All to make Himchan happy

Breakfast encounters

Youngjae arrived at the designated coffee shop just a little before 11 on Saturday not really ready for the day. He quickly ordered his coffee and dessert before sitting in a corner close to the door, waiting for the others to arrive.

He poked at his dessert taking a few bites before giving up on it. He hadn’t eaten yet, having woken up not that long ago, but the food only seemed to make his nerves worse. He was already anxious about the day but the sugary food was beginning to make him feel sick.

Truthfully he’s been a little nervous ever since Himchan had asked them to go to the hair salon. It seemed far too simple.

The last time Himchan had been upset was because several girls had said that he was gaining weight and that he’d had plastic surgery. He had shot back that he’s gained muscle and his beauty was natural. The girls had stared as he had walked past them but it actually had affected him with all of them doing their best to comfort him. Himchan’s idea then was for all of them to gather at his home and watch chick flicks.

Youngjae could clearly remember Yongguk complaining at every possible chance that there was no action. Junhong made a lot of noises and messes because he couldn’t stay still and thought that baking would be easy (was not apparently and Youngjae had to step in and do it all). And to top it off, Himchan cried numerous times causing Yongguk and Jong up to comfort him while Youngjae comforted Junhong, since it was scaring him how much of an effect the movies had on Himchan and he was scared that it was contagious.

Those were the worst 10 plus hours Youngjae could remember, some of the most entertaining, but still the worst. His head still hurt just thinking about it. Still, he wondered just how big Himchan’s collection of girly movies is since they only seemed like a few and he seemed to know them well.

Youngjae checked the time on his phone frowning as he realized that the others were already running late. He sighed and took a sip of his bitter coffee hoping that his anxious feeling would go away.

The sound of his phone vibrating on the table of the quiet coffee shop shocked him upright causing him to almost spill his coffee. He hesitated, glaring daggers at his loud phone as Jong up slid into one of the seats at the table. Jong up seemed to be confused but let Youngjae do what he wanted.

At the very last second Youngjae picked it up and looked at his phone debating whether he should answer. He didn’t really have much of a choice as his phone changed back to his lock screen clearly showing that he had a missed call.

He turned to Jong up and shrugged as if saying that it much not have been important. The other said nothing as he rested his arms on the table gently dropping his head onto them, closing his eyes just for a little bit.

A few minutes later the bell above the door jingled and the calmness of the coffee shop was quickly disrupted.

“I had told you that I would be there early to get you so why were you still asleep when I got there? And wake up the first time I tell you to, we were supposed to be here over half an hour ago.”

Youngjae and Jong up watched as Junhong walked rubbing at his eyes taking a seat before setting his eyes on Youngjae’s dessert. Youngjae merely pushed it in his direction earning a tired, thankful smile.

He watched as the youngest wolfed the dessert down as he turned to Himchan who seemed fussy and a little impatient. Long arms reached for his coffee and he quickly swat at them pulling it to himself.

“Junhong I don’t care how tired you are, I am not giving you caffeinated coffee if I’ll be with you for most of the day.”

He only received a small whine before the other grunted and let his head drop onto the table with a small thud.

Youngjae stood up to go order the two youngest some sugary decaffeinated coffee for the sake of his sanity, as Himchan seemed focused on studying his hair for the time being.

As he got to the counter he quickly ordered coffee for everybody and bought a few cookies, he made sure to steal glances at the table making sure that the younger two were really just sleeping and not dead somehow. As soon as everything was ready he calmly approached the table and set everything down carefully.

“Youngjae were you the one who made sure Junhong was oso energetic when I took him shopping.”

“Maybe I was. I thought he’d need to be, to be able to handle shopping with you.”

Youngjae spoke calmly as he gently shook the two sleepyheads who looked like they would much rather sleep on the floor of the coffee shop rather than keep their heads up.

He applauded himself as Himchan scowled before taking a sip of his coffee and smiling gently.

“You’re lucky that you know the sort of drinks I like or I’d make sure he had sugar every day that you tutor him.”

“He’s not that bad.”

Jong up quietly spoke as he and Junhong were working on their food and keeping their eyes open. Youngjae munched on a cookie but watched as Junhong quickly leaned onto Jong up’s shoulder sipping on his drink.

Himchan only watched everything with mischievous eyes before taking one last drink of his coffee.

“Hurry up and finish so that we can go already.”

Youngjae briefly wondered why exactly Himchan was in such a hurry but was still too lazy to waste time thinking about why Himchan does anything. Instead the three of them merely nodded and hurried.

~~

“Are you kidding me Himchan?!”

“Youngjae bring your voice down. And what exactly do you have a problem with?”

Youngjae puffed his cheeks and crossed his arms before trying to answer. Jong up and Junhong merely sat a little bored watching their hyungs argue at the hair salon.

“You dragged us out just so that you could dye your hair brown, was it really necessary?”

It wasn’t that Youngjae wasn’t willing to help comfort Himchan, it was just that he would much rather have slept in rather than watch Himchan dye his hair. He watched a little annoyed as Himchan huffed and began speaking as if even a child should understand him.

“I won’t just be dying it brown. I’ll also cut it a bit and get some bangs. Besides I won’t be the only one getting my hair dyed.”

Youngjae took a step back while Jong up and Junhong seemed to stand a little straighter, realizing that something was going on. They walked over curious as to why Youngjae seemed slightly afraid while Himchan seemed completely amused.

“What do you mean you won’t be the only one dying your hair Himchan?”

At this Himchan smiled, cat-like eyes turning into a pleasant eye smile, before speaking to them with a happy voice.

“Silly you, all of us are dying our hair today.”

The statement had the three stare at each other wide eyed, and not fully aware, as Himchan dragged them all into chairs before looking for stylists and returning quickly.

He stopped before Jong up’s chair first and told the stylist to do something fun, charming, and innocent. Jong up merely swallowed before smiling at the stylist as she began to move his hair this way and that, thinking of what to do.

Youngjae watched in fear as Himchan quickly approached Junhong, who seemed to have returned to his normal self, knowing that he was next.

“Hyung you’re really letting me dye my hair?”

Himchan smiled and nodded as Junhong seemed excited at something new, before he turned to the next stylist slightly serious.

“He’s still young and I want to keep him looking cute and innocent. Feel free to do crazy color, even with just his height he sticks out so might as well. Maybe pink would be good.”

Youngjae felt a small smile tug at his lips as Junhong whined before quickly being hushed by Himchan who merely promised that next time he could pick his hairstyle.

As Himchan approached his chair, he tried his best to lean as far away as possible before the other reached for part of his hair tugging it gently, so Youngjae would sit normal.

“And for this one I want a dark color on him. Cut it a little if you want but keep him just a little bit cute, mostly go for a ier image, he’s not as young as the other ones.”

Himchan walked away and into his own chair, leaving Youngjae gaping at him. The stylist quickly set to work setting things up and Youngjae took one last glance at his hair before acknowledging that in the end he wouldn’t be able to say no to Himchan.

“…I said cute too, just like you with your blonde hair.”

Youngjae’s eyes widened just as he remembered Daehyun complimenting him. He warily eyed the hair dye the girl was setting up noticing the dark color.

Panic began to set as he wondered if a certain somebody would maybe still think he was cute even if he was no longer blonde.

~~

“Well don’t you all look so different!”

Himchan clapped his hands happily as they left the salon later on.

Youngjae guessed that he should have been thankful that his hair was still a relatively natural color. Jong up’s hair was a soft shade of purple with the sides shaved and still a dark brown. Junhong’s hair however was, as Himchan had asked, pink. Granted it wasn’t hot pink but it was still a girly looking color making him blush slightly as strangers turned to stare as they walked past.

“Hmm how about I order us some takeout and we watch a few more movies at my house?”

Youngjae groaned realizing that the day was not done. But… Himchan did say there would be food… Plus he needed something to keep from worrying about a certain person’s opinion of his now, black hair. He didn’t even really care how many chick flicks Himchan must have planned, anything was better than worrying about Monday.

 

~A/N~

Sooo... not exaclty within the "weekish" of the last update but I was busy (mostly with writer's block up until today when I wrote more than half of it). But in all honestly this chapter wasn't really planned, it was just supposed to be a flash back in the next chapter, but as an apology for taking 2 weeks between the last two, here it is as a bonus :) It's about 2 pages longer than it was intended to be but I hope you guys don't mind...

Thank you guys again for your patience and I want to apologize in advance because I will be busy for the next month-ish with family things. I still hope to update as quickly as I can though because I feel bad whenever you guys wait long because really I'm extremely thankful for all the people who have bothered to read this you are all precious and I'd hug you all if I could but I'm slightly socially awkward and it's not physically possible so yeah...

Also the hair: Jong up and Himchan are pretty much coffee shop, Junhong is power and Youngjae is overall attractive with black hair (or practically any hair color) so it doesn't really matter when it was from.

Thank you to all of you again, I hope you enjoy it and ignore any possible mistakes