Annyeong

Saranghae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The wind hitting my face. The cold contracting my muscles. The speedometer reaching 200 km\h. I could hear the beating of my own heart, I could feel the tears falling from my eyes and quickly disappearing into the wind, adrenaline coursing through my veins. The road ended, I knew where I was heading. This was my end?

 

Instinctively I squeezed the brakes of the motorbike, so abruptly that the rear wheel was lifted off the ground. Approximately 3 meters left between my bike and the cliff. I couldn't do it, I wasn't able. Maybe she was not the only coward after all.

 

I got off the bike without bothering to hold it. A thud sounded as it fell, it was the second time in less than an hour that my bike fell but I didn't care. For the first time in my life I give a what happened to my bike.

 

I walked to the edge and breathed in everything my lungs allowed me, and then released it in a piercing cry, increased by the echo of the place. My knees buckled and I rested my hands on the grass. I could barely focus my eyes because of the tears that kept falling. I lay on my back still crying, I was sure my crying could be heard several feet away, but I didn't care, no one was there but me.

 

A melody rang in the silence of the night drowning my sobs. It was a melody of a mobile phone, but it was not mine... Or maybe...? Yes! It was my melody... but not the one I had at that time, in fact the song hadn't yet come to light when that happened...

 

 

*

 

 

I woke up startled. A dream, it had only been a dream. That dream again, or rather, that memory, the memory of what happened the night I found out she was going to get married. Why now? Why it tormented me after so long? Since I returned to Seoul I had the same dream almost every night. Was the city that reminded me of her? After all I had fled there to get away, to leave behind the pain that consumed me inside.

 

The tune kept ringing even though the dream had already ended. Now I realized, I hadn't dreamed it, the tune was really being played, but... Why? I always kept my mobile in silent and just today I had forgotten because of... I looked at my side. I better answer before she wake.

 

"Yaboseyo?"

 

I said with a deep voice, still sleepy. I hadn't even saw the number that was calling me. No one answered, but I knew someone was listening to me from the other side of the line. A gasp, as of surprise, sounded when I replied "Yaboseyo? Who is it?" I asked again. It was not a good time to call, but still less to make a phone joke.

 

"Ch-Chaerin?" A soft voice asked on the other side of the line. For some reason it was familiar. I found it odd that she asked for me by my birth name, people usually know me as CL.

 

"That's me. Who is it?" Again silence "Hello?" It was starting to bother me. Who the hell was she and what the hell wanted from me to call at this hour?

 

"I'm... Dara" I sat up in bed. My heart was pounding and my breathing had accelerated significantly. It wasn't possible. No, it couldn't be happening. It was impossible that it was her.

 

"Who's Dara?" I asked. Maybe I was rushing, after all there are more Daras in the world, right?

 

"Sand... Ssantoki" This time it was me who went silent. I could almost hear my own blood flowing through my veins at full speed. I held my breath unconsciously. There was no doubt it was her. But... Why now? Why after 10 years she called me in the middle of the night? Why she still had my phone number? I had deleted hers to avoid the temptation to call her, but apparently she had never had that temptation... No one dared to continue speaking, the tension was palpable in the room, so much that I could have cut it with scissors. I don't know if it was just a few seconds or several minutes that passed until she decided to break the ice. "Did I wake you?" Really? 10 years since we last met and all she can think to say is that? Obvious that she woke me, it's past midnight and she knows I'm not a person who likes to stay up late, the only time I did it was for special reasons or... for her.

 

 

*

 

 

"Chae" That scream brought me back to the real world. I opened my eyes but closed them again instantly "Chae!!" This time the shout was accompanied by a shaking. I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was a frown and a pair of eyes staring at me. Even angry she was ing beautiful.

 

"What's up?" Muttered confused. I still hadn't woken up at all.

 

"You were falling asleep again! You promised me you were going to see it with me!" She and her obsession with doramas. And the worst part wasn't that, but she wanted me to see it too. I hate doramas, but I love Dara. Conclusion: I had no choice but to see these absurd series that she loved so much. This time she wanted to see Lovers in Paris, a stupid romantic drama, set, as its title indicates, in Paris. The only thing that interested me about that drama was the Parisian atmosphere, the fashion capital, the city that I should visit at least once before I die... As Dara had told me it was one of the most watched series, which I didn't understand. A serie that can't make me stay awake is not worthy of my admiration, regardless the number of viewers that saw it.

 

"I know, I'm sorry... I'm just tired" I apologized putting my best puppy face. Dara's frown disappeared. Bingo! My aegyo never failed. "Do you forgive me?" A pout and a baby voice, that was the final touch to make her anger vanish completely. A smile appeared on her face and leaned in to kiss me, how could it be otherwise, on the mole. I returned the smile as she moved away from me and I put one of my arms on the back of the sofa. She took the hint and snuggled into my chest to keep watching the dorama. It was nearly 2 am. Normally at this time I'd already be making a pleasant and enjoyable visit to the world of dreams. What we do for love...

 

My attention was not a single second on the drama, in fact I wasn't even watching television. All that mattered to me at that time was much closer, at my side, resting comfortably on my chest. I didn't blink to not miss a detail. Everything she did, how she breathed, how she blinked, her expressions with each scene of the dorama... Whoever dares to say that perfection doesn't exist, allow me to crash a picture of Dara in his face.

 

I leaned my face closer to her, now to the lovely views was added a heady, sweet and cool smell. Only she smelled like that, a mixture of her perfume with the scent of her skin. My fingers tangled in her dark locks, as I saw her eyes narrow, she loved when I massaged her head, she was like a puppy who likes to be petted just behind the ear. I brushed the hair that covered her neck and leaned a bit to place small kisses on her nape. I smiled to notice how her skin prickle. I kissed her weakness, the place that she loved so much, that made her breathe hard and moan, as she moaned when I added my tongue to the kissing game. My hands moved uncontrollably down her body, under her shirt, over her toned abs, her inner thigh, pushing her bra to reach her .

 

If we finish the chapter? Yes, we saw it, but another day. That day she and I had much better things to do than watch a stupid dorama.

 

 

*

 

 

"No... I mean yes. More or less" I answered absurdly to her absurd question. The words came hastily, my brain couldn't process the information, let alone could develop an appropriate response.

 

"Oww... sorry" That awkward silence again. The body next to me moved and I remained frost, praying that she hadn't awakened. Luckily it didn't happen. "Today I saw you" She said with no reason, I reviewed in my mind all I did that day to try to figure out where she might have seen me. As if he'd read my mind replied "Near Donny's" Donny's was an American fast food restaurant we used to frequent often. The combo plate No. 6 was her favorite, she always asked the same. However I tried something different every day. Then we asked for the dessert, a cake that was great, can't remember its name. All I remember is that she never finished hers and I always had to eat mine and half of hers. I , told her she had to eat more to not be too thin, or I would cheat on her with woman with more curves. She was angry, and the worst is that she really got angry. Although I jokingly told her, she took it seriously, she was afraid I could leave her... Ironic, isn't it? "I haven't greeted you because I had to go to work... I was late" She kept saying, or rather apologizing, as if she owed me an apology. If I had seen her I wouldn't have greeted, much less had called her...

 

"I didn't saw you" Was all I could think to say, really? You're a real idiot Chaerin...

 

"Just wondering if... I don't know... We could met... I mean, to talk... after 10 years I think we both have a lot to say" Really? Talk? It was a joke right? Sure Dara, I have many things to tell you about these 10 years, for example I haven't yet managed to forget your smile, or I haven't yet managed to forget the feeling of your lips on mine, and I haven't managed to avoid feeling your breath on my neck every time I go to sleep, except that now it's someone else who's sleeping next to me...

 

"Sure" What? At what point my brain has given the order to accept her proposal?

 

"We can go eat at Donny's... if you want, if you don't want we can go... somewhere else... you choose" Just as insecure as before, 10 years later and still couldn't make a decision for herself.

 

"Yeah, okay... At 1?"

 

"Yeah! Sure... Ummm... See you tomorrow"

 

"See you" The Click! indicating the end of the call rang. I was still with the phone to my ear. What the hell just happened? That was the weirdest phone call of my life, even more than the time I had phone with... Nothing, better forget it.

 

The body next to me moved again, this time more than before "CL? Avec qui vous parliez?" One sweet but husky asleep voice sounded in the darkness of the room.

 

"Shhh... Keep sleeping" I lay down beside her again. She had her back to me. I hugged her from behind and gave her a kiss on the cheek, burying my face in her neck, inhaling her scent. I ran my nose across her skin, caressing, placing small kisses behind and below her ear.

 

"Who was that?" Her insistence had no limits, not even half asleep. Didn't know her long, but enough to know she was a jealous, very jealous person. Too jealous.

 

"It was... an old friend. She wanted to go to eat and chat tomorrow"

 

"Sure it's just an old friend?" I laughed and gave her another kiss on the cheek, squeezing my arms around her tighter. Here came her jealous rages again.

 

"Oui ma chérie, just a friend" I don't know if she believed me or being sleepy kept her from continue discussing, whatever it was I'm thankful she didn't continue asking questions, if this had happened in another time when she was aware, the tantrum and interrogation would be inevitable.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter