Night lights

When hunter becomes a prey

 

Tao put down a tiny cup on little saucer.

“More tea?” bawi asked.

“No, thank you. It was delicious. Now I’m afraid I have to go.”

Girls pouted. Tao made a dramatic sigh with a roll of his eyes. His fringe was bowed up with a purple ribbon (gawi handcraft) and he was sitting on the floor between big stuffed unicorn and a doll, in very uncomfortable position for his long legs. Bawi treated a blue triceratops with a ‘tea’ from elegant toy pot and tried to pour a little to Zitao’s cup but he stopped her and suggested she should treat Mr. Fluffy instead.

“You look like a one of this lap-dogs,” Junmyeon commented from the couch, where he was sitting with a glass of wine.

“Shut up,” Zitao murmured.

“That’s cute!” triplets mother slipped in. Tao gave her ‘et tu, Brute?’ look.

Blonde stood up with some effort and scowled. His legs really hurt. He bowed toward girls.

“Thank you, my ladies for that delightful treat.”

Gawi tangled herself around his legs and all girls started to whining. Tao ruffled hair of triplet that was plastered to him. Junmyeon’s mother, who was carrying a cloth she used to dry plates, stepped into the room.

“Are you going already?”

Zitao nodded with a smile, trying to entangled himself from embrace.

“Yes ma’am. It’s getting late. Goodnight everyone.”

Tao caught with a corner of his eye, that Jun was frowning. Yet he didn’t give a damn, just took his hoodie and moved toward door, half-dragging one of the sisters – he could swear they switched.

Before he even managed to reach the knob, firm hand tightened around his shoulder. He tilted his head a little to meet his friend’s warning gaze. He stand it calmly, waiting till Junmyeon study his face, looking for a tiniest sign of insubordination. Finding none, boss took a step back without releasing Tao’s arm. A small wrinkle between his brow meant that he was thinking hard about something.

“Where are you going?”

Tao rolled his eyes and wiggled his arm, letting other know, he would appreciate if he’d got back his arm.

“Home.” Well, half lie. “Sleep. You should try sometimes, hyung” Zitao pointed out the very obvious workaholism. One look at Junmyeon and you could say, that he was like a horse in starting gate, ready to get back to work. Jun shrugged and took back his hand. He looked like he didn’t believe him but had no proof to say otherwise and it clearly annoyed him.

“I call you a cab.”

“No need to. I don’t mind taking a walk. I like strolling alone through the night city. It’s refreshing.”

Tao opened the door and stepped one foot outside, when he felt that Junmyeon was pulling his hoodie to stop him.

“Then I’ll walk you back. It’s late.”

Junmyeon was grasping at straws, just to make sure Tao wouldn’t do anything stupid and Tao seriously didn’t know how to react. He really just wanted to go to the damn club, get drunk then get laid and forget about his problems and it was opposite of wise. And certainly he didn’t want a babysitter around.

“Look, hyung. I’m a grown up, I can handle way to home. Beside you are as scary as fluffy kitten,” Zitao pointed sarcastically. “I’m the one who can break someone’s neck with bare hands, so I think I’ll manage it somehow. Goodnight.”

“You rascal…” Junmyeon hissed. He was struggling for a second or so, but finally he let go. “Call me, when you get there.”

“Sure.”

Tao waved and went outside almost running. Junmyeon could be real pain in the , when he wanted.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Night city was always beautiful for him. Tao loved how colorful lights were dancing through the darkness in abstract combinations. Mysterious and  unique. Just like him.

He pushed glass door of his favorite club, quickly checking, if his look was acceptable. Pleased with his make-up magic, he sink into the dark and loud space.

As always, there were dozens of people, dancing and shouting through the noise.

Tao decided to go to the smaller room, which was less crowded and less loud. Place where you could actually talk without sore throat. He managed to pushed himself to the bar and spotted new face behind it. A cute girl, who was whipping the glass, stood in front of him.

“What I can get you, honey?”  She had a sweet voice, nice smile and because she wasn’t an Asian, she drag a lot of attention of girls around the bar.

Tao lost in thoughts not sure, what he really wanted, only that is should be strong. Bartender, seeing his frown, giggled a little.

“Oh boy, I know exactly what you need. Will you trust me?”

He stared at her for a second, then nodded.

“Sweet!”

She started to mix a drink and, man, it was a show. Tao was a bit amazed by her, probably by her eastern aura and Korean better than his. Finally she put the drink in front of him.

“Enjoy, love.”

Tao took a sip from it and shrugged.

“Oh …”

“I know!”

He shot her a satisfied grin. It was so strong. That woman knew what she was doing. He was about to ask what kind of drink it is but she gave him ‘wait a minute’ sign and went to serve someone else on the second end of the counter. It was cute little guy with doe eyes and kissable heart shaped lips. Tao could swear, he saw him somewhere. Girl had a small talk with him, made a fruity looking drink and went back.

She leaned on a counter, that she didn’t have to shout.

“So, split up. What brings you here today?”

Tao raised his brows. He didn’t expect that coming.

“Well, apparently your perfect drink. What is it?”

“Oh, Death in the Afternoon” she waved like it was some kind of trivia. She pointed at him. “You’ll get only two, so drink wisely!”

“Why?”

“Oh, do you really think, we, bartenders, want to make drunk all the people here? It’s a pain in the . I prefer when my clients walk out on their own legs.” She giggled. “Also if something happens after and I’ll know about it, I have to live with it till the end of my days” she said dramatically. Tao laughed a bit and it was good. She wiggled her brows at him. “So, looking for some one night stand or what?”

Zitao nodded, still smiling like a crazy.

“You totally should hit the dancefloor then! There is so many hot guys there! Too bad, all are gay…”

He laughed.

“No , Sherlock. Gays in gay club? Who would think?”

“Don’t mock me smartass. I still can have some sorrows to the nature, when I see all that nice asses. Well, off you go.” She waved him away. “Go find your pray!”

Zitao finished his drink and stood up. A bit too fast. Giggling, he caught his balance and then went to the other room. With the corner of his eye, he could see, that girl was chit-chatting with cute guy from earlier again. He looked a bit down. Good for him, he bumped at her, Tao thought. She surely make him feel better.

 

Dancefloor was crowded. Dozens of people bouncing in a fast rhythm. Tao didn’t need much time to perfectly fit in. He switched dance partners few times, some of them terrible but hot, some amazing and hot, but no one caught his attention.

Then, out of the blue, there were warm hands on his hips, wide, firm chest pressing to his back. He could feel a hot breath on his neck, when he was moving synchronized with other person, who joined him. He couldn’t see who it was but it didn’t bother him. He let music lead them. Yet when he decided to twist in other’s arms, the presence was gone. Mysterious man could be anyone near, blended in a crowd of sweated bodies, bouncing in mad lights. In a second, he was there again, behind him. Tao frowned but he had to admit, he was intrigued. By the time he noticed, the hands was exploring his firm body but not in a wrong way, just in the limits of acceptance. He was flirting with the line. Anyway, he was okay with that. The other one was leading him slowly to the edge of the dancefloor but it took him a while to notice.

Zitao didn’t have a second to think, when other man twisted him and pushed on the wall. Before he could look at his face, man literally attacked his lips. Not like Zitao minded. Other one was a great kisser and knew exactly how to use his mouth and tongue. As much as agent enjoyed it, he realized where it was going. Definitely not where he wanted. Man was on a good way to make Tao his and it was the last thing Tao was willing to give. He came there to make someone his not the opposite. Blonde tried to retreat but other had strong, dominant presence. He needed to bite his lip to make them parted for a moment. Even then, other man was so close, that Tao couldn’t really look at him.

“I’m sorry, I think you got the wrong signal…”

If not the unbelievable loud music, Zitao would hear a snort. Man leaned closer to his ear, still pressing smaller one to the wall with his own weight.

“I think the message was pretty clear.”  Tao felt, that he his earlobe, then nibbled it, making him shiver. Now he crossed the line. Not cool. Voice sounded familiar, yet he couldn’t match it with anyone. Anyway there was too loud to make any statements.

Tao put his hands on stranger's chest and pushed him off.  Well, that's definitely not who he was expecting.
“You!”

 

*******************************************************************************************************

A/N :: hey cutiepies!~ long time no see... sorry for that. I'm not abandonig you, just have a lot on my plate and there's big mess in my live... as holidays starts, I'll try update some more~ Thanks for all the support!