Gansahamnida

Saranghae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

I still hadn't even recovered my normal breathing and she was already hugging me. Please, give me a ing break... "I'm going to shower" I said as I undid her embrace and got up from the bed.

 

"Can't you wait five minutes?" Her voice sounded annoyed, and it's not need to tell why. Nobody likes that your partner is going to shower right after finishing... But today I was in no mood for cuddles and hugs. Today I was in no mood for anything.

 

I ignored her and walked to the bathroom. I the shower and waited for it to heat up. Normally it would heat up and as I undressed, but... I was already . I stuck my head under the hot water. God, I needed this... I needed to clear my ideas.

 

 

*

 

 

She was pretending, I know what she was doing, does she think I'm stupid enough to believe it? "Can we go now? My head is about to explode" I scoffed mentally. All she wanted was to keep her husband away from me. Does she think I was going to tell him something? Does she really think I'm capable of doing that?

 

I speeded more my bike. I could be minding my own business, but I didn't distract from the road for a second. A mistake at that speed could be fatal, and I was unwilling to go back to the hospital for the same reason.

 

I went to a nearby park that was in the middle of town. I needed to be alone. When I lived in Seoul I used to go to the outskirts of town to clear my head, a clearing in the woods with beautiful city views, and a perfect view of the night sky. But this time I couldn't go... Well, not really wanted to go. First because it takes a long time to arrive and I had to meet with my girlfriend in a couple of hours, and secondly... I doubt that site comfort me after what happened there... There is where I found out that Dara was going to marry.

 

I parked the bike at the park entrance and started walking. There was a small artificial lake, a dozen ducks and hundreds of children running around, even some parents were also running after these children, as if for being 3 steps away from them they were to die by spontaneous combustion or something. I lay in the shade of a tree, putting my head on my hands to look at the sky through the green leaves. I closed my eyes and all I could see was Dara. Dara smiling shyly, Dara eating her combo plate 6, Dara blushing when I said that she hasn't changed a bit, Dara kissing that idiot... I opened my eyes and snorted. If I had known that I would see him I wouldn't have offered her to ride my bike, let alone after she grabbed hold of me like that. I don't know how we didn't crash, all I could think at that moment was her s on my back and her hands on my waist...

 

The only reason I did that was because I wanted to see her children, know them, know how they were and if they look like her... At the time I was in France I didn't stop wondering if she had children. Each passing year I convinced myself that it was likely that yes, she would had, but still, deep inside me, I was hoping that would not happen, even hoping that she no longer was married with with that idiot... not because I want her back, I'm not stupid, but because I wanted her to be repentant, I wanted her to suffer the same as I suffered, I wanted her marriage be a disaster and she crawling behind me like a filthy worm, and then being able to laugh at her and send her to like she did. Maybe now I have talked to her amiably as if nothing had happened, but that was just a front. I hate her. I hate Dara as I never hated anyone in my life... If anyone ever tells you that it's impossible to hate a person you love, don't believe it, because I assure you it is possible.

 

And even above, to crown this "perfect" day, they didn't sell that pie which I loved Donny's...

 



*

 

 

I turned off the tap and left. I believed that a good shower would reassure me but all it has done is confuse me further and bring back to my mind the hatred that I had accumulated throughout the afternoon. The dinner with my girlfriend had gone well, and even better , thoughts about Dara hadn't bothered me in all that time, but once finished they came back to beat me with twice the force. Tomorrow I would have to see her, not only her, but also would have to see her idiot husband and her two children... Well, her kids don't really bother me, just the father. I didn't want to see her again, I wanted to continue my life as it was before. True, her memory still haunted me... But slowly I was feeling it more and more distant, from being a scream to a mere whisper...

 

Yet, despite everything, I won't lie you...

 

I was looking forward to see her again

 

 

 

 

 

 

I wiped my sweaty palms on my pants before calling the intercom. I took a deep breath and let out a sigh. Why was I so nervous? It's not like a date, in fact it was the least similar to date that may exist. Dara, her husband, and me... Incredible triangle. Well, and the Dara's sons. At least with them it would not be so uncomfortable.

 

They opened the doorway without asking who it was, I guess they might see me on camera. I walked in and headed to the elevator. While waiting I looked around. It was a wide porch, the door was clear glass inside but outside it looked like a mirror. The floor and walls were gray and white marble respectively, while the roof was simple plaster. A couple of plants adorned near the door and at the bottom were the stairs were that I wasn't going to use. Before I can reach the floor where they live I'd die of exhaustion.

 

The elevator opened and I entered, marking the number where I want to go. One of those annoying lift songs was heard. Who would think that bull? Did he think that playing music would make less uncomfortable going with a stranger in the elevator? That the so absurd conversations about how much it rains or how hot it is would be avoided?

 

The Ding! indicating that it had already reached the destination floor rang and the doors opened. More white and gray marble. It was definitely an expensive building, too expensive for the salary that she may have in her work, so I deduced that her husband earns money enough. To the left were from A to D, and to the right from F to I. I turned to the left and walked to the C. I dried my hands again on my pants before ringing. A smiling face opened the door, but it was not Dara nor her husband.

 

"Annyeong haseyo Chaerin noona" He said bowing.

 

"Annyeong haseyo Seho" I replied with a smile. He stepped aside to let me pass. I looked around. The entrance was simple but modern, minimalist yet stylish furniture. Sure they had hired an interior designer for this.

 

"Welcome to our home Chaerin" That deep voice snapped me out of my thoughts and made me feel new ones... much darker. I hated that man almost as much as I hated Dara, although it was not his fault. He knew nothing, not even suspected anything. "Let me get your coat" At least she had picked a gentleman. I gave him my coat and he put it on a hanger near the door, after which I was invited into the dining room. "Dara is trying to make Haru sleep. I'm going to finish preparing dinner. Do you mind?"

 

"No, not at all, don't worry" I feigned a smile. Of course I don't mind, the further you are from me, better. I started pacing around the room when he left. The same minimalist style. No doubt they had hired a decorator. The table was ready. Three dishes. Only three? I was very naive to believe that any of their children whould have dinner with us, it's too late for a child. I looked back at the dining room door. Seho stood there, without taking his eyes off me, like when I had first seen him before Dara introduced us.

 

"Appa was angry with Omma for letting me ride your bike" He said suddenly still with his eyes on me. How can an 8 year old make me feel intimidated?.

 

"For real? Why?"

 

"Appa doesn't like bikes" He finally stopped looking at me and walked to the couch that was a few steps from the table, sitting down. I walked there too. "He says they are unsafe" I sat next to her.

 

"Did it seem insecure for you?" He shook his head "Then it's because it's not"

 

"But Appa says it is" I rolled my eyes and sighed. You think that everything your father says is real? You'll get a first disappointment when you discover that Santa Claus doesn't exist... And to this will continue a few more, I have no doubt about that.

 

"Well, that's because he has never rode one..." I said trying not to lose my temper. I love kids, but at that time my patience was limited. A dog, when it's in a relaxed atmosphere is often friendly and quiet, but on the contrary, if it's in a hostile environment won't hesitate to bite if it feels threatened. I am that dog.

 

"Do you like video games?" I was surprised by his abrupt change of subject, partly because I didn't expect it and partly because... He reminded me of myself.

 

"Yea, though I don't have much time to play"

 

"Play Station or Xbox?" I squinted. Where he wanted to go with these questions?

 

"I have PS4 in France" His eyes widened, like the wizards in Harry Potter would do when someone says Voldemort's name.

 

"4? Aigooo, I have PS3... Omma and Appa don't want to buy it" A little silence. So they refused to buy the Play Station 4... Seeing how his house was, they had enough money to buy it, maybe they didn't want to spoil him too. They didn't want him to become a whimsical person, like her mother was years ago...

 

 

*

 

 

"You're a capricious brat"

 

"I'm not capricious! Just..."

 

"They gave you what you asked, right?"

 

"Yes, but..." I rolled my eyes. She had half an hour complaining because her parents had given her for her birthday a computer without enough power to charge that stupid game she was waiting for so long to play. The Sims, think it was ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter