Four

All Because a Cup of Coffee

"We'll be careful, okay Sehun? You just play nice with your babysitter, and we'll see you real soon!" Sehun's mother smiled, ruffling his hair as her son smirked back at her. "Now, I have to go, daddy's waiting for me in the car!"

"Okay, Mommy. But don't be long, otherwise you'll be too tired tomorrow, and we won't be able to play!" He warned. His mother offered up a small, warm-hearted chuckle before bowing to the babysitter and closing the front door behind her. "And be careful, mommy! I love you!!" Sehun shouted from the other side, his mother knocking on the door as if to say 'I-heard-you'.

Hours had passed since Sehun's parents had left, the young boy had fallen asleep on the couch in the arms of his sitter. Suddenly, he jumped awake at the loud knocking on their door. "Sehun, let me get the door, okay?" His sitter smiled, lifting him up and rushing toward the frantic knocking. She opened the door to find a Seoul Police officer, two wallets in hand. "Officer, can I help you?"

"Yes ma'am. Did you know Tan Seongjin and Go Eunbe?" The officer asked, looking at both identities to confirm their names.

"Yes sir. Why, did something happen?" The sitter worried, looking back at Sehun. "Sehun, why don't you head upstairs and get ready for bed while the police man and I talk?" Sehun nodded remorsely, knowing fairly well why the officer was knocking in his door.

"Ma'am, I'm sorry to inform you, but there's been an accident. It would seem that the car in which these two were in hydroplaned for a good three kilometers and crashed head-on into a protective wall. They were both killed instantly." He said sorrowfully. The sitter hung her head, a single tear sliding down her rosy cheek.

"Oh no...what will I tell Sehun...?"

"I already know.." Sehun called from the top of the stairs, tears welling in his eyes. "I told them to be careful...Why didn't they listen to me..?"

 

"Oh, I see..." Siwon said, casually wiping a tear from his eye. "So what happened then?"

"I went to the orphanage and never got adopted." Sehun shrugged, taking a large drink of his neighbour's coffee. "But I'm not too sad, mainly because-"

"Wait," Siwon interrupted. "You told your parents to be careful, an officer comes to your door and says they're dead, and you're not sad?!" He exclaims. "What the hell, Sehun?"

"If you'd let me finish before you open your mouth!" He snapped. "If it didn't happen, I may have never learned that keeping people too close is wrong. Why do you think I've never had a partner, Siwon?" He added, taking another drink. "Mmh, this is actually pretty good..." Siwon sighed heavily, annoyed at Sehun's changing the subject.

"What is it and where'd you get it?" He mumbled, rubbing his eyes.

"Hmm..." Sehun pondered, smelling his beverage before taking another drink. "Frappucino...with vanilla beans..white mocha syrup, and cinammon sugar dolce syrup...Cinammon roll Frappucino." He answered confidently. Sehun had always had a nose for coffe, but could never bring himself to try and brew anything. He'd thought it best to let the baristas in the city take care of that, and he'd just stick to the art. "But, I think I'll call it a Lady Frap." He smirked.

"Ugh, why is everything to you?!" Siwon groaned, punching Sehun in the shoulder. Sehun laughed and shrugged. "Is it because you can't draw a lady?"

"Probably."

"Is it necessary to do?"

"Yup."

"Why don't you get a model?"

"If a bothers me in movies, why would I look at a real one for hours?" Sehun announced. Siwon knew he was gay, but always insisted he get a model for his painting. Was it frustrating? Hell yes.

"Sorry, but sometimes you have to stand up to your fears rather than run away from them. It's like my old man tells me, it's better to-"

"I think it's time for you to sleep, Siwon..." Sehun sighed, setting his neighbour's mug in the sink and lifting himself up onto the island counter to sit.

"What, why?" Siwon asked. "I'm not tired..."

"No, but you are starting to get really boring..."

Hello everyone! A bit of a sad/funny chapter, but don't worry, the whole story's not going to be like this, just to give you a background on the characters. I'm pleased to announce that my vlogs will start on Friday/Saturday, if you'd like to follow for updates, I will post a link at the end of all this!

I'm so happy to see that you are all enjoying this story! See you in the next chapter!

Saranghae,

Marzie