CH. 1

Prince Academy

Dong Hae walked into the classroom, Eun Hyuk following closely behind him. As he sat down, Eun Hyuk came up behind him. “Dong Hae-ah,” he whispered. “What’s wrong?”

 

He shook his head, smiling weakly. He placed a light kiss on Eun Hyuk’s lips and said, “Nothing’s wrong, Hyukkie.”

 

Eun Hyuk sat down angrily but kept silent. Dong Hae exhaled breathily as a boy with straight, soft black hair that framed his neck and face sat down next to him. Reading glasses were perched on his nose, his vigilant brown eyes glaring at Dong Hae. The students swore that the teachers were stupid to put Dong Hae, a prince from KoLee, and Ki Bum, a prince of KoKim, next to each other in every single class.

 

KoKim and KoLee were the two most powerful kingdoms that attended the Prince Academy, and they were also rivals. The princes of KoLee were Dong Hae, Eun Hyuk—Dong Hae’s lover—and Sung Min—the pink lover. Along with the three princes of the three provinces of KoLee, Si Won of KoChoi, Lee Teuk of KoPark, and Kyu Hyun of KoCho were allied with KoLee. They were under the larger kingdom’s protection.

 

In KoKim, the princes were Hee Chul, Ryeo Wook, Kang In, Ki Bum, and Ye Sung. Along for their alliance was Han Geng of KoTan. KoTan was KoKim’s only alliance, but they were powerful. Ryeo Wook and Ye Sung were the lovebirds in KoKim.

 

Neutral was Shin Dong from KoShin, Zhou Mi from KoChin, and Henry from KoChinAda. KoShin was a neutral kingdom with no alliances, but was still extremely rich and powerful. KoChinAda was an annex to KoChin but was a separate kingdom. None of these kingdoms were require to take sides in conflicts.

 

Prince Academy was a school that only these specific princes could attend. Sometimes some other princes from other kingdoms in a different region came to study, like Zhou Miand Henry. They always came and went. They usually only stayed for one semester.

Suddenly, the principal of the school barged into the noisy classroom. There was always the Kim side, the Lee side, and the neutral corner. There was an actual division in the class. And the teachers had made that deliberate. "Yah! Everyone, get to your seats!" the principal yelled. "There's a new change in the dorms. You're all getting different roommates. And mind you, I didn't make up the list! Your parents did."

Everyone was silent.

The principal continued, "Do you guys want me to read it out loud or write it on the board?"

"Just read it!" everyone shouted.

"How about we play a game to see who’s going to be rooming together?" He smirked.

Everyone groaned. "Fine, fine," he said. "Hee Chul and Han Geng; Henry and Zhou Mi; Sung Min and Ryeo Wook; Kyu Hyun and Ye Sung; Si Won and Eun Hyuk; Kang In and Lee Teuk; Shin Dong is rooming by himself; and Ki Bum and Dong Hae."

Everyone gulped, completely forgetting to yell because Shin Dong got his own room. Ki Bum and Dong Hae?? Sleeping and living in the same room?

Suddenly, Hee Chul broke the silence and shouted shakily, as he remembered, "Yah! Why does Shin Dong get his own room?"

"What? Don't you want to room with me?!" Han Geng shouted.

Hee Chul seemed surprised at the outburst and stuttered, "Han Geng! Of course I want to room with you!"

"Doesn't seem like it," he said angrily, then stormed out of the classroom. Hee Chul sighed as he followed Han Geng out. Everyone was shocked. They’d been really close friends since forever. It was rare to see them randomly argue like they just did.

 

"Like I said before," the principal said, "your parents made up the pairings."

"What do they hope to accomplish by putting the princes of KoKim and KoLee together in the same dorm?? Huh?" Dong Hae shouted.

"How am I supposed to know?" he said nonchalantly. "I'm only the principal." and then he left the room and there was silence except for Kyu Hyun's PSP emitting shooting noises.

 

After classes ended, everyone packed their things to move to their new dorms. Sung Min and Dong Hae left their dorms easily enough. Ryeo Wook and Ye Sung wouldn’t stop bawling. Hee Chul and Han Geng were solemn and then slowly returning back to loud and rambunctious. Si Won and Lee Teuk just hugged each other and went their separate ways. Kyu Hyun was complaining and Shin Dong was trying to zone him out. Henry, Zhou Mi, and Kang In didn’t fuss. Ki Bum was just quiet.

 

When Ki Bum got into his new dorm room, Dong Hae was already unpacked and lying on the bed he’d chosen, staring at the ceiling and listening to music. He’d chosen the bed that was stationed on the second story of the room. Dong Hae didn’t look at Ki Bum even once, as he began to unpack.

 

As Ki Bum settled into his bed finally, he heard Dong Hae turn in his bed. “Yah, Ki Bum!” he said. Ki Bum looked up slowly from his book. Dong Hae was hanging off half the railing, trying to get Ki Bum’s attention.

 

“What?” Ki Bum said sourly, wanting to get back to his book.

 

“Can I ask you something? Honestly, and you’ll answer back without any bitterness or anything. Just… honesty…”

 

Ki Bum closed his book and sat upright. This sounded interesting. Not just because he wanted to know Dong Hae’s question, but Dong Hae had never spoken to him in that tone before—confused, lost, soft, caring, nearly all things that enemies shouldn’t have for each other.

 

“Sure,” Ki Bum said. “What is it?”

 

Dong Hae scratched the back of his head nervously and said…

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N: hahaha~~ I’m EVIL~! I just left it as a really big cliff hanger, neh? XD What’s Dong Hae gonna say? O.o haha~ You’ll just have to wait until Ch. 2~! Kekeke~ I’m sorry for the cliff hanger. I know it’s gonna bother everyone~ XD Btw, “Ko” = shortened version of “Kingdom Of” I was too lazy to write that out a million times so I shorten it and just added the surnames of the characters, as you can see. ^^ Only Zhou Mi’s kingdom is China instead, because truthfully, I don’t know what his last name is XD and Henry is KoChinAda because he’s Chinese and from Canada. ^^ It’s sounded good to me XD