Eighteen

All Because a Cup of Coffee

The light of a new day shone brightly, blanketing Sehun's home in a warm glow. "Ah, a perfect morning..." He smiled to himself before leaving his apartment.

"Sehun, do you realize that your rent is overdue by a month? If I don't get it soon-" Boah started as she stood.

"Oh, sorry about that. I'm collecting the money from my exhibit this afternoon, so you'll be the first I visit, okay? Bye!" Sehun cheered, a smile spread widely across his face.

Boah sat back down in awe, her eyes glued firmly to the door. "What has gotten into him?" I haven't seen him like this in years..."

 

Sehun laughed to himself as he took in the bright morning sun and the smell of freshly baked pastries. "Such an awesome morning..." He thought, waiting for the crosswalk sign to turn green. "I wonder if Luhan will be working today..." he mumbled, running across the street and into the coffee shop. "Good morning, Donghae!" He chimed.

Donghae smiled as he set down the chairs stacked on the tables. "Oh, good morning Sehun. What are you doing here? You know, we don't open for another ten minutes..." he added, a puzzling look contorting his face.

"I was wondering if Luhan was working today?" Sehun asked. "I don't have any exhibits or anything else to do today, so I was hoping I could just hang out here." He admitted.

Donghae smiled widely, a light chuckle eminating from his chest. "Yeah, he should be here soon." He nodded, wiping down a table in the corner and pulling out a chair. "This table is hardly ever used, so you can sit here, or if you want you can just chill in the employee lounge. There's a vending machine in there if you get hungry too." He smiled, walking back to the bar area and turning on the espresso machine. "So why are you so happy? Did you get some new exotic canvas made from one hundred percent angel's wings?" He joked.

Sehun laughed as he pulled out his sketchpad and a pencil, setting them down on the table before turning his attention to Donghae. "Funny, but no. I just had an awesome Valentine's Day-"

"Good Morning, Donghae!" Luhan called as he took off his black cashmere pullover and put on his vest and apron. "Sorry I'm running a bit late, my car wouldn't start so I had to walk-" he started, stopping and smiling widely when he spotted Sehun. "Sehun? Why are you here?" he asked, walking happily towards the painter and kissing him on the cheek. "I thought you had things to do today?"

"Honestly, the only thing I have to do is go by the museum and pick up my check for the exhibit, but that's not until lunchtime." He smiled, holding Luhan close to him. "So, I was hoping I could stay here with you today..?" He mumbled into Luhan's hair, swaying him back and forth as the slight perk in his voice made the statement sound more like a question. "Please...?"

Luhan chuckled as he leaned against Sehun's chest, the all-too-familiar smell of paint stinging his nostrils as he brushed his nose against the painter's dark denim jacket. "Of course you can, but do you think it's a good idea for you to stay out here? You know, at the table where you can hardly see anything?" He laughed.

Sehun looked back to the table, shrugging. "Well, I don't really want to be in your way," He started, "I'll just be doing some light sketching anyways. No big deal."

Luhan looked at Sehun with brigt brown doe eyes. "But Sehun..." he whimpered, lacing his fingers together with Sehun's and swinging them back and forth, rocking on his heels.

Sehun sighed and slightly melted, smirking at his lover. "Fine. Where do you want me to sit?" He asked.

"Yay!" Luhan cheered, pulling Sehun into a small room behing the bar area with a small couch, a desk, and a vending machine filled with various kinds of food. "Here's where we usually take our breaks. The code for the vending machine is two zero one eight. If you get really hungry, just remember that there are two very skilled cooks just beyond the door who would be more than happy to make you some food..."

Sehun grinned, tilting his head to the side as he focused solely on Luhan, the way his slim body looked in the pressed white button down and onyx silk vest really complimented the boy's milky white complexion, which seemed almost pseudorealistic. He sighed quietly, observing Luhan and Donghae in a friendly conversation and almost immediately his heart began to beat rapidly as he watched Luhan's youthful face twist into a light chuckle. "So beautiful..." Sehun thought, his own smile growing wider as Luhan covered his face with his hand.

"Well, I have to get ready for my shift." Luhan sighed, smiling at Sehun. "I'll come back here whenever I get the chance and check up on you, okay?...Sehun?" Luhan asked, studying Sehun's face for any signs of consciousness.

Sehun chuckled, pulling Luhan closer by the waist and brushing his lips across the barista's. "So sweet..." He whispered, looking deep into Luhan's eyes as he placed a light kiss on his lips. "I love you..."

Luhan smiled as he wrapped his arms around Sehun's neck, returning his kisses. "I love you too..." He whispered, running his fingers through the hair on the back of Sehun's neck. "I have to get ready for my shift now," Luahn sighed, leaning his forehead against Sehun's. "Will you be okay back here?"

Sehun nodded as he gently caressed Luhan's cheek with the back of his hand, his other fiding its way to Luhan's and interlacing their fingers. "I'll be fine." He assured, pecking the barista's lips with his own and releasing him. "I love you, Luhan." He smiled.

Luhan chuckled as he made his way out to the bar area. "I love you too, Sehun."

 

 

I have to say, I really like writing chapters like this, I like writing this story! Sorry I haven't been updating in a while, I had a huge family emergency, but I'm here now and I have to really bust out the chapters because here we go:

September 2nd, this story will go into Hiatus until spring of 2016, and I want to be on at least chapter twenty before so. Also, Sept. 2 is the day the first chapter of "The Assignment" is supposed to be up (the description is up now if you wanna chek it out), and is ALSO the day that I want to get my vlogs started! So yeah, there's gonna be a lot of stuff coming up soon!

 

Saranghae,

~Marzie♥

BEFORE I FORGET!! There will be a holiday-specific fanfiction coming up as well, the date is still to be determined because It's something I've been wanting to do for so long!! I won't give away anything other than that it's a Halloween fanfiction that will run throughout all of October! 

 

 

Saranghae,

~Marzie♥