004

Conceal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOUR POV

The next morning went by like a blur. I woke up, unclear of where I was and what exactly happened for a second, before remembering the events that happened yesterday. It had only been a day but it felt like many had already passed. Getting out of bed, I saw Eunhae getting ready, tying up her hair into a neat bun.

"Get ready, today's going to be a tough day." Eunhae sighed.

Dragging myself to the bathroom, I cringed at the thought of how tough the day is just going to be when my life is already tough enough.

NARRATOR POV

The bell for lunch finally went off and you could not wait to grab a lunch set. You were famished. Lessons were torturingly long but you had to admit that it was rather interesting learning about the different type of powers that others have. Some even you’ve not heard before. It seems like the Hunters indeed know alot.

You thanked the lunch lady for handing you the lunch set and found an empty table to yourself. Eunhae had lessons so you will just have to eat by yourself. It wasn't like you mind either. Just as you were about to take a spoonful of rice, a loud plop sound settled in front of you. Looking up, you stared at the person in front of you blankly.

"Remember me, I'm Lee Sungyeol! Why don't you come and sit with us over there? It's lonely here isn't it?" flashing you a wide grin, Sungyeol tried to tempt you.

"Uh, I'm perfectly fine over here. Why don't you just go back and eat your stuff." You rolled your eyes at him and began eating your food without a care for him.

"Well then…I guess I'm just gonna stay here with you! Here, I'll take this!" Reaching out his hand for your apple, you were not quick enough to stop him. He took the apple and took a big bite before giving you a satisfied smile. You could not seem to shoo him off, so you decided to just leave him be.

"On the other hand, you do know that Woohyun seems to see something in you. Look. He's been glancing at you every now and then."

You looked up just in time to meet Woohyun's gaze. Both of you held each other's gaze before you broke the eye contact first. There was a certain attraction you feel towards him. It's undeniable.

"Just a question, but what's his problem with me?" You look up intently at Sungyeol asking curiously. Sungyeol did not say anything but slip a small note across the table with initials W.H. before continuing to eat his apple.

 

YOUR POV

"Now, this is going to be a skill test to see each of you guys competency level. Girls and guys separate. There is altogether 3 stages that each of you have to go through. Be alert at all times. At the end of test, all of you will be ranked accordingly. If you fail at any stage, you'll die so survive the stages. Good luck. Guys first." Instructor Geonam's voice boomed over the loudspeaker as he relates the instructions. 

The guys begin to shuffle to their respective areas waiting for their turn. The girls on the other hand, huddled and settle in the room, watching the ongoing test for the guys.

I sat beside Eunhae, watching the screen intently. It was unsettling,watching the guys fight to get out each stage. First would be the test for physical f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter