novem

Mundane's Definition of Love
"I came here on my own free will compared to you two hunters of the Shadow," the blonde male spoke. "The question is why are you here?" Cat eyes went from Baekhyun to Chanyeol.

 

Both of them didn't have anything to say, until Baekhyun decided to talk. "We were-"

 

"Save it. I know you were looking for this," he held up a Samsung Galaxy S5. "And here I thought you were both on official business." Luhan threw the phone towards Baekhyun. The shorter one caught it and hugged the device.

 

"Crap, all these missed calls already?" Baekhyun complained, gaining attention from the two other people in the room. Luhan rolled his eyes.

 

Chanyeol faced Luhan. "Its not like you're here strictly for business either."

 

"Oh quite the contrary my dear, I am. Haven't you noticed it's been a bit too quiet in this house, lack of femininity, especially two girls?"

 

"They're not here?" Baekhyun intervened.

 

Chanyeol angrily sighed. "I was going to tell you this when I got down, but I was ambushed by Elapids. I checked their rooms, both of them were empty."

 

"Correct, freakishly tall yoda. It's my job to find out where they are, asked by her majesty, the Seelie Queen."

 

"Who is the Seelie Queen and what does it have to do with the Jungs?" Baekhyun asked.

 

Luhan muttered under his breath then raised his voice a little bit so Baekhyun can hear. "The Seelie Queen is the ruler of the Seelie Court also known as The Faerie. She sees everything."

 

Chanyeol looked slightly confused. "But why would the Seelie Queen ask you for help and not us?"

 

"The Seelie Queen hasn't yet regained her trust with Shadowhunters," Luhan said. But she does need your help, you know how she works. A voice echoed through their minds. Chanyeol looked unaffected compared to Baekhyun who had a look of astonishment upon him.

 

"If that is what she desires, then so be it. I'll tell Joonmyun this," Chanyeol replied and took Baekhyun by the wrist leading towards the door. Dawn was nearing and out of sight, rubble was being crushed by footsteps behind the warlock.

 

"I'm surprised they haven't noticed you were there the whole time," Luhan said.

 

 

╰( ´・ω・)つ──☆✿✿✿✿✿✿

 

 

"Chanyeol where the hell are we going?" Baekhyun tried to worm out of Chanyeol, but he had an iron grip on his wrist.

 

He held the grip tighter. "Where else do you think we're going? To the Institute. I need to tell Joonmyun about this."

 

Baekhyun tried to match Chanyeol's long strides to the subway but couldn't keep up. "Why do we need to tell him? They're my friends, I'll take responsibility over them."

 

Chanyeol stopped walking and faced Baekhyun, eyes drilling into him.

 

"They're not regular human beings. They're fey, Fair Folk. Normal searches through the police won't work on the supernatural. Something bad is going to happen and I need you to stay out of it."

 

"Does it even matter anymore? You already dragged me into this from the day I met you."

 

Chanyeol clicked his tongue. "The only reason I don't want you in this is because I don't want you to get hurt. Mundanes, you aren't expandable, we live knowing the cost of what we do."

 

Baekhyun was offended and made a face towards the giant. "I'm not some damsel in distress, and whether you like it or not, I'm going to save them with or without you," he spoke. "I'm risking my own life for them, that's enough to keep me going." and walked away from Chanyeol at the opposite direction.

 

"By the Angel," Chanyeol muttered and jogged to Baekhyun. He grabbed ahold of the shorter male's wrist. Eye contact was established between them but it was Chanyeol who spoke up first.

 

"Prove to me that you're not like any other mundane in this world. Prove to me that you can handle whatever happens between today to the time we can return them back to the Seelie Court. Prove to me that all the things I've said before was wrong."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*A/N*
i'll just leave it at that. like i really don't want to use another one of those fairies since the rule i see among books are using it once per whenever. if you can guess who that is you're gaining a cookie! i'll make the next one longer i promise!