hot, gorgeous, uncomfortable

Breakfast encounters

Youngjae was hesitant as he approached the school on Monday. He took a deep breath before finally walking in and quickly walking to the cafeteria. Though he and Junhong had chosen to arrive later in order to avoid most people, he still heard small squeaks from passing girls.

He knew for a fact that Junhong had to already be inside eating because he always ate right before classes and even pink hair wouldn’t stop that from happening. What he hadn’t been aware of until he approached their table, was that their new hair colors were actually liked by the girls at the school.

Their table had a variety of food resting on top with several girls stealing glances and giggling slightly. Junhong was already seated eating while Himchan and Jong up were busy trying to get some math concepts down and smiling at the girls who dropped the food off at the table.

Youngjae rolled his eyes and blew some of his now black bangs out of his eyesight. It wasn’t that he hadn’t had bangs before, they just weren’t right in his face like they were now. It was the one thing that all of them had in common with their new hairstyles and Himchan had been overjoyed enough to style their hair after they finally ate the day of.

Speaking of which, Himchan had been in a much better mood after having everybody’s hair dyed and cut, having takeout, playing with their new hair, and still watching about four different chick flicks.  Overall Himchan didn’t even seem bothered by the fact that Jong up was half asleep or Junhong didn’t tell any of the girls’ thank you.

“Hyung”, the youngest finally noticed him and seemed delighted, “look at all this food! It’s almost as much as what Daehyun hyung had bought us.”

Youngjae flinched at the mention of the other’s name quickly looking around to see if he could find the familiar messy brown hair. After not finding it, he relaxed slightly and took a seat.

“Did any of you buy any food at all or is this really from all of the girls?”

“We bought a little bit before the girls started giving us food as soon as we paid for ours.”

Himchan barely looked up as he answered Youngjae who warily eyed it all, wondering how much the girls had thought they could eat.

He was a little annoyed as the girls who were talking about Himchan last week approached the table and was shocked when they offered the food in their hands to him. He accepted it numbly and thanked them surprised at their blushing.

“Did you really doubt my abilities when it comes to looks?”

Himchan glanced at him slightly annoyed as Youngjae shrugged and set the food onto the table not even glancing at it.

“They brought you food, you should at least eat some of it. Or are you really going to be a jerk to some innocent girls?”

Youngjae finally looked up at Himchan noting that he had a little more make up on than usual. The eyeliner was a little bit more noticeable and made him actually look great.

“Are they really so innocent if they only seemed to notice me after you had my hair dyed black?”

Jong up quietly reached over and opened up the fruit one of the girls had given Youngjae.

“Hyung it doesn’t matter. They still bought and brought you this. I know you wouldn’t want to hurt their feelings so please eat at least a little bit.”

Himchan smiled at Jong up, obviously proud of him, but Youngjae could only stare at Jong up who looked so different. He still had something so innocent about him, but there was also a little bit more confidence behind his smile. He silently cursed and thanked Himchan for changing the younger so easily.

“Hyung if you can’t finish it I can help you.”

He turned to Junhong who hadn’t talked much instead choosing to eat and avoid all the stares he was getting. His pink hair only seemed to make him look younger and harmless.

But before Youngjae could even retort that he had already eaten enough food, a voice behind him spoke up sending shivers down his spine.

“I could eat it for him.”

Himchan raised an eyebrow at the newcomer.

“Getting jealous Daehyun? Does it bother you that a few girls bought him breakfast this morning instead of you?”

Youngjae stiffened as Daehyun took the seat next to him calmly taking one of the girls’ gifts. He couldn’t even really turn to look anywhere else but at the fruit already opened for him, but he could still feel the other shrug as he blushed at the brush against his own shoulder.

“Youngjae doesn’t belong to me and he can eat whatever he wants. I’m just helping him out a bit with the food.”

Daehyun said it so nonchalantly but continued to stuff his face with the food meant for Youngjae. Annoyed, Youngjae began to stab his fruit again shoving it into his mouth to avoid the weird bubbling in his chest at Daehyun’s tone.

“Besides I don’t blame them, he looks hot.”

And Youngjae dropped his fork as Junhong tried to bite back his laugh while Himchan just smiled.

“I did a good job picking it out for him didn’t I?”

“Yeah you did. But did you have to make him so hot, I don’t like everybody staring at him and I don’t think he feels comfortable with it either.”

What Youngjae really didn’t feel comfortable with was how they were talking about him, never mind how he felt just with Daehyun calling him hot. He had been anxious the whole weekend about how Daehyun would react to his hair not being blonde anymore. But in his mind he never expected the other to say outright that he looked in any way attractive.

“I don’t think they would stare so openly if you two just dated already so they would know he was taken.”

Youngjae choked on the water he had tried to drink in an attempt to get rid of his blushing.  He was left coughing and blushing even more at Himchan’s suggestion and wanted to run out but Jong up and Junhong gave him a pleading look to please not leave them alone with the crazy ones.

Daehyun quickly turned to him, face full of concern.

“Youngjae are you okay?! Do you need CPR? I’ll do it!”

Youngjae kept one hand on Daehyun’s shoulder pushing him away from his face, as he did his best to regain his breath and calm his heart down after almost choking again. Junhong stood up from his seat and pat him on the back rather harshly in an attempt to help. Jong up looked on with wide eyes while Himchan only watched with a very amused smirk on his face.

The coughing finally died down as Youngjae kept his face towards the ground to hide his still red face. Daehyun was still struggling against Youngjae’s grip trying to get closer to make sure that he was alright. Junhong had quietly gone back to his seat and continued eating.

“Are you sure you don’t need CPR? Daehyun already said he’d do it.”

The coughing started up again just a bit as Youngjae’s face flushed a deep red.

“Hyung! He just finished coughing and you made him start again!”

Junhong quickly turned to Himchan upset since Youngjae really had just finished coughing before Himchan had said anything.

“I was just curious is all.”

Jong up simply watched as a slight blush began to spread on Daehyun’s cheeks, eyes still fixed on Youngjae.

“What happened here? Youngjae are you alright?”

Everybody at the table jumped at the deep voice and Youngjae felt extremely thankful for everybody’s attention to be off of him even just for a second. He suddenly felt hands rub his back softly and turned, shocked to find Daehyun staring at him with worry as he helped him a little.

Even after all of his choking, this still somehow felt worse. Seeing just how worried Daehyun was just didn’t feel right with Youngjae. There was a small lump in his throat that made it difficult for him to swallow and it felt as if his chest was hurting even more than before.

“Youngjae.”

He snapped his attention to Yongguk and tried to swallow the lump in his throat. The look on Daehyun’s face etching itself into his mind.

“Hm. Sorry hyung, Uhm yeah. I’m ok just had a small problem with my water is all.”

Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed how Himchan seemed to be staring off into space and not even looking at Yongguk.

“Hyung, Youngjae started choking after Himchan hyung said that he and Daehyun should date again.”

Junhong quickly spoke up, making Youngjae wish he had kept his head down earlier.

“But Youngjae really is ok now.”

Jong up spoke quietly, reassuring Yongguk who seemed ready to speak. Youngjae was thankful for this since he wasn’t sure what he would have said.

“Himchan you should let the matchmaking happen between them and try not to force or interfere with it. But I do have to say that you did a good job with the makeovers, everybody looks really good.”

Hands rested slightly on Youngjae’s waist as Daehyun leaned into him from his side in an odd subtle embrace. Youngjae was surprised but didn’t pull away as Daehyun leaned close to whisper into his ear.

“Again? Did Himchan say that we should date before? Was I not paying attention the first time?”

Youngjae merely blushed and pulled away slightly instead confused as to why Himchan still hadn’t answered Yongguk.

Jong up and Junhong were also confused, both remaining silent having never seen the two elders act like this.

“Himchan.”

“I’m sorry. I must be imaging an old friend of mine around.”

They watched as Himchan stubbornly refused to even look at Yongguk. Youngjae was surprised that Yongguk didn’t even seem bothered by this.

“Himchan you look too gorgeous to be acting so childish right now.”

The sentence was followed by several gasps as Himchan quickly turned glaring at Yongguk.

“Who are you to be calling me gorgeous? I have barely seen you around these past few weeks. You’ve mostly been too busy with Jieun to even talk to me or hang out. And you still think I shouldn’t act so childish when my best friend has basically abandoned me?”

Youngjae’s eyes widened at Himchan’s outburst. For all of his feminine qualities, Himchan actually had a hard time expressing how he felt and this was the most Youngjae had heard from him.

The weekend suddenly made sense. It wasn’t just Yongguk calling him jealous, it was the fact that he was right. Although he was right he was also wrong, Himchan must have been feeling lonely since ever since Youngjae had known them, they had always been inseparable. But moments popped into his head of times lately with Himchan walking by himself or with a small group of his fan club.

Yongguk said nothing at first, probably just as surprised as Youngjae was. He recovered quickly though and offered his gummy smile.

“I have a reason for that and even though it was supposed to be a surprise, I think that I shouldn’t have you wait so long. I didn’t abandon you Himchan, I never would. But I do have to ask that you meet me afterschool in the music room. Youngjae, Jong up Junhong, please make sure that he gets there and I won’t mind if you guys stay to.”

They all nodded quietly at Yongguk except for Himchan and Daehyun. Himchan had his eyes narrowed and mouth in a thin line. Daehyun had his mouth open in slight shock.

It’d be a lie if Youngjae said that he wasn’t curious because he really was. But with the way Himchan was glaring at Yongguk, and his little outburst not long ago, he really did wish Yongguk wouldn’t wait. He was worried if Himchan could last that long without yelling or hitting Yongguk like he seemed to want to do.

He was surprised when Daehyun quickly spoke up before Yongguk could leave.

“Hyung today? But-“

“It’s okay Daehyun. I’ll make sure everything’s set, and I’ll just have to tell Jieun- excuse me Hyosung that it’ll have to be earlier than planned.”

While Yongguk was talking he had ruffled Daehyun’s hair a bit, eyes never leaving Himchan who refused to speak or even say he’d be there later.

“She won’t be happy but ok hyung.”

Youngjae and Jong up were surprised. They wouldn’t have expected Daehyun to know Hyosung since he was still kind of new. Junhong had taken Youngjae’s fruit not that long ago and was quietly eating, confused about everything.

“Well then I have a few things to do so I will see you all later. Take care Himchan and please don’t try to leave early or anything, this is important so please go later.”

With that, Yongguk quietly left leaving everybody speechless.  Not long after Himchan seemed to relax a little and gave a weak smile when Jong up offered him a cookie that the girls had left earlier.

After a very small poke to his side, Youngjae sighed and turned to Daehyun. But before Daehyun could even open his mouth to speak, Youngjae’s hands were already trying to fix the hair that Yongguk had just ruffled. Daehyun had remained quiet, watching Youngjae’s face as he was so focused at the moment.

He couldn’t help but stare in awe at how close the other was, or how careful his fingers were. He felt scared that if he moved, Youngjae would pull away and Daehyun didn’t want that.

Himchan watched the two quietly as Jong up and Junhong spoke about something he wasn’t interested in listening to. He felt slightly jealous of how close they were. Even though they weren’t a couple yet, they still seemed so perfect together and it made him nostalgic.

But he smiled to himself when Youngjae blushed and pulled away with small excuses. Daehyun merely brushed them off and said it was ok. But Himchan didn’t miss the blush on his face or the sad look in his eyes the moment Youngjae had turned away from him.

Daehyun. He had to know about whatever surprise Yongguk was planning. He briefly entertained the idea of trying to get it out of him before deciding against it. He’d find out later if he felt like going. He did like surprises after all especially if they were for him.

 

~A/N~

Yay two updates this week! Am i forgiven for taking long lately?

Sorry but I ended up having to split this chapter in two (sort of). By that I mean they will have different names but they will be the same day, as they were intended to be in the same chapter. I'm not sure when I will upload that one since I still have to write it... but I do hope it won't be a disappointment to anybody when I do put it up. Hopefully soon.

Ohs, I have a question or favor thingy? I'm planning on writing a new fanfic after this one that will be Youngjae and an OC, but I have no idea what to name her :/ I'm horrible with names and would really appreciate if anybody has any suggestions. She'll be American, possibly hispanic (I don't know yet, but would be a little easier for me and possible help the plot,maybe). So if anybody is willing to help and pevent me from running around in circles going crazy trying to pick a name, it would be very greatly appreciated :)

I hope you all enjoy this chapter and that it won't be a bother for you all. I honestly am very thankful for all of those that have read this even if I've extended it  bit longer than I had planned... I'll try to update soon, thank you!