decem

Mundane's Definition of Love
Upon reaching the Institute, Chanyeol noticed a round-eyed boy leaning on the tall black gates. A second later he heard Baekhyun sprint towards the fallen boy. Walking closer to the pair, Chanyeol realized it wasn't a boy but someone who looked about the same age as the one next to him. Out of the corner of his eye, a window was open where Jongin's room should be.

 

Chanyeol coughed in order for the short one to notice him. "Baekhyun, who is he?"

 

He didn't look up to the giant. "Kyungsoo, my friend."

 

Without hesitation, Chanyeol went towards Kyungsoo and lifted him up. He then proceeded to bring the male in deep sleep to the Institute. Baekhyun shortly followed once he realized what Chanyeol was doing.

 

"Why are you bringing him up? He's a mundane."

 

Chanyeol ignored the question and set Kyungsoo down on the couch. The room they were in that was closest to the entrance was the library. It was a bigger library than Baekhyun had ever been to. Sunlight coming through the tall windows, shelves to almost the top of the space filled with books, and a small fireplace to the side, everything was grand. Looking down, he saw a design on the floor of an angel rising from a lake in a surrounding forest holding a cup.

 

"The angel Raziel rising from the lake bearing the Mortal Cup and the Mortal Sword," a voice said making Baekhyun look up. "It was found later that the lake he emerged from was the Mortal Glass itself," Joonmyun recited.

 

"You're going to bore him to death," Sehun said giving a frown.

 

From behind Sehun out came Jongin rushing to Kyungsoo's side. "What happened to him? Hyung take out your stele! Quickly!"

 

Baekhyun watched as Chanyeol took out what was called a stele and not a magic wand and gave it to Jongin. Jongin took off his jacket revealing a series of marks displayed all over Kyungsoo's arms.

 

"Why does he have all these marks on his arms?" Baekhyun was surprised to see them, he never noticed they were there on his best friend's arm.

 

"Your best friend is a Shadowhunter," Sehun said in a matter-of-fact tone. "He's the reason why Jongin's still alive now."

 

Around that time, Kyungsoo began to wake up thanks to Jongin putting an iratze on his arm. All Baekhyun could do was watch as Jongin embraced Kyungsoo as he was really worried about the big eyed male beforehand. Kyungsoo tried to push Jongin away but it wasn't working.

 

"Jongin stop. I need to talk to Baekhyun." the older one politely requested.

 

It took a while for Jongin to get off Kyungsoo, Jongin giving worried looks as Kyungsoo grabbed Baekhyun by the hand and led them into another room. Baekhyun was dragged into a room filled with all sorts of weapons from a tall wooden bow down to little daggers with crosses on them. Baekhyun let his eyes wander as they passed through different types of weapons and materials on display. He particularly stopped at two golden rings made up of two leaves.

 

"Fey rings, they let you talk and listen to the other bearer's mind," Kyungsoo recited.

 

"Why didn't you tell me you were a Shadowhunter?" Baekhyun didn't face Kyungsoo, he just focused solemnly on the rings.

 

"Baekhyun I-. I had to keep it a secret from you. You're not really what you think you are," Kyungsoo's voice started to crack.

 

Baekhyun's temper was slowly rising despite talking to Kyungsoo for less than thirty minutes. "Then what am I? A demon? One of those shape shifters, Eidolons?" His voice started to raise up.

 

Kyungsoo nodded his head. "You're not an Eidolon, you're something else. I swore to not tell you who you were before."

 

Baekhyun felt anger course through his veins at this point. "Who told you not to tell me an important part of my life? Everytime I try to remember something, I can almost see it then it's gone! It's all gone from the point after my parents died to two years ago!"

 

Kyungsoo reacted by wincing as his tone got angrier. Baekhyun had a change of face from rage to regret. In the midst of all this, Jongin walked in, face very pale.

 

"Hyung, there's been another disappearance," he told catching their attention. "One from the Night Children and the Children of the Moon."

 

 

 

*A/N*
i am honestly so sorry i had to wrap this up~ but guess which character(s) will come out next! uhuhuhuhuhu ;w;