Peulangseu

Saranghae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I rolled again in bed. I frowned, frustrated. I could not sleep and my husband's snores were driving me mad.

 

I opened my eyes and gave up. I crept out of bed, grabbed my cell phone from the bedside table and went to the kitchen. I poured some wine into a glass, moistened my lips with it and then passed my tongue over them. Delicious.

 

I walked quietly through the house to my children's room. I opened the door a crack and peeked. Both were sleeping peacefully, a smile spread across my lips before closing. I walked up to the terrace, it was a little cool but I did not want to return to the room to get a jacket.

 

I sat on the wooden chair where it was already usual for me to sit down at night. I had three days without any sleep and dark circles were already beginning to be seen even under makeup. Three days was also the time I had without knowing anything about her.

 

I took another drink and looked at the sky. 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 and 27. That was the number of stars that could be seen from here. Very few.

 

I sighed as I played with my phone in my right hand. I had decided not to call her hoping that she would do it, what had happened remained unclear to me, I did not understand her reaction and now the fact that her didn't contacted me me yet at least for... I do not even know for what. In fact, it was normal that she didn't do it.

 

I unlocked my phone and the light blinded my eyes. I lowered the intensity of the display backlight and dialed her number, but didn't call her yet. A dejavu feeling came to my mind.

 

This is how all began.

 

I steeled myself and hit the call button. I took the phone to my ear and waited.

 

"The number you are calling is switched off or out of range, try again later"

 

I grunted and hung up. I leaned back in the chair and began to sway. Switched off? Chaerin was not the kind of person who turned off the phone, maybe she put it in silent at night but not turn it off. What could have happened? I checked the number in case I had marked it bad but it was correct. I tried again. Again the same voice message. I clicked my tongue and left the phone on the small table beside me. My eyes opened wide when an idea came to my mind...

 

No... it could not be so... Could it?

 

 

 

 

 

"Dara?" Bom's voice made me stand up. I took more than an hour waiting sitting on her entrance gate. I had gone to her home with the hope that she was there but when I called no one answered the intercom. In the end I decided to wait no matter how long she took to arrive there. "What are you doing here? Why did not you tell me you were coming? I would have tried to come faster"

 

"I... can we talk?" I looked into her eyes and she understood me. Among Bom and I words were not necessary. She opened the gate and we both went inside, all the way to her apartment passed in silence, but it was not an uncomfortable silence. Bom knew when it was best to talk and when not.

 

"Tea or coffee?" She said as she entered her apartment.

 

"Tea is fine"

 

"Black I guess" I nodded. That was my favorite and she knew it. After about 3 or 4 minutes she came back with two cups of tea, one for her and one for me. He sat on the couch beside me and waited.

 

"He has done it again" I finally said. Her eyes opened wide.

 

"You mean...?" I nodded. She frowned and sighed, looking away. "Are you absolutely sure?" She looked at me and I nodded again.

 

"The other day when I came home... That smell... It was everywhere" My gaze was lost in the bottom of the cup of tea, remembering. I looked up and saw that Bom was doing the same, except that her hands were clutching the cup tightly. If she continued like that it would break soon.

 

"That bastard..." She hissed and then looked at me. "But I know you didn't come just to tell me that, right?" I gazed away and bit my lip. Bom was impossible to cheat. "What's really bothering you is something else... Am I wrong?" She added. I sighed deeply and closed my eyes.

 

"Do you remember Chaerin?"

 

"Your friend?" She took a sip of tea "You didn't talk about her for years" Bom was one of the few people to whom I spoke about Chaerin, she was in fact the only one that I spoke about her, in addition to my husband, but she still knew nothing of what had happened between her and me.

 

"She moved to France"

 

"Really? Why didn't you tell me?"

 

"I didn't know it" She raised an eyebrow. "A few days ago... I saw her again. I met with her to have lunch and after that we saw each other a couple of times more. She'ss a famous designer in Paris, she's here for the Fashion Week... She was" I corrected.

 

"Get to the point" She said seriously. I swallowed. It was time to tell her, I needed help... I needed her advice.

 

"I... Chaerin and I... We..."

 

"Are you lovers?" I did not know how but I started to cough, choking on my own saliva. Bom just looked at me, smiling triumphantly. When I got to ease my cough I looked at her with wide eyes.

 

"Did you know it?" I asked, almost shouting.

 

"Knowledge is a certainty... Let's say that I rather sensed it. People don't disappear with the waitress in a strip club for almost half an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter