RMB - 12

The Rivals meet the Best Friends

Jonghyun had been somewhat surprised by Minsoo’s invitation to dinner. He have known Minsoo since their family was neighbours before his family transferred. Then they became friends when they meet again in TOP Academy because of Niel and Changhyun. But he had a feeling this invitation would have something to do with Niel, and he soon found he was right. Unlike Niel, Minhyun and himself, Minsoo was not the type to be subtle. After the pre-emptory exchanges, Minsoo had put the question to Jonghyun quite frankly: What had happened to Niel?

 

It had taken Jonghyun a few moments to contemplate how and what to tell Minsoo. Obviously he could not tell him exactly what had happened. There were several possible repercussions if he did, and he liked almost none of them. The only good possibility was that Minsoo might be spurred into action, convinced he had unwittingly broken Niel’s heart. The other possibilities Jonghyun could think of all ended with Minsoo making things worse by backing off, getting angry, or getting so worked up about it himself that he wouldn’t be able to do anything anyway. Minsoo had to think things through on his own. Jonghyun wasn’t going to tell him directly what Niel felt either. Let the man figure it out himself!

 

“I can’t tell you much,” Jonghyun said at last. “Let’s just say Niel found out something that really hurt him and it was hard for him to get over it.”

 

“I see,” said Minsoo. “Is that why you brought Minhyun to Seoul?”

 

“Mostly, yes. Niel needed more cheer and comfort than I could give him alone.”

 

“Why didn’t Niel tell Chanhee?”

 

“I think Niel just felt this was something he couldn’t really talk to Chanhee about though they were best of friends and business partners. It might have been better for him if Changhyun was around as well, but Changhyun in Japan now.”

Minsoo nodded slowly noticing a slight grinned on Jonghyun as he spoke the later. Yoo Changhyun had been Niel’s childhood friend since elementary school, and if there was anyone who knows Niel longer than Jonghyun and Minhyun, it was Changhyun though he was ayear younger than Niel they became best fo friends. But Changhyun was away at the moment, and nothing could be done about that. Minsoo have known Changhyun since Minsoo work on Yoo’s company. And as the Heir to the Yoo Company, Changhyun led their newly opened branch in Japan. It was likely that Niel had told him anyway – through e-mail or something – but he knew that for Niel, nothing beat actual companionship when he was upset.

 

“How is Niel now? Chanhee told me that he’s much better these days.”

 

“I should hope he is,” said Jonghyun. “Niel looks happier, at least. Minhyun’s been doing a marvellous job of helping keep his spirits up – Minhyun always been good at making Niel laugh.”

 

Jonghyun couldn’t have chosen his words better. He caught a flicker of something in Minsoo’s face. He allowed himself a small, sly smile. Bingo.

 

Later, on the phone with Minhyun, Jonghyun told him of what had transpired between him and Minsoo. Minhyun laughed. “I wonder if I should be pleased that I make such good ‘bait.’”

 

“You should be pleased you managed to make Niel a bit happier. The ‘bait’ thing is secondary. Minsoo merely just gave me a convenient opportunity to make use of the situation. And besides, this whole thing was partly your own idea, remember?” 

 

“With you, Jonghyun, it’s always ‘opportunities’ and ‘chances’ and ‘coincidences,’” said Minhyun. He still amazed that Jonghyun is the maknae of the three “You probably planned this from the moment you told me about Niel.”

 

“I learn from you, Min.”

 

“Actually, I think you had it in you all along, but if you insist that you learnt it from me, then this is a case of the pupil surpassing the teacher. Come to think of it, any idea what Niel has up his sleeve?”

 

“Niel?”

 

“Yeah. I have a feeling Niel’s going to do something to Byunghun... I just don’t know what. But I hope I’m there when he does it.”

 

“Honestly, I’ve no idea either. But whatever hidden card it is Niel’s going to play for revenged, it’s probably a good one. After all, Niel’s had two magnificent examples in us all this while.”

 

Jonghyun could practically see Minhyun’s grin on the other end of the line.

 

 

**************************************************************

 

Niel was not pleased. Not pleased at all. How he had ended up spending his lunch break with Chanhee, Minsoo and Byunghun, he didn’t know. Niel had invited Minsoo, yes. But that was because Niel had finally decided that he had gotten over his complicated emotions and would be able to see and talk to him normally again. Byunghun he had most certainly not invited. Byunghun seemed to have a habit of inviting himself to wherever Chanhee was. Why did Chanhee tell him where they were anyway?

 

Niel sipped at his drink, feeling quite or rather super annoyed.

 

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

A/N: here is another update I hope you like it though its kind of short.

Let's see what did Niel do to get revenge on Byunghun on the next chapter.

ThanKYU for reading and please leave a comment too..

-----> Chanhee's Eomma