There's no escape from your past?

When hunter becomes a prey

Tao was tired. He dreamt about hot shower and good sleep. Or any other distraction from thoughts about Kris. Kris is a target, he repeated in his mind like a mantra. Why for heavens he needed to look so damn good? To have good taste, to have that voice, to making him blush with his eyes. Nobody made him blush! No-bo-dy! Stop it! He IS a TARGET. He’s going to jail. Don’t make it complicated, Huang Zitao. Wu ‘Kris’ Yifan was suspected of over hundred so called suicides and who knows how many bribes and loan ‘repays’. Tao really needed to find someone cute to distract him. And he definitely didn’t want to find person, who was sitting on his doormat. Whole his body tensed.

“Dad?”

“There is a lame imitation of man, that’s calling himself my son.”

Man stood up and lit another cigarette. There was like ten cigarette ends on the floor around him. He was as tanned as Tao, slightly taller and way much muscular. He had wide chest and broad shoulders, that Tao will never have with his quite slender and thin build. His black hair was crew cut. Just like suited ex military. As always he was wearing dull clothes that Tao hated. Even though he was about only one or two inches taller, he made his son shrink a little.

“What do you want? I don’t have money” Tao said with his customary confidence but his hands was shaking a little as he was opening the door. Money was only thing, why his father was visiting him. Zitao didn’t want to invite him inside, he never had before, but the hour was late and he knew from the very beginning that man was in fight mood. He couldn’t disturb his neighbors and his landlady was such a sweet person, so he really didn’t want anyone call her in the middle of the night. He kept the door open and let his father pass through.

“You don’t? Because that fancy suit looks pretty new and expensive for my eye.”

Tao winced. His father was like a dog, when it came to money. He could smell them everywhere.

Tao closed the door behind him, took off his shoes and didn't say a word that his father hadn't. His flat was small but cozy. He had only one room with a little kitchen annex and bathroom. Everything was kept minimalistic, in black and white colors with some leopard accents. Two big windows and cashew oak floor. Walls were white, one with the quote Faith makes it possible to achieve that which man's mind can conceive and believe, most of furniture were black, except of white sofabed with leopard printed cushions and few teddy pandas stock between them. Along wall with the quote, there was a long clothes rail and shoes shelf in the corner. Tao loved his clothes, so he always kept in mind to have them nicely organized. It looked almost like in the small boutique. He liked to call that place home.

“It… it’s a gift.”

“A gift, huh?” His father exhaled the smoke. That made boy winced even more, as he hated the smell. He saw how ash is falling on the soft ivory color carpet, leaving nasty stains. “And what have you done to deserve such a present?”

“It was for work…”

“For work, you say” One thick eyebrow raised. “Since when you need a suit to work in a damn factory.”

Tao took a nervous breath. He was looking for the good answer in his mind.

“I… I… there was a party.”

He heard a loud slap and his head spun. In a second he felt burning pain on his cheek.

“Don’t even try. How dare you lie to me?!”

Man didn’t even try to keep quiet. Tao’s head was hanging low and he was fighting with himself to not to catch his cheek. He knew it would be worse. It would make him look weaker.

“I was in the factory and they told me, that you quitted months ago” he hissed and caught Tao’s shirt in his fist, making boy look at him. Boy crinkled up his nose, catching the mixed whiff of cigarettes and alcohol.  “What were you doing? around?”

“I… wasn’t.” Tao tried very hard to stop tears coming to his eyes.

Second after, he find himself on the floor because of strong hit. He almost could see the stars as whole world start to spinning. Next dull pain came from his stomach, when his father kicked him with whole his might. Tao didn’t even try to defend himself. He’d never tried.  He couldn’t win and that would make his father even more furious. So since he remembered, he was just taking hits in silent, trying not to cry too obvious.

“I helped you to get good damn work and that’s how you repay me?!” Another kick in accompany of shout. “Selling your to some s like you?! You are disgusting!”

Tao was sobbing silently, curling himself as if it could make pain go away or protect him from the kicks. He couldn’t say, what was his job now, as well he could tell his father any other lie, because he wouldn’t believe anyway. Boy felt the metallic taste of blood in his mouth and red waterfall running from his nose, staining the carpet.

His father never was an angel but he’d kept them safe and given them a place to live. He was a veteran – strict, emotionless but Zitao always believed he loved them. They really were loving family once. He'd trained his son, wanted him be a manly man, so he hadn’t cared what Tao had been thinking about it, boy just had to it up and do how he was told. It was like having military camp in their home. But he always could rely on him. His father was aggressive, only after he got really, really drunk. What had happened rarely. Yet, he never raised his hand on them. Until he’d found out that Tao was gay. That time Tao’d ended up in the hospital. But Tao didn’t blame him. He knew, he was weak. He knew he was a disappointment. His father changed a lot. He wasn't the same person, Tao remembered from his childhood. His parents had divorced. Somehow, his father was the one who'd got custody and moved with him to Korea. His father had been drinking more and more, blaming son for everything. Boy had been a pushover in home and typical troublemaker at school.

Suddenly hits stopped. Tao opened one eye and look up, to see his father gaze was fixed on clothes rail. There was a nervous tick on his eyebrows.

“N… no. P-lease…” Zitao pleaded, when he saw, what his father was up to.

“You have no guts to stand up, to be a man…” he started to rip clothes from hangers and throwing them around, ripping some of them. His son tried to stand up but failed, managed only to raise on his knees. “… yet you are whining about your clothes?!” Teddy pandas shared clothes fate. “And you’re sleeping with teddies?!” He caught the empty rail and throw it on the ground. “How much more pathetic can you be?!” Another strong hit threw Tao on the floor again.

Finally man had enough and left, smashing the door loudly and leaving sobbing mess, which was Tao, on the carpet. Boy wrapped himself into fetal position and stayed that way till morning.

 

***************************************************************************************************************************

A/N ::

I'm back... and depressed, so I'd written sad things D: Sorry

probably a lot of grammatical mistakes... sorry, my baozi-buns~

U can imagine Tao's flat a bit like this (view from the kitchen)

with clothes rail instead of TV tho and quote above it and shoes shelf in the right corner

anyone knows who said the quote from Tao's wall?^ ^ don't use google, cheaters!:D

my friend told me that I'm a master of doing charismatic carpets xD

back to assassin's creed, love ya, my dear baozi buns!~