Starting Something

High School Life... ?

Starting Something

 

[ Minny's POV]

I groaned as my alarm clock , yet again, screamed into my ear to make me get ready for school- it never failed. I lazily sat up from my bed and rubbed my head, still half asleep. My hair beautifully stuck up in every which way possible as I filed my fingers through my hair, cracking my eyes open slowly, my body being taken over with a shot of soreness as if I was just hit by a truck loaded with bricks that emptied ontop of me.

I groaned out in agony, my way of complaining, at the feeling of the tense muscles in my body. I got up and went through my daily routine of getting ready for the busy day, my calves feeling as if they were going to pull away from my body at any second.

A half hour passed and I was finally ready, my hair neatly pulled back so that it stayed out of my face- knowing and well aware that I'd need it later in the day for that damned Taemin, and his stupid dance expectations.    

I made my way down to the kitchen, finding my parents had already left, a sticky note left on the fridge. I strided toward the note, curious as to why my folks would be gone so early in the morning.

"Minny,

We'll be back by the time you return home from your dance practice.

Taemin has been waiting in the living room for you.

Behave and treat Taemin well, he's a nice boy!

No need to scare him off!

Love, Mom and Dad"

I rolled my eyes playfully, chuckling to myself as a reaction to the note.

Me? Scare him off? Please, I'm adorable.

I looked at the digital clock that was on the stove, my eyes growing wide. It was already 12:30P.M. I'd be more than half way done with my 6th hour class- the school day would amost be over!

I quickly grabbed my bag and continued on my way as if my house was on fire, running down the street and up the block, aproaching the front of my school with my hair being blown in the wind, the ponytail coming ondone from the rush.

I rested my hands on my knees as I approached the enterance, looking up to find the school yard, that was usually litering with ditchers and underclassman, completely empty.

"Y-Yah, Mi-Minny-ah!" I turned to find Taemin calling my name, breathless as he scurried to a stop from his run.

How is it he managed to look absolutely breathtaking even when he was, well, outta breath?

I pushed the thought aside as I placed a confused look on my face, not sure what was going on. Taemin laughed as he grabbed ahold of my hand, trying to drag me back the direction I came.

"Yah! I have to get to class, I'm already late as it is!" Taemin chuckled as he continued to pull me in the direction of my house, suddenly remembering something, "YAH! You were in my living room waiting for me! How come you didn't wake me up for school?!"

"It's Saturday- which means no school," He simply stated, a smirk evident on his face.

You're so lucky you're so damn attractive, or else I'd totally go 'wah-pa!' on your , Taemin!

I rolled my eyes and yanked my hand out of his warm grasp, walking ahead of him with the best attitude I could splatter on my face. I was too tired and was unbelievably sore beyond belief.

"Don't be like that, Minny-ah. We have all day to do whatever!" Taemin cheered, pacing himself so he was walking backwards, facing me, his arms folded behind his head. I glared at him in response.

"Yeah, until dance practice that is," I grumbled under my breath, kicking my feet like a little kid throwing a temper tantrum, this made Taemin chuckle.

"Fine, since you worked so hard yesterday, how about today we just go out and have a good time? Besides, I think you just need to have dance practice the days we have school, so you can relax during the weekend."

I swear, I just wanted to hug him right now. My poor body now could relax and engulf all the junk food I felt worthy of eating without having to worry if I'd be able to function in the gym of the weight my body substantially gained, but then again, losing weight wasn't exactly hard. I wasn't too into the superficial things like makeup or name brand clothes- I was a pretty easy girl to please, to me, simple was better as long as I survived and had a good time.

"So, is there anyone you wanna hang out with? People from school or anything?" Taemin asked as we walked back through my front door.

I placed a finger at my chin in thought of the friends I had recently met, sorting through all the faces in my classes.

"There's this guy in our chem class who's really nice and funny," I said as I continued to think,"And the girl in our computer class, she's really nice. And how about... that other girl in our history class?"

Taemin plopped onto the couch, his arms folded behind his head as he gave me a weird look,"Either we're really alike, or you just read my mind, I know exactly who you're talking about. The guy in our chem class, Mir, right? The girl in our computer class, are you talking about Jenni? And the girl in our history class, are you talking about Mo?"

I smiled and nodded, "Yeah, we must be too alike or something. Let's..." I sat and thought of an idea for us to do as Taemin continued to stare at me, waiting for an answer. Then I had an idea.

A great idea.

A fun idea.

The. Best. Idea. Ever.

"Let's have a sleepover."