Questions

When hunter becomes a prey

A/N :: Prepere yourself for a fluff, sugar and rainbows!~ I'm not sure, if you read this notes, cupcakes, but I wouldn't mind if you read this on the end~

Enjoy!~

 

 

Even though Junmyeon was significantly smaller in every way possible than Zitao, he still could be like hell intimidating. He was the youngest boss in the history for a reason. Junmyeon could look innocent and fragile but it was an illusion. And years ago, when they met, Tao was having not really decent fantasies about his best friend, he always imagined him on the bottom, yet Junmyeon quickly made him aware, that if he was a gay, he wouldn’t have let Tao or anyone near to his . Junmyeon had strong, dominance personality, which mostly he was hiding, he could make anyone crumble. He was scary. And also he was straight as an arrow. Probably that was for the best, as Tao wouldn’t let anyone stick anything to his either.

So now Tao found himself on the chair pouting with cheeks red from embarrassment and arms folded on his chest. Jun was mimicking the gesture, leaning on his desk.

It wouldn’t skip his attention, that Junmyeon had a new Charvet Fantasy Swirl tie, that Tao sent recently to his girlfriend. It matched well with pale blue Ralph Lauren Black Label solid broadcloth French shirt and Tommy Hilfiger light gray slim fit suit. He made a mental note to say thank you to noona later.

“Don’t make me waste my men on following you, to prevent you from doing something stupid.”

“Why do you assume, I would?”

Junmyeon shot him a ‘seriously?’ look but he answered anyway. “I know you, Zitao. I have no idea, what are you planning to do, but I know I’m not approving it. I understand it’s your first field job, that you wanted it to be perfect, but you can’t make it personal. That’s the business – not every case is being closed quickly and sometimes we just need to admit our defeat.” Tao hated it, when Junmyeon was reading him like an open book. His pout said more than words to his boss.

“So I suppose just let him go, even everyone know what scum he is?!”

“For now,” Junmyeon nodded, not pleased as well.

“I’m sorry, that’s not gonna happen, hyung.”

“Then I’m cutting you off from that case.”

“What?! You can’t!”

“I. Can’t?” he hissed slowly. “I think, you are forgetting who is in charge here. Just because you’re like my little brother, that doesn’t mean, you have right to tell me what I can or cannot do! It’s become personal to you, so if I’ll find you snooping around, I swear to God, I’ll handcuff you to your freaking desk Zitao. You’re just getting too involved!”

“Is that so? Really? Maybe you are too involved, hyung? I can perfectly handle it, without you acting like a mother hen. Stop treating me like a child,” Zitao said angrily. He knew, Junmyeon felt somehow obligate to take care of the universe, that was a reason Tao gave him a nickname Suho, but Jun was overprotective toward him. He couldn’t do anything if Junmyeon was hanging over his shoulder all the time.

“You are a child.”

“You’re only two years older!”

“Yes, but you have mentality of twelve-year-old at best.”

“ you!”

“Language!” If Tao had a dime for every single time he heard it, he would be a  billionaire already. Junmyeon narrowed his eyes. “Don’t you dare question my objectivity. I can separate my private life from work perfectly. I would never let my feelings influence my judgment.”

Zitao curled under his best friend’s gaze, because probably Junmyeon was telling the truth. Nevertheless Tao wouldn’t want to admit it. Jun might be overprotective but he wouldn’t block Tao’s career just because of that.

“And that’s exactly why I’m going to take lunch break,” Jun pressed the button on his phone. “Jongin, I’m going out for a while, take my calls and don’t redirect them to me.” Junmyeon waited for a confirmation. Tao thought he might ended up worse. Like Jongin. As a temporary secretary. “Okay buddy, I think there some things you’d like tell me about?” He pointed  at Zitao’s face, just on the bruise under his eye. Boy glanced on his phone, using it as a mirror, frightened, that his makeup was damaged. But no. Though it was all conformation that Junmyeon needed. Tao cursed himself for getting played so easily. “It was your father again, wasn’t it?” Jun sighed and helped Tao to get on his feet. “Come on, I’m taking you for a lunch.”

 

 

*

 

There was a soft knock and Minseok invited himself in, without any sign of permission. Yifan leaned back in his chair, putting his pen aside. He raised his brow in a silent question. He didn’t need a second look to know that his bunch of incompetent idiots didn’t do what they’d been asked for. Yet Minseok walk to his desk with typical sheepish calm and gave him a file. Chinese opened it not sure what it could be, then took out photos made from hidden spots and two sheets of files with personal data.

“When can you meet him?” he asked, scanning through the photos.

“I don’t think he’s a busy person, so I can go even now.”

“Perfect.” Kris grinned. It was nice to know, he could rely at least on one person.

 

 

*

 

“It’s already dead. You don’t have to stab it again.” Junmyeon raised one brow, when he saw Tao playing with his food. It was unusual for kid to not to have an appetite. Tao shot him a gloomy look.

“Just ask your question, hyung.”

“I already did and you hadn’t answered. How long do we know each other, Taozi?”

Chinese blinked confused. He thought how they met for the first time and how much he hated Junmyeon back then.

“A while.”

Junmyeon nodded. “And since then you were talking about everything with me. About your problems, boyfriends, joys and sorrows. About your father. What’s different this time?”

Boy bit his lip and turned his sight. It’s not like he didn’t want to talk about it, well he didn’t, he felt so ashamed of himself. So useless. So defenseless.

“You know, one your word and he’ll end up behind the bars in a blink of an eye.”

Tao tensed and reminded silence, food long forgotten. Junmyeon was waiting patiently, so younger one finally turned  his gaze back to his hyung. He shook his head.

“I don’t want that. He’s my father.”

“He’s a tormentor.”

“He’s my father,” Tao insisted. “He wasn’t always like that.”

“He was long enough. He should end up in jail.” Junmyeon pointed, not really interested that made Tao scowl. He was right and he was sick and tired of Zitao’s misery.

“He’s not that bad. He’s my father. Please, just let it go… I want to know, you won’t do anything.”

 “But…”

“Promise me, Junmyeon.”

“Okay. Okay. I won’t.”

They were sitting in a silent, both obviously with lack of appetite and elder one very unpleased. He couldn’t do anything even if he wanted. Without Zitao’s cooperation, he could only make things worse for him.

“You should go back to the bureau.”

Junmyeon nodded. “I should. Would you come over a dinner? Mom is cooking.”

“I… I have… things to do?”

“Come on Zitao.”

“I just don’t want to interrupt.” Zitao looked really uncomfortable. What was weird, because he loved Jun’s mother cooking. And he loved his parents. In fact they were more parents for him than his real ones. Well, except Mrs. Huang. But she was in China and Zitao was in Korea with his father. Junmyeon’s parents accepted him like their own son, passing him the maknae role. And he spent every moment he could in their house back in high school. Despite those when his drunk father needed  a punching bag. Or at least a punching bag presence behind closed door, curled under the bed. Because if he wouldn’t be home then, it would be far worse for him later. So it led Junmyeon to conclusion that Zitao was up to something.

“You know my parents adore you.”

“You just want to have an eye on me,” Zitao snorted.

Junmyeon smiled charmingly. “See you at six.”

 

*

Tao changed his balance nervously from foot to foot, before he hit the doorbell. He always was anxious after dramas with his father, it kind of hurt to see an image of perfect family when his own was a pathetic substitute of one. Especially that when he came back home, there was a pile of new cigarettes ends on his doormat, lucky for him, without his father. He’d rather spent a night in a bar, drinking a lot and hoping he get laid with someone cute, but here he was. He heard the move inside and Junmyeon’s sister-in-law opened the door.

“Zitao,” she gave him a warm smile and stepped back to let him in.

“Hello,” he said sheepishly and handed her a bottle of wine.

Before he could say even a word, something crushed with his body.

“Oppa!!!”

Zitao blinked and looked down, to see three little girls plastered to his legs. Three identical smiled faces  were turned at him and it creeped him out like always. Kim triplets always gave him a chill. They looked like from The Shining but more. Yet he couldn’t resist the smile, when he saw they were wearing a Christmas present from him. It was easier to recognize them by clothes and he could match a ‘girl 1’, ‘girl 2’, ‘girl 3’ with something like color, especially when all their names started the same. They were wearing almost identical long sleeved shirts, one baby blue with ‘gawi’, one buttercup yellow with ‘bawi’ and one lavender violet with ‘bo’. The main parts of shirts were plain but the slaves were in horizontal stripes with all three colors. It was a nice combination with powder pink tutu skirts and bows. Somehow he stopped regretting coming there.

“Okay girls, give him some space!” Junmyeon chuckled, entering the hallway.

All three turned their heads in a perfectly synchronized movement and sulking ran back to the dining room. The adults followed them.

Zitao felt his eyes watering, when Junmyeon’s mother trapped him in a firm embrace and his father patted him on a back. Jun’s brother greet him with a smile and they all sat to the table. Girls almost killed each other, fighting over a place. Finally Tao ended squeezed between ‘gawi’ and ‘bawi’, while ‘bo’ clambered on his laps.

“Oppa! Why are you crying?” she asked, concerned, three pairs of almost black eyes were looking at him from under pony fringes.

“I’m not…”

“You are,” ‘gawi’ pointed. “Are you sad, oppa?”

He touched his cheek to find, that indeed he was crying.

“Ah, no, I’m happy actually.”

Girls looked confused.

“So why are you crying?” ‘bawi’ got interested. “Do you have a boo-boo?”

Zitao needed a moment before he could make any coherent answer so Junmyeon’s brother came with a help.

“Sometimes people cry when they are happy, sweety.”

“But why?” ‘bo’ asked.

“Eh… because they are touched, princess.”

Mrs. Kim encourage them to take the food, so ‘bo’ had to sit on her chair, what she did with a pout. Really cute.

“Why?” That was ‘bawi’. Tao’s lips curled into an amused smile, when he put food on his plate.

“Because… sometimes other people give you something special, that feels so overwhelming, that you cannot hold back and cry.”

“Like when I get a present?”

“Yes.”

“But I don’t cry when I get a present,” ‘bo’ objected.

“It has to be something you really, really want and you’d never thought you can get it. That kind of present sometimes makes you cry.”

“But why?”

“Don’t ask me embarrassing questions, that I cannot answer,” man whined, tired of the interrogation.

“Not every tears are bad, baby girl.” Tao rescued him. “Sometimes there is so much happiness in you, that you can’t help but cry. When you’ll get older, you’ll understand.”

“So what did you get, oppa?” ‘gawi’ asked. Zitao gave her a warm smile.

“Love and family.”

 

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:: My dears! I have a question - because I'm posting pics of the clothes, I was wondering, if you like it these way or you'd rather prefere them on the top? I'd be happy to see what you think ^^

Chapter is a bit longer, because I needed to add triplets! They are my favourites now ^^

Junmyeon's outfit:

  ~650$

250$

325$

Girls skirts:

~60$

Shirts were my idea, so sorry, no image D:

just if someone doesn't know: gawi, bawi, bo is rock, paper, scissors in Korean

 

Also I've got a Chinese name from my Chinese teacher and it's so so cute!~ So I'm gathering karma points to change a user name ^^ Feel free to help me with this - if you like my story, subscribe and let me know down below! Don't be shy!!! I'm always so happy and grateful to see, that there is more and more of you, I wouldn't except even 10 persons and yet it's over 50 of you! And I love you all~

Thanks for being with me ( ˘ ³˘)❤


Okay, enough of my speech. Sleep tight or have a wonderful day my baozi bunnies!~

Bye!~