepted at an industry or not, or if I'll stick with you if you're offered a job as well."

"It's reassurance for the both of us on how stable we are if we're to be in a relationship," Minny said, wrapping up all his thoughts in a small sentence.

Taemin nodded, "Well? What do you say? Are you up for the dance competition or not?"

Minny bit her lip in thought, a habit she had when she was thinking deeply and considdering something serious.

Minny thought through her options. She did find a strong liking to Taemin the moment they met, but Taemin seemed like he was just using her. He was kind and fun around her, but if someone else was there, he'd treat her either coldly or just not talk to her. She didn't like that very thing about him, but that was something she was willing to help with when the time came.

Taemin was the kind of guy that Minny could see herself with, their personalities fiting perfectly and thought processes almost being identical. It was like Taemin was the male version of Minny, but liked dancing and hating bugs. She had been attracted to his hard-to-get attitude, yet laidback and fun personality that told other girls to not be around him, but dropped that shield when it came to her.

Taemin cocked his head to the side, wondering what the answer was, doubting that maybe Minny didn't like him enough to carry on.

Minny looked up into Taemin's deep brown eyes to assure her of her desicion. She saw kindness, warmth, worry, and something she'd never seen in a male's eyes before: sincerity.

He was sincere about every word he had said to her, and she could tell just by looking in his eyes, that he was determined to keep her in his grasp, and that made her feel warm inside. He was determined to keep her, which meant that he wouldn't hurt her purposefully or use her- either that, or he was a good actor.

"Why would he act to be sincere about a dance competition?" Minny thought as she lifted her finger that was placed on her chin, still looking up at the taller male.

"Well?" Asked Taemin in an eager voice.

Minny bit her lip as she answered with a solid, "OK."