Surprise!

Breakfast encounters

“Himchan hyung come on! We’re already late, Yongguk hyung told us that we had to make sure you were there.”

Junhong expressed his annoyance yet again, as he and Youngjae pulled him down the halls toward the music room. Jong up pushed gently from behind, far too gently for Youngjae at the moment.

Himchan hadn’t really said anything after Yongguk had left, and they had mistaken that for an agreement that he’d go. But as soon as they had stopped by his last class to be sure he’d go, they were surprised to find him staring at the front of the room. His teacher had been trying to get his attention but gave up as soon as he saw them standing by the door. Apparently Himchan hadn’t really moved or spoken since he’d sat down. With that said the teacher then left the room telling them to lock up when they were done.

They were left staring at each other for a minute before Youngjae sighed and went to shake Himchan. The elder hadn’t responded until Youngjae, annoyed, mentioned that Yongguk was probably waiting for them already. As soon as Yongguk’s name left Youngjae’s lips, Himchan’s eyes widened and he reached out grasping Youngjae’s arm and digging his nails in.

With some help from Jong up and Junhong, they managed to release Himchan’s grip, even if it wasn’t by much. They were also able to get Himchan out the door despite him acting like a child and refusing to leave the room.

Himchan also refused to be of any help walking to the music room. It had been ten minutes of Youngjae and Junhong dragging Himchan along while Jong up was far too nice and used almost no strength to help push Himchan.

“For goodness sakes! Jong up switch with me, I can push him along faster than what you’re doing!”

Youngjae had it. They weren’t that far away from the music room now, but at the rate that they were going, it would be almost another ten minutes. That and Himchan’s nails were still practically digging into his skin.

Himchan glared at Youngjae as if calling him a traitor and Jong up simply went to take his place a little surprised. Junhong said nothing, upset that they were already late; he had looked up to Yongguk since he’d met him and he didn’t want to let his hyung down.

“Don’t give me that look Himchan, you heard Yongguk. He even said that it was important which is why no matter what you do, we are going to make sure that you go.”

Jong up and Junhong watched as the two stared each other down, neither one giving in. Youngjae was determined to get Himchan to Yongguk, and they all knew that Himchan wanted to go. But for some reason he was suddenly, afraid to go. It took a few moments before Himchan finally sighed.

“Ok. I can tell when I’m outnumbered. I guess we’ll have to go and see what’s so important.”

Himchan began walking to the music room normally, as if he hadn’t been making it impossible for them just minutes ago. Junhong walked in front leading the way, Jong up smiled and walked beside Himchan offering encouraging words.

Youngjae stared for a moment. He assumed from what happened earlier, that Daehyun would be involved and he wasn’t sure if he wanted to see the other again after breakfast earlier. Almost choking, Daehyun calling him hot, the entire “D” word again; Daehyun would probably ask questions and he wasn’t exactly sure of the answers yet.

He took a deep breath and followed behind. Even though Himchan had been willing to go, and they had made progress, he was still sure that he’d try to back out at some point.

Just as Youngjae had guessed, only a few feet away from the door, Himchan stood straight before attempting to turn back. If Youngjae hadn’t been there then maybe Himchan would have been able to leave. But because he was he was quickly met with resistance as Youngjae pushed him back towards the room that Jong up and Junhong had already disappeared in.

“Himchan enough. You love surprises and I know that you’re curious about whatever Yongguk has planned. He already told you that he has a reason for why he’s been avoiding you, don’t you want to know what it is?”

“Of course I want to know what it is!”

Himchan snapped back at Youngjae before taking a deep breath and leaning against the wall opposite the music room. Youngjae had a feeling that Himchan was being honest and wouldn’t run so he joined him in staring at the door.

“So then why aren’t we going inside yet?”

Right now Himchan needed patience and seeing him so on edge, he knew he was going to have to be. Himchan closed his eyes for a moment before turning to look Youngjae in the eye.

“What if his reason is because he just doesn’t want to be around me anymore?”

Youngjae thought for a moment. There was so much sincerity and worry in Himchan’s eyes. Youngjae thought back to how Yongguk is around Himchan, even earlier he had so much patience with him. Despite scolding him slightly for playing matchmaker he still complimented him even more. Even calling Himchan childish seemed more as if he was teasing the other lightly. This left Youngjae with an even more important question than Himchan’s.

“Hyung, what is Yongguk to you?”

Himchan’s eyes widened and he stared at Youngjae for a second before beginning to squirm under the younger’s questioning gaze.

“He’s Yongguk of course, my best friend.”

Youngjae smiled at his hyung. He decided not to push, thinking that wasn’t his business.

“Well then hyung, don’t you think that you owe your best friend a chance to explain himself to you?”

Himchan bit his lip watching Youngjae, surprised that he wasn’t pressing the issue. He swallowed after realizing that he was right.

Youngjae then watched as Himchan stood up straight, getting himself ready to go inside of the music room. Just when Youngjae thought that he’d go in by himself, Himchan took one last look at him.

“Thank you, Youngjae. Now please go in and I’ll follow in a few minutes, I want to make Yongguk wait just a little longer.”

Youngjae raised an eyebrow at the older.

“Promise you won’t go running away hyung.”

“Of course I won’t. You’re right I should give him a chance to explain himself. But he made me wait weeks, what’s a few more minutes longer for him?”

Youngjae stared at Himchan trying to see if he was serious about not leaving. Despite sounding sure of himself, he still looked a little worried. But he also saw determination and curiousity so he shrugged it all off.

“Alright. But don’t take too long. If you don’t come in, in five minutes; then I will track you down and drag you in by your hair.”

Himchan looked at him, with a little bit of panic added in.

“You wouldn’t dare.”

“Curious to find out?”

They stared each other down a few minutes before Himchan sighed.

“Fine. Don’t worry I’ll be inside soon.”

Youngjae smiled.

“See you soon hyung”

He turned and walked inside innocently as if he hadn’t just threatened Himchan with one of the things he held most sacred.

 

“Youngjae hyung! Where’s Himchan hyung?”

Youngjae blinked at a very excited Junhong before glancing around the room and noticing Yongguk listening attentively, hands behind his back.

“He should be in, in just a few minutes. You know how he is.”

Junhong simply nodded as Jong up quietly gave him a bag of chips, which he quickly got started on. Youngjae took another look around the room noticing Jieun, Hyosung, and two other girls sitting off to the side talking.

He hesitated before walking to a corner that was currently occupied by another person.

“What are you doing?”

Daehyun jumped a little before turning to Youngjae surprised before offering a big smile.

“Youngjae you finally made it! Guess it’s almost time to start and just checking on a few things before the show.”

“Show?”

He raised one eyebrow watching as Daehyun squirmed just a bit before offering another dazzling smile.

“Yeah. You’ll see right now looks like it’s about to start.”

Youngjae watched his gaze as Himchan walked into the room looking around warily. Their eyes met and Youngjae could still see the smallest trace of nervousness. Without a word to Daehyun, he walked to stand close enough to Himchan for if he needed anything. Himchan offered him a weak smile before he turned to Yongguk with a stare of indifference.

“Well I’m here. What’s so important?”

Yongguk simply offered a gummy smile before pulling his arms forward. Youngjae watched as Himchan eyed the four roses before turning to Yongguk, annoyance seeping in his voice.

“What couldn’t even get a dozen roses for an apology?”

Yongguk only chuckled.

“I’m not apologizing Himchan. Not yet.”

 Himchan’s eyes narrowed and Youngjae and Jong up stared confused but not interrupting.

“Then why am I here Yongguk.”

“Himchan you rushed my surprise, it wasn’t supposed to be today. Think back as if it was a few weeks from now.”

Confused Youngjae watched Himchan’s face and was surprised when he suddenly seemed to realize something.

“Yongguk, you don’t mean it. You actually remember the day we met?”

“Of course I do, Channie. It was a very important day for me. Four years is a long time Himchan, but it’s still not long enough.”

Yongguk stepped closer until he was only inches away from Himchan and handed him the roses. Youngjae watched as Himchan looked to Yongguk still obviously surprised.

“I’m sorry Himchan, for taking this long. I think even if I had those few more weeks, I still wouldn’t really know how to word this. I’ve run it all through my head so many times for a while now, and I just couldn’t really wait any longer.”

Yongguk grabbed Himchan’s free hand and held it in his own as he stared into the other’s eyes.

“Himchan, I’ve never met anyone like you before, and even if I did I still wouldn’t give you up. You’ve been my best friend all of this while, but I’d really like for us to be more. I’m not really good with words so I’ve been planning a surprise for you. One’s not really finished yet, so we’ll start with that one. I really thought we’d have more time, so sorry that it’s short.”

He led a surprised Himchan to sit in a chair. The girls finally seemed to be paying attention and Youngjae, tired from standing, went and sat with Jong up and Junhong who seemed to be only slightly curious.

Daehyun began to play the piano and Youngjae was surprised, watching the messy brown hair play gently. He was quickly brought back when he heard Yongguk start rapping, eyes not leaving Himchan’s once.

“At some point, I became your patient, I can’t speak. This sickness doesn’t need a diagnosis, just hold me. You’re the reason I live right now, I need you.”

Youngjae glanced Himchan, face still shocked. He smiled to himself thinking that Himchan was worried for nothing. It wasn’t long before he registered another voice and turned shocked back to the familiar messy brown hair.

“My feet are running to you. I miss you, it hurts so much that I can’t hold it in. I will tell you I love you.”

Without even thinking about what was going on, Youngjae began to blush a deep red. He’d had no idea that Daehyun could sing like that, the piano was one thing; but his singing just sounded so beautiful to him. His voice and the words made Youngjae feel a fluttering in his chest and stomach.

The music quickly stopped and Youngjae  bit his lip and gripped onto the chair he was sitting on to avoid doing anything embarrassing, such as clapping like an idiot for what wasn’t even half a song.

Before anybody could even say anything, more music started, this time it came from a small speaker near Daehyun. He simply sent Youngjae a small smile before standing up and walking behind the four girls who were suddenly in their own chairs facing them. Youngjae could only guess that they had moved there while he was distracted with Daehyun’s singing.

The girls started singing but Youngjae was far too distracted with arms around his waist.

“Daehyun what are you doing?”

He did his best to whisper quietly but he wasn’t sure if he was really successful with that since Junhong gave him an annoyed look.

“Youngjae, there aren’t any more chairs. Scoot I wanna share with you.”

He struggled bit but gave in after Daehyun pouted and just held on tighter. He moved slightly giving Daehyun room and turned his attention back to the girls’ singing.

“I’ve fallen deeply for you, each day it’s getting more dangerous. Think I’m in love with you, I’m in love with you. I don’t know if you’re poison or love.”

At some point during the singing, Daehyun had grabbed onto one of Youngjae’s hands and was rubbing circles into his wrist. It was actually very distracting and he began to lean into the other, who merely rested his chin on Youngjae’s head.

The girls finished their song, and Youngjae sadly realized that he missed most of it. He began to sit upright as he saw Yongguk approaching Himchan. Daehyun pouted sadly at the sudden lack of warmth.

“Well Himchan.”

Himchan took a moment before speaking, voice soft but still trying to be cold.

“How long have you been planning this?”

Yongguk nervously rubbed the back of his neck but smiled a little at Himchan

“Confessing since about a year into our friendship, but I was never really sure how you would react. Then I decided I had to give it a chance and decided a few months ago, it was now or never. But I did need a little help, hope you don’t mind but I did need a girl’s perspective on this.”

Himchan said nothing, instead he stood, gently placing the roses on his seat. He was in front of a hesitant Yongguk before turning to Youngjae.

“Do me a favor and get the kids out, please. I’d like to talk to Yongguk alone.”

It took a second before Youngjae stood and grabbed onto Junhong’s arm gently and motioned for Jong up to follow along. Daehyun and the girls also stood and they all headed to the door.

Before they were even fully out, they heard Junhong let out a small cry and turned to see what had happened. Youngjae wasn’t surprised to see Himchan and Yongguk close, cradling each other’s faces and kissing very heatedly.

Himchan looked back at them and glared.

“Do you mind?”

He huffed at them before turning back to a smiling Yongguk. Youngjae quickly pushed Junhong out and the others followed quickly, Daehyun swiftly closed the door behind them. Jong up stayed quiet, not as shocked as a still worried Junhong.

“He was eating hyung’s face! Is hyung going to be ok? Shouldn’t we help him? Youngjae hyung what do we do?!?”

The girls cooed at the adorable concern and innocence in the youngest but gave him space as Jong up pulled the crying boy into his arms shushing him.

“Junhong I promise hyung’s going to be ok. There’s nothing to worry about.”

Youngjae mentally cursed Himchan for possibly scarring the youngest. But he was also happy for the other, he could stop worrying and now his two favorite hyungs were going to be happy together.

Daehyun silently approached Youngjae and rested his chin on the others shoulder.

“Youngjae can we talk about a few things?”

He bristled slightly, not sure if he was really ready for all of the questions the other probably had. But before Daehyun could even get a word out, Youngjae’s phone went off.

He smiled apologetically before glancing at the reminder on his phone, not really remembering anything coming up. As soon as he opened it, he cursed before apologizing to everyone and excused himself from the group with mentions of tomorrow, leaving a very confused Daehyun behind.

He walked out of the building wondering how he could possibly have forgotten about the big math test, his teacher had been stressing since the class had started. Just remembering that the test was worth almost a third of his final grade made him curse again.

An image of a hurt Daehyun, from seconds ago when he walked away, flashed across his mind. He thought of going back to apologize before reminding himself that he only had two days to study and he had better get started fast.

 

~A/N~

Here you go, hope this doesn't disappoint anyone. The songs are BAP's "Lovesick" and Secret's "I'm in Love" (obviously neither are mine and no infringement or plaigarism intended, lyrics from websites and youtube). I'm actually not a fan of theirs as I haven't really heard much from them (sorry, not big on girl groups or y concept but I wanted to use them/ this song even just a little bit.

The heart to heart moment with Himchan and Youngjae wasn't really planned it just kinda happened? I feel slightly rushed on this for no reason at all other than I do? I might put another bonus (by bonus I mean not included in the crappy outline I had made) as a sort of filler/ relief from all the crazy banghim I put in.

I hope you all like it or at least don't hate me for writing this chapter (or any chapter for that matter). Again thank you all very much, you guys don't know how awkwardly happy I get from seeing people actually comment, subscribe or read this thing. Byes thank you all :)