The soccer match

First Love

“COME OOOOON~” I call through the house.

My mom glares at me, motioning that I should shut up. My dad stumbles toward me, a scowl on his face.

“Why must I watch that boy’s soccer match today?” He whines.

“LUHAN – and you should just accept him already, I’m not breaking up with him anytime soon. So be a good dad and come support him with me”

“You know I divorced your mother because I don’t like being bossed around” He points out.

“Fortunately you can’t divorce me, so it up”

“I can disown you” he mutters under his breath.

 

The entire car ride toward the university’s soccer field was filled with my dad’s whines and complaints. At least he showed some… interest in my love life and who I’m dating, unlike my mother who clearly couldn’t care less (I don’t even think that she knows how old I am). 

“Just don’t expect me to hug the kid” My dad grumbles as we exit the car and walk toward the benches.

“As if I have such high expectations of you” I mutter

“Now you know how I feel about you” My dad teases, ruffling my hair.

“Daaad~” I whine, slapping his hand away.

Great now I have to fix my hair; and I have no mirror with me. I absolutely will not join those mindless girl drones and fix myself in the bathroom.

 

“Arielle!” Luhan’s chipper voice calls from a far.

I look over to my right and see him running toward me.

“You came!” He smiles, hugging me tightly and giving me a quick peck on the lips.

“Of course, I wouldn’t miss your game for anything!” I assure him.

Mmmhmmm look at those thighs in those shorts. Dayumn I am one lucky girl.

“EHEM” My dad ‘coughs’ next to me.

He extends his arm toward Luhan and shakes his hand.

“Luhan” He greets nodding his head.

“Oh s-sir, you came too?”

“Unwill-“ Before my dad can finish the word I stomp down on his foot.

“Be nice” I mouth at him.

My dad inhales and then attempts a smile.

“Of course”

Luhan grins at my dad (completely ignoring the fact that my dad couldn’t look less happy)

 

The coach calls all the players and I hug and kiss Luhan good luck. I make my way toward the seats with the best possible view of the field and my dad follows after me. The moment I sit down I regret it, just a few seats from me was Megan and she gave me this look that screamed: I AM GOING TO KILL YOU. Of course my dad did teach me some boxing moves and I could possible take her in a fight, but definitely not here and not now, I wouldn’t do anything to throw Luhan off of his game or embarrass him. Also I don’t want Megan’s ugly to get on me… okay she’s not really ugly, she’s actually really pretty, she kind of reminds me of a Barbie doll.

“What’s her problem?” My dad whispers, apparently he had noticed Megan glaring at me.

“Who knows” I shrug, turning my attention back to the game.

Luhan had now tossed a coin to see on which side of the field they were playing. I nervously sat and watched him as the game started. He was the team’s striker so basically them scoring depended on him. He is an excellent player, but the other team’s defence is brilliant and they are well known for playing dirty every now and then.

 

The moment Luhan scores his first goal, I jump up from my seat.

“THAT’S MY BOYFRIEND!” I cheer, clapping my hands.

A few people chuckled at my reaction and Megan rolled her eyes acting like she was about to throw up. As the match progressed my dad started cheering with me, shouting appraisals at every good move Luhan made.

 

Finally the match ends, our team winning against the other team. I run onto the field, tackle hugging Luhan.

“You were amazing!” I gush, kissing him on the lips.

“I have to admit you are good” My dad praises (while trying to look extremely bored)

Luhan smiles brightly at me, his mood rising even more thanks to my dad’s kind words. I never thought that having my dad’s acceptance would mean so much to him… maybe he really is more serious about me than I thought?

“I’ll quickly go shower and then I’ll meet you after?” Luhan asks.

I nod my head, my hand still holding his as he walks away. I always hate seeing him walking away from me… I know that I’ll see him again, but not having him with me hurts.

“You know we’re having a family barbeque today… maybe you should invite him?” My dad suggests.

Whaaat. Okay did my dad’s opinion of Luhan change just because Luhan is a good soccer player? Pssh, honestly I don’t get men. Which is sad, because apparently I don’t get men or women… am I genderless? Like mentally genderless? Is that a thing? I don’t think I should ever say this out loud, people might think I’m insane…

 

I wait for Luhan by the entrance to the field, now I just have to invite him to the family barbeque… and I should probably warn him on how nosy and mean my family can be… which is why I tend to be mean as well… not so much nosy, since well I couldn’t care less about people, which makes me sound like a sociopath… Once again I should REALLY go see a therapist. But I don’t like therapists… so I guess ‘fake it ‘till you make it’ right?

“Hey!” Luhan smiles, as he hugs me tightly.

“Hi~” I reply, my brain freezing.

Maybe inviting him to a family thing would be too serious, what if he doesn’t want to go… this is too soon, I shouldn’t invite him…

“Hey son, would you like to join us for a family barbeque?” My dad calls from the car.

He probably remembered that I’m a spineless coward and took the initiative to invite Luhan himself. Luhan looks back at me, a huge grin on his face.

“Does your dad like me?”

“I told you that he would” I giggle, pecking him on the cheek.