Myungsoo

High School Life... ?

Myungsoo

 

The sun shined brightly in the blue, endless sky as a little girl with a pony tail, dressed with a red skirt and a white blouse ran through the playground happily, giggling as her father chased her. She giggled as she climbed the jungle gym, her father far too tall to climb in after her. Her father laughed, out of breath as he rested his hands on his hips, catching his breath from running around.

As the girl climbed up the ladder to the highest part of the jungle gym, a boy sat against the railings that surrounded them, the bright red paint chipped from it's years of play. The girl blinked as she approached the other, tilting her head, poiinting to the cap he had on, "I like your hat." The boy looked up at the girl, not finding interest in her until she picked up one of the two cars he was playing with, making him look at her, "I also like cars." 

With that, she sat beside him, on the highest platform on the jungle gym that most kids were afraid of climbing up to, rolling their cars around and smiling, "I'm Myungsoo." The boy finally spoke up, taking his cap off and placing it on the girl's head, making a bright smile appear on her face. 

"I'm Minny," She responded, making Myungsoo smile back. She fixed the hat and scooched closer to the boy in blue shorts and a black shirt, pointing at the shirt he wore with a tilt of her head, "You like Ninja Turtles too?" 

The boy smiled happilly, revealing a small gap in his smile as he nodded, "I like the blue turtle." Minny nodded in agreement and hummed in thought, 

"I like the purple one." 

The boy scowled playfully and shook his head, "It's because you're a girl you like the purple one!" 

"Nuh uh!"

"Uh huh!" 

Minny got up from her position on the floor, pushing Myungsoo back, "Take that back!" Myungsoo got up from the floor as well and pushed the other, shaking his head, 

"Never!" 

The two continued to push each other until Myungsoo shoved Minny back hard enough to stumble towards the edge of an opening on the platform that had a pole to slide down. Minny cried out as she attempted to grab anything to save her from falling down, only to get ahole of a small hand. Tears stung her eyes from fear as she looked up to see Myungsoo gritting his teeth and clinging onto her small limb, grunting from the weight and gravity going against his small body. Minny squealled as a wind came through and made her wave in the air, making Myungsoo immediately pull her up with all his strength.

Myungsoo tumbled back with Minny as she landed on him, panting softly from their little sense of danger. Minny sat up and looked over at Myungsoo, tears still stinging her eyes before the hugged him, making him laugh breathlessly, "You're such a girl." 

 

---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

"Awww did my little MyungMyung miss me while I was away?" Minny laughed as she sat on her bed, a cup of cocoa in her hands, making Myungsoo roll his eyes in annoyance,

"Don't flatter yourself." 

"Oh, then why did you come all this way then, hm?" Minny poked at him curiously, sipping the warm substance she had tucked between her hands, her eyebrow raised playfully. Myungsoo sat beside her, laying back in her comforter as he sighed, his arms folding beneath his head as he closed his eyes, humming softly, "re you not going to tell me, mister cool guy?" A chuff rattled out of Myungsoo's chest, making him peek an eye over at her, shaking his head.

"I just heard you were having a bit of trouble getting settled in, then I heard about this whole dance thing you got yourself dragged into. And that's when I came running, I mean come on. You? Dancing? That spells trouble. Who's the poor er who has the impossible task of getting you coordinated, none the less trying to get you out of the habit of walking into walls?" Minny scoffed, putting a hand on her chest in playful offense, 

"Whoever gets the honor of getting the impossible task of making me do anything coordinated, is what you mean to say, " Myungsoo rolled his eyes, "And anyways, it's just some guy from school." She waved her hand, taking a sip from her cocoa, humming at the taste of warm chocolate going down . She placed the mug down and sighed, laying back beside Myungsoo, "So, any other reason you decided to drop by?"

"I was in the neighborhood." She laughed, shaking her head, "Okay, maybe I got my dad to get me enrolled in your school."

Minny blinked, sitting up automatically at the news, looking over, "Nuh uh." 

Myungsoo smirked, "Uh huh." 

Minny smiled brightly and planted herself over Myungsoo's body, hugging him tightly, "I won't be mushy or anything, but I'll admit that I missed having your smart around to back me up!" Myungsoo returned the hug, wrapping his arms around Minny's waist, blinking, "Have you lost weight?" Minny puffed, pulling herself away from the hug and crossed her arms,

"Are you trying to say I was fat?" 

Myungsoo blinked and laughed loudly, "You're not seriously asking me that question." 

Minny's brows knitted together as she glared at him, "Minny! We're talking about you, Minny! The Minny who could eat ramen, rice, pizza, sushi and potatoes and still not be full at one sitting!" Myungsoo laughed as he rolled to his side, looking at the girl with an arm propping him up to get a better look at her, "I'm not saying you were fat, but you weren't no where near this skinny." 

Minny rolled her eyes, "You answered your own question, mister smart britches. I've been dancing non-stop for the past lifetime, it seems." Myungsoo nodded, " As you said, I at anything physical, especially dancing. But the school has this whole thing and Taemin and ughhh!" She dramatically plopped herself against her mattress, her head landing in one of many pillows.

"Like I always said: you're such a girl," Myungsoo responded to the girl's over dramatic personality, nodding, "Well, I won't mind helping you. Who's this Taemin, anyways." Minny shook her head at the name that gave her nightmare just saying it, 

"It's a long story. But over all, he's my dance instructor. And he's a tight when it comes to dancing. He has a studio and everything, he's like some big shot here." Myungsoo nodded in response, "He's such a drama queen, and he's gorgeous, don't get me wrong, but his personallity is all screwed up. He kept getting person stuff involved with school stuff. It was annoying." 

Myungsoo stuffled a laugh, "He's just a guy, he's nothing special. I'm sure you can get through it, I mean you've gotten this far. And now I'll be attending your school, so I can even help you with homework, cause we both know how worthless you are when it comes to anything acedemic. It's a wonder how you passed high school as high in the class as you did-"

"The first time."

"Yeah, the first time. What a trip is this, huh? I mean in Canada we were College students, and now we have to deal with the 'paradise' of what high school is," He scoffed and folded his arms over his chest, "I must really care about you to come all this way to go through this hell voluntarily once again. None the less, we have to take college entrance exams here." Minny nodded and sighed,

"Anyways, how'd you get into my school? You're not too big in the arts. So how'd you weasle into the un-weasle-able?" 

Myungsoo laughed and sighed, "You don't remember how I'm pretty much an acedemics genious, none the less a great actor." Minny raised a brow, trying to stop herself from laughing at the boy, but failed as she rested a hand on her stomach, starting to laugh. Myungsoo frowned, "What?" 

Minny laughed harder, tears almost rolling down her cheeks before she caught her breath enough to explain herself, "Do you not remember 3rd grade? When we played hookie from school to go to the lake with Mitchel? And how your mom saw right through you and grounded you for a month?" She continued to laugh, making Myungsoo crack a smile at how much enjoyment the other took out of the past the two had together.

"Well, I'm not the one who's competing in the impossible." 

Minny laughed and nodded, realizing something, "Hey, why were you acting all cool and suave at the park? You were acting as if you didn't know me." Minny unconciously pouted, making her bottom lip slightly puff out.

Myungsoo chuckled, "You're one to talk, you looked right at me and asked me if you knew me." 

Minny waved her hands, "Noooo, well, wait, I did do that. But in my defense, you got a hair cut since I last saw you a year ago, and you got some muscle tone. I'm sure the girls back home were swooning." She winked goofily as Myungsoo laughed, shaking his head in annoyance, "I still remember baby-fat MyungMyung~." 

Myungsoo laughed once again, "I wanted to act cool, besides, I saw the way you looked at me." He waved a playful finger at the girl, making her confused, making him roll his eyes, "Never mind. Now, you gotta tell me everything."

"Everything?" Minny repeated, blinking with a slight tilt of her head, "You already seem to know everything. I'm guessing my parents stayed in touch with you or something?" The man shook his head, humming and pointed a finger to his heart, 

"I promised not to tell."