Miane (I)

Saranghae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was supposed that this chapter and the previous one had to be together, but as I was already taking too long to update and this may also be related to the following (in fact they will have the same tittle) I decided to split it in two.

Also, I wanna clarify something just in case you didn't realize yet. 
When in a dialogue the words are in italics it means they are talking in other language that it is NOT Korean, so in this chapter it means they are talking in english (in other chaps it can also mean they are talking in French).
It is a little bit more difficult than in Spanish version, since in Spanish I can differenciate when they are talking in english since the rest of the dialogue is in Spanish hahahahha

So that's all, this is from the point of view of Dara again. Enjoy!!

 

 

"I need you to cover me"

 

...

 

"Don't ask, I promise I'll tell you later but for now I need you to cover for me tonight"

 

...

 

"If my husband calls just tell him I'm sleeping at yours"

 

...

 

"I told you I'll tell you later"

 

 

"Thanks Bom, I owe you one" I hung up the phone and took a deep breath. I looked myself in the mirror, first one side and then the other. I put on the lipstick and looked at the mirror again. I finished the eyeliner. I looked once more. Now the eyelashes. My hands were sweating. Why was I so nervous? I looked at the clock, I have to leave now or I would arrive late..

 

"I'm leaving!" I warned before opening the door, not very loud to not wake our children, who were asleep.

 

"Wow... You're even more beautiful than the other day" His deep voice turned my stomach. Since the incident after Chaerin brought me home nothing was the same between us, at least on my part, because he was behaving in the same way as if nothing happened. But the smell was still embedded in my nostrils, reminding what had happened every second. He had never done physical damage to me before. Never. "I thought that dress didn't fit you" He said as soon as he saw what I was wearing.

 

"I thought so too, perhaps I had lost some weight" I lied, putting on a fake smile, "I must go now, Bom is waiting for me" I lied again. "I don't have my phone charged, if you want to something call her" Third Lie "See you tomorrow, I love you" Fourth, with kiss included. I opened the door and got out before he could say anything else. What I was doing was wrong, but I did not feel guilty at all.

 

I had 10 years without wearing this dress, but this time was worth it. The black dress Chaerin had designed for me. It still fitted me perfectly, maybe a little tight as I had won a couple of kilos since I know her, in part for having gone through two pregnancy, though, modesty aside, it was hardly noticeable.

 

The taxi was waiting in the street. I looked at the message where Chaerin had sent me the address of the place and I told it to the driver. 25 minutes later I was already there. I got out and went to the back door. I could not let anyone see me, some of those who were at the fashion show were from businesses related to my husband's, it was better to avoid them.

 

"Sandara Park" I said to the guy in the entrance. I had no identification, but Chaerin's message also said that all I had to do was give my name to the bouncer on the door.

 

"Take" The bouncer took a card from his pocket and handed it to me, 'VIP pass' was written on it. "CL is waiting at backstage" I was going to ask where I needed to go, but the large number of people that were coming pushed me inside. I walked in the same direction in which the people did, but saw nothing that indicated where I had to go.

 

In the distance I saw a western man who looked familiar. "E-excuse me... Backstage?" I asked in English. I was not an expert in that language, but neither was bad in it.

 

"Oh! That way sweetie" He pointed to a door. Just that three words were enough to realize he was gay... very gay. And also that he was French. I'm sure he was one of the designers who worked with Chaerin. "Who are you looking for?"

 

"Chae... CL"

 

"Oh... I see" And without another word he left. Why this sudden change? I went by the way he had indicated. I just had to show my VIP pass to enter. There were racks of clothes everywhere, it was a large, bright room.

 

Again I spotted her thanks her blond hair, although some of the models also were blonde. Maybe it was not the color of her hair that made me recognize her in the crowd, maybe it was that I had their features engraved with fire on my mind, and each time I looked at her it was as if no one else was around...

 

I blinked hard to get those thoughts out of my head and I approached her. She was talking to a Western man who looked very familiar too... Ah! I remembered, he was the other designer working with her. "Annyeong" I greeted as I approached them. She looked up at me, but soon her eyes fell again. She was looking at the dress, and although she tried to remain calm without showing any kind of feeling, I knew she was surprised. She looked at me and a small smile played on her lips, painted in an even more intense red than mines. It fit very well in contrast to her golden hair and tanned skin.

 

She stood up and his friend did the same "Annyeong" She answered "Ehmm..." She looked at his friend and then turned her eyes to me, "Dara, this is François, my partner at the firm for which I work and also my best friend. François, elle est..."

 

"Yes, I know..." He interrupted her "Dara, right?" He extended his hand to me "CL told me about you..." A shiver ran through my body, the way he was looking at me was... freezing. I gave him my hand and felt even colder. His penetrating gaze was starting to make me nervous.

 

"Nice to meet you" I answered almost in a whisper, but even though I said that, he would not answer the same way. It was obvious that he hated me, and rightly so, especially if Chaerin told him about me...

 

Although her intention was to do it secretly, I saw perfectly as she gave a stomp to his friend to make him stop staring me. My hands were sweating because of the nerves.

 

"Come, I'll show you how this all works" Saved by the bell. I sighed in relief and followed her as soon as she turned around, still realizing that the designer's look was still on me. I hurried over to walk closer to her, and obviously farther from him. "Here is where all the chaos happens" She said as we came to a room full of people running here and there. Models and makeup artists, and even the staff passed quickly in front of us. It was amazing how this disaster became into something as complicated and elaborate as a fashion show.

 

"Wow... I never imagined it this way. I always thought that everything was thought to millimeter" I said, more to myself than to her.

 

"And it is, but there are always last minute changes... Unforeseen" I looked at her and I could tell she was thoughtful. I would paid everything I had at that time to know what was on her mind. A few seconds later she emerged from her trance and said "Besides, this designer is like François. He has to review everything, down to the smallest detail"

 

"And you?" The other designers mattered little to me, all I wanted to know was about her. She had fulfilled her dream and I just wanted to know more about her life. How did she get so high in such a famous brand? What kind of clothes did she design? What she liked to design?

 

I already knew some of these things because she had told me years ago, before knowing that she was going to actually make her dream true. I wanted to know if it still remained the same.

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

I quietly approached her from behind and looked over her shoulder, she was drawing something. A slender female figure was finished and she was putting clothes over it. I stared a while longer until...

 

"Buuu!"

 

"Ahh!" She shouted, throwing her chair back slightly and turning to look at me " Dara! Don't ever do that again! Look what you've done..." She took an eraser to remove the excess pencil she had painted when she got scared. I just laughed and hugged her from behind, kissing her on the cheek. "Stupid... come here" She whispered and grabbed my arm to make me sit on her lap.

 

"What were you drawing?" I asked curiously.

 

"Just some sketches... Nothing important" I lifted the sheet and I was surprised to see more designs below, each more beautiful than the other.

 

"Nothing important? Chae, the clothes are beautiful!" I said, still staring drawing after drawing. "I have an idea, I ask my parents for money and we open a workshop of clothes, what do you think?" I joked.

 

"Sure, go to your parents and ask money for a friend with who, by the way, you have often. Perhaps they will give it to you... Or maybe they will disown you forever" She scoffed, but I could see a tone of resentment in her voice.

 

"What do you like to design?" I asked to change the subject.

 

"Anything... Although streetwear clothing style is the most fun, I like comfortable clothes. But I also like to design dresses... "

 

"Will you do one for me someday?"

 

She looked into my eyes and smiled "To you, I will do whatever you want... Even love"

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

A few days later she appeared with the black dress I was wearing at that moment.

 

"Nah... I am more the type of leaving it to chance, like Charles"

 

"Charles?"

 

"The other brand designer..." I saw her frown. I smiled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter