Bien sûr

Saranghae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I headed towards the gate pulling my suitcase. It was too heavy even though it was only hand luggage, the rest of it was checked in a couple of hours earlier. I spent my life traveling from airport to airport to attend dozens of fashion shows every year, but I still didn't got used to the endless waiting for international flights.

 

Luckily this time François was with me. With him time passed faster, with him my cheeks always ended up hurting from laughing so much. Only he knew how to distract me from the things that made me feel bad, like the images of what happened with Dara during the after party of the last show.

 

Since that day I had been unable to sleep without waking because of a dream or a nightmare. Not all were about Dara, in fact few were directly related to her, but indirectly they did. It was not the first time that it happened to me, nor would be the last. When I get stressed I start dreaming weird stuff that don't let me rest well, I wake up more tired than when I go to bed and fall asleep almost anywhere, waking up startled soon after because of another dream.

 

We arrived at the gate and waited behind everyone who was already in line. "I told you we shouldn't have stopped to take that coffee, bussiness class have already entered"

 

"What's the matter? We paid, right? We still have more right than them" He said pointing to people who were ahead of us "Excuse me! Excuse me!" He started screaming as he pushed away that people to reach the door.

 

"Miane. Miane" I apologized behind him, embarrassed. Sometimes I'd like to turn around and pretend not to know him.

 

"Excuse me" He told one of the workers who was checking the tickets of the passengers. "We're in Business Class" He said showing our tickets. The woman looked at him and then at us both.

 

"The Bussiness Class entered 10 minutes ago, you should have been here" She answered in English, frowning.

 

"I know, I'm sorry, we had some problems and we were delayed a little" I replied in Korean. That made fade away the expression of anger on her face and she sighed, nodding.

 

"Okay, passport please" She said extending her hand.

 

"What have you told her to change her mind?" Asked François in French.

 

"Just that we're late, but after dealing with dozens of airport workers I discovered that they tend to be more friendly when you speak to them in their native language"

 

"Isn't that not a kind of racism?" I laughed.

 

"I don't think you can be racist with a language, rather I say that one is always more willing to help a fellow"

 

"You can pass" the woman said after seeing that everything was in order. Just before I got inside I heard a commotion behind me.

 

"Chaerin!!" I turned not only by the screams, but because I had heard my name. My name? Perhaps I had just misheard a word in another language. My eyes searched for where the sound was coming from and what I saw made me drop the suitcase on the floor. "Chaerin!"

 

"Dara..." I whispered. I could not believe what I was seeing. Dara was struggling with two cops trying to get to the gate "!" I ran at full speed toward her. The polices were trying to lay her down on the floor but she struggled with a force I had never seen before. "Dara!!" I screamed. The police turned to look at me and then she took the opportunity to break loose and rush toward me.

 

Her lips on mine. Her arms around my neck. She pulled away from me and looked into my eyes, her eyes full of tears. "Don't go, please don't leave me" She whispered.

 

The silence around us was uncomfortable, I could see sideways the people looking at us. In a European airport people would had applauded and cheered, but this was Korea, and in this country homouality is not something that is well regarded in society.

 

I felt someone grabbing me and separating me from her. They also had caught Dara and immobilized her. "Let's go!" Shouted the police followed by a swift movement in which he handcuffed my hands behind my back and pushed me to make me walk. So did the other with Dara.

 

"What? No! I have to get on that plane!" I answered struggling.

 

"The two of youo are going to spend a nice honeymoon in prison for trespassing in the boarding area and have done this show" The police whispered in my ear. A shiver ran through my body...

 

 

 

 

 

I opened my eyes startled. I looked to my side, François was sleeping with his mouth open. I rubbed my eyes and took a deep breath, trying to calm me down. Weird dreams again, it was the third of this type that I had since we embarked on the plane to France. I looked at the screen indicating exactly where we were and the time left to arrive. Still two hours to land in Paris, but did not want to sleep. For what? To have the same dream again?

 

I sat up a little and straightened the seat to sit up straight. In the folding table in front of me they were still some sheets and pencils that I had been using just before falling asleep. I yawned and went back to draw the sketch I had left off. It was the design of a hip-hop jeans, recently I wanted to draw more comfortable clothes, feminine but at the same time masculine. Luckily when I started to design my mind was 100% focused on that and everything around me and all that worried me disappeared by that time. It was something really comforting.

 

 

 

 

I opened my door and the first thing I did was to throw the bags, I would pick them up later. Despite living in France I continued to maintain the Korean custom of leaving shoes at the entrance, so I took off my shoes and climbed to the second floor while removing my clothes and dropping them no matter where. I needed a shower to relax, the trip had been long.

 

I opened the tap and waited a few seconds for it to warm up. I went underwater, looking up for the drops to hit my face. Home at last, finally back to my old life, quiet... Or even quieter as my ex would not be hanging around my house anymore, really I did not regret what I had done.

 

After about ten minutes in the shower and had soaped and rinsed my body I got out of there without bothering to use a towel. I was in my house, no one had to tell me what to do or how to do it, I hadn't had to follow anyone's standards, because at home I put my own rules.

 

I left a trail of footprints on the carpet on my way from the bathroom to my room. My house was not very big, down there was a large

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter