1. 2. 3- Ouch!

High School Life... ?

1. 2. 3- Ouch!

 

[Minny's POV]

Taemin walked me home, my body aching in places that never ached before, and I could hear my bed calling my name. But of course, you know how Taemin rolls, he has to ruin everything with common sense.

"Make sure you eat when you get inside, arasso?"

I glared at him as my response, earning a chuckled from him.

"You have no idea how much I want to kill you right now, Taemin, or should I say "Teacher Lee?"

As I opened the door to my house, I noticed Taemin still behind me. I scowled.

"Yah! What are you doing? Get out!" Let's just say being tense from multiple dancing skills and dancing routines, Taemin wasn't exactly on my good side right now. He had literally had me on the floor doing 200 pushups within the first 2seconds after dropping the bomb of him being the dance instructor- and I hate physical labor.

He smirked, "Your mom invited me for dinner to thank me. And don't be so comfortable with your speech with me, you might slack on calling me 'Teacher' in the gym." I could feel my scowl deepen, my glare becoming for deathly as I made my way to the livingroom, not caring what that bonehead was doing in the kitchen.

As soon as my head hit the soft cushions of my couch, I could feel myself drift into the rest that my aching body craved for so much at that moment.

[Taemin's POV]

I must admit, I was surprised when the principle asked me to be Minny-ah's coach for her dance lessons, but I grew accustomed to the idea after thinking about it for awhile.

Minny follwed me around school, trying not to be clingy, but she was fun to be around. The way she grumbled to herself in frustration at the gym, wanting to quit, the way her feet would get screwed around eachother, making her fall, and the way she'd just scowl at me after making her do multiple workouts entwined with the dancing... was cute.

She had that kind of affect on me, but I just shrugged off the little feelings that would bubble up in my stomach whenever I was around her and just continue making fun of her and her somewhat childish ways.

I went through Minny's family's cabinets, finding some instant ramen, well... instantly.

I smiled as I grabbed two cups of noodles, beginning to boil water.

Then, it was quiet.

Too quiet.

For Minny, this was very quiet. With her and her non-stop talking and joking around, this was a pretty scary quiet.

I made my way to the diningroom- no Minny. I then went into her room- no Minny.

My face crunched up in thought, not sure where that bothersome girl could be. I patted my feet down the stairs from her room and went into the livingroom to see Minny's sleeping form sprawled on the couch. Her features were smooth and not showing stress- something that was usually evident in her face. I understood though.

She wasn't exactly fluent in Korean- she was still considered a 'beginner' if it was up to me. She only knew a few phrases and words and didn't know how to use well-structured sentences. And being in a school and country where Korean was the primary language- it would be strange if she wasn't stressed.

I sat beside Minny's curled-up legs, studying her face and chuckling.

I had no doubt made Minny one of my closest friends because of her strange and funny ways. She had come to Korea for her parents and to continue her studies here. It kind of confused me why her parents would choose Korea considering neither of them spoke or studied Korean, but I must admit, I'm thankful her parents made such a strange decision.

I had almost become lonely and bored going through the motions of the school day and gawking girls in my classes- even some teachers wouldn't be able to keep their eyes to themselves. It was annoying, but I tolerated it.

I hadn't grown close with any of the guys at my school. For some reason, I guess I didn't fit into their standards for a person to hangout with after school.

But I was okay with that... as long as I had Minny by my side.

She may not have noticed yet, but a lot of the guys have grown a liking to her style and ways. She wasn't all about the aegyo and trying to make a man's heart stir, she didn't fuss over money, she was kind-hearted- she was real and fun (and not to mention pretty), I don't blame those guys for finding a liking to her.

She had this form of natural beauty that all the guys would swoon over, but she didn't use charm or aegyo for those other guys, she didn't even blink an eye at them, she'd always have her full attention on me.

It may sound bad putting it like that, but I liked how she'd actually listen to me and what I had to say. I'd vent to her about my frustrations of the day, she'd listen. I'd talk about something stupid and meaningless, like the new bikeshop down the street, she'd listen. She'd listen to me like whatever I said actually had a meaning and was important to know- she made me feel special.

My eyes dropped to her calves, seeing a light cut and bruise on her leg. I could feel myself grimace at the thought that she didn't even complain about how much it hurt for her small body to be falling and being beat up the way it did today. Yeah, she'd complain about the workout and doing them, but she never complained about how hard it actually was and how wornout she was.

I have to admit, I felt a little guilty since it was sort of my fault with pushing her so hard on her first day- but I wanted to show a cooler yet more authorative older to Minny and to show I could take control if I needed to.

I got up, a soft smile playing on my lips as I made my way to the kitchen, turning off the burner, and then heading to the freezer, grabbing ice and placing it in a zip-lock bag.

I poured the boiling water into the small cups, closing the lids and shimmied my feet across the wooden floor to the diningroom and slowly placing the ice pack on Minny's calf.

Her eyes opened slowly from the cool feeling of the ice being placed carefully on her leg, and looked up at me.

"Y-Yah..." She grumbled, rubbing her eyes.

"Aw, how cute..."

"Don't 'yah' me, I'm taking care of my dongseng," I growled at her as I lifted my hand from the icepack, her hand holding the dripping bag against her leg. "Come, you've gotta eat. You can't sleep without anything in your stomach cause you burned off all your food from earlier."

Her face scrunched up, "I just wanna sleep, Taemin~. How can you still be functioning if I'm this tired and sleepy?"

I smirked, and nodded, "Neh, arasso. Just eat and I'll leave. I need to make sure you eat, go, your food's in the kitchen."

She lazily and slowly got up from the couch, throwing the ice back in the freezer, and limping to the cup of noodles beside the fridge.

I shook my head.

Minny was stubborn. That was one thing I learned about this crazy dongseng.

It might've only been a week, but I can tell this was going to be one heck of an adventure, and I was going to enjoy it... all thanks to Minny.