Pancakes and pizza

Breakfast encounters

Youngjae woke up early Saturday morning. Not because he wanted to, any person would be able to guess that the last thing Youngjae would want to do would be to wake up at seven on a weekend. It was because his boyfriend had decided it was perfectly reasonable that since he couldn’t sleep anymore it was necessary to wake him up.

“Daehyun, go away. It’s too early to be up, can’t you do something else.”

He threw his pillow over his face in an attempt to ignore the other’s chuckling face. They had stayed up late last night playing video games since Daehyun had insisted the whole week, that since it was the weekend, he wanted to stay at Youngjae’s house. He so calmly stated it over breakfast on Wednesday causing Youngjae to choke on his food once again. The others at the table were surprised at first but soon fell into different fits of laughter. Daehyun had stayed looking at him expectedly but Youngjae was a blushing mess.

“Daehyun, what in the world is wrong with you?”

“What I want to be with my boyfriend what’s so wrong with that?”

Youngjae blushed even more and let his head fall to the table while Himchan snickered and Jong up covered Junhong’s ears and distracted him with different things to look at. It was Yongguk who spoke up after chuckling to himself for a while.

“Uhm, Daehyun isn’t it a little too soon for all of that. I mean you guys have only known each other what two weeks?”

Daehyun stared at Yongguk for what felt like forever before he finally seemed to realize why everybody seemed so amused. The second it hit him he started blushing just about as red as Youngjae was.

“It’s not like that I swear! I just want to stay with Youngjae is all, maybe watch movies or play games or whatever! I swear I don’t want to rush things! You believe me right Youngjae?!?”

Even half asleep and annoyed, Youngjae had to smile to himself over the cute panicked expression on Daehyun’s face. And Daehyun wasn’t lying, he really wasn’t pushing Youngjae to do anything, sure there were a few (maybe several) kisses, but Daehyun didn’t really press further and for that Youngjae was thankful. He could barely handle the kisses or the way on how Daehyun always seemed to have him wrapped in his arms.

“But Youngjae, I’m hungry already. Can’t you get up and make me food?”

“Make your own food, I wanna sleep.”

As soon as he finished his sentence, Daehyun’s hands were shoving him back and forth trying to convince him to get up. Youngjae let that go on a few seconds before smacking Daehyun’s hands away.

“Let me sleep Daehyun.”

There were a few seconds of silence as if Daehyun was really considering doing that before he laid down across Youngjae’s back, effectively squishing the younger. Youngjae squirmed underneath him but Daehyun wouldn’t budge.

“Dammit Daehyun get off and make your own food.”

“No, I want you to cook for me. And I want you to get up so I can see you better.”

“You can see me just fine go away.”

Youngjae felt Daehyun move but was disappointed when he realized that he moved just so he could begin poking him in the cheek again.

“You know you’re really cute when you’re sleeping.”

Youngjae blushed slightly. “You were watching me sleep?”

Daehyun hummed and continued poking him, ignoring Youngjae’s attempt to swat his finger away. “Yeah, but only for a little bit because I got hungry.”

“Daehyun stop it.”

“But you’re already awake! Might as well get up and make us food.”

Youngjae grumbled but realized that he might as well. Daehyun wasn’t going to let him sleep anymore and he was starting to get a little bit hungry too. He cursed before getting into pushup position and catching Daehyun off guard, threw the older off of him.

Daehyun stared at him wide eyed sprawled off to the side. Youngjae glared at him before sitting up and throwing his pillow at the elder.

“There happy now?”

Daehyun quickly crawled over to Youngjae and kissed him right on his mouth and pulled his hand into his lap. They stayed like that a little bit longer than their previous kisses, mouths pressed and only moving slightly. It was still an innocent kiss, but it still somehow managed to send shivers along Youngjae’s body and cause his heart to beat faster.

Youngjae pulled away slightly needing a chance to breathe but neither really moved apart, lips still inches away. Youngjae could feel Daehyun’s lips turn into a small smile.

“Very happy. And I didn’t know you had that much strength Youngjae.”

Youngjae blushed slightly and tried to lean back but Daehyun gently grabbed him and left a simple kiss on his lips before pulling away, still smiling like an idiot. Youngjae grumbled but quickly stood and offered a hand to Daehyun who accepted it and stood also.

“You should go shower, I’ll make pancakes. We have to meet the others around four so we actually have a lot of time thanks to you not letting me sleep longer.”

Daehyun smiled and kissed Youngjae on the forehead mumbling about having the best boyfriend before turning to shower, leaving a blushing Youngjae to start making the mix for the pancakes.

“So what was the bet? When we’d get together? When we’d kiss? Tell me Himchan what did they win?”

Himchan squirmed under the Youngjae’s glare but Junhong spoke and offered a small distraction.

“You guys kissed already? Was it as bad as Himchan hyung and Yongguk hyung?”

Himchan glared at the youngest and was about to answer when Jieun squealed.

“Oh my goodness no! They were so cute about it I swear.”

Hyosung and Himchan nodded in agreement before Yongguk cleared his throat.

“The bet was when you guys would get together. The girls won and now we owe them food.”

Youngjae sent small glares around the table and Daehyun suddenly spoke.

“Why not all of us go get some kind of dinner Saturday. It’s thanks to me and Youngjae that there even was a bet. Apparently all of you guys lost and it’d be just wrong to leave Junhong out.”

Youngjae had turned back in his boyfriends embrace to stare at him mouth open in shock. He was surprised that his boyfriend would go along with it, but then he remembered it was Daehyun and food they were talking about. His mouth immediately closed and he thought it over before turning to everybody at the table nodding at the girls too so they’d know they were also included in the conversation and what they said was equally important.

“I agree with Daehyun. How does pizza sound to everybody?”

Himchan snickered and quickly received a kick to the shin from Youngjae who knew that it was about him already agreeing with Daehyun. Jieun and Junhong both looked ecstatic at the idea of pizza.

“It feels like it’s been forever since I’ve had pizza.” Hyosung nodded in agreement with Jieun.

Junhong frowned and looked at the girls. “But noonas’ why don’t you guys eat pizza?”

Hyosung sighed and answered Junhong, “We don’t want to be fat, so we try not to eat too much junk food.”

If anything this just made Junhong frown more. “But you guys aren’t fat. Just eat what makes you guys happy.” This only earned him squeals from Jieun and hugs from both girl saying that he was the sweetest thing.

Youngjae rolled his eyes and tried to hide his face in Daehyun’s neck to avoid the confused look on Junhong’s face and Himchan’s cries of ruining his youngest’ innocence.

Daehyun must have felt his discomfort because he quickly cleared his throat. “So pizza? Saturday? Everybody ok with that?”

This received nods from everybody and a chirp from Jieun who was trying to go around and give everybody hugs goodbye. It wasn’t long before Hyosung pulled her away after only being successful in hugging the two youngest. Himchan put a possessive hand on Youngguk’s shoulder and sent her a glare before she could get close and Youngjae was still busy burying his face in Daehyun’s neck.

Arms wrapped around Youngjae as he was starting to flip the pancakes, a nose nuzzling his neck making him feel ticklish.

“I’m really sorry for waking you up earlier Youngjae. I just missed being able to hug you this way.”

Youngjae sighed. “You could have hugged me while I was sleeping.”

“I know but it’s not the same. I miss you with your eyes open silly.”

Youngjae blushed and turned so he could kiss his boyfriend. It was gentle and neither minded, they really weren’t in a rush with their relationship. When it ended he rested he head on the others shoulder.

“Uhm Youngjae. As much as I love kissing you, I think you burnt that pancake,”

Youngjae cursed and turned to rescue the pancake as his boyfriend laughed loudly at him. He turned and smacked him in the chest before turning back to start making another pancake.

“Shut up Daehyun, you’re the one eating that one.”

~

“Youngjae.”

“Hm.”

He was just starting to fall asleep on the other’s chest when he spoke. They had finished eating a while ago and after Youngjae showered, had decided to watch a movie and lay together on the couch. Youngjae knew he’d probably fall asleep, they ate more than a few pancakes and Daehyun had woken him up early. It wasn’t as if they didn’t have the time, it wasn’t even ten yet.

“Why did you get so happy when Jong up said he’d be taking a girl today?”

Youngjae looked up at him a small smile on his lips. “She’s the girl who carried my cereal when you bought all that food.”

“You’re okay with a girl you were getting jealous of going with us?”

Youngjae hummed, too tired to glare at Daehyun. “I don’t mind her, she’s interested in Jong up. But don’t you dare smile at another girl around me, without me knowing who she is, or I will make you pay Daehyun.”

He felt Daehyun chuckle before he pinched his arm. “I’m serious. I won’t cook for you and I’ll make you as jealous as you made me.” This time he felt Daehyun gulp before starting his apologies and promises that he won’t.

“Besides Himchan’s the one we should be worried about.” He felt Daehyun nod slightly as he moved to lean his head closer to the other’s neck.”

“Wait what?!”

Himchan almost shrieked as Youngjae and Junhong smiled proud of Jong up.

“I’m inviting a girl for tomorrow. Calm down Hyung.”

Himchan looked ready to collapse and Yongguk held his wrist leaving a gentle kiss on his neck.

“Congratulations hyung, I knew you could ask her out!” Junhong high-fived Jong up from across the table and Youngjae gave him a pat on the shoulder before Daehyun could pout and pull him back in his arms.

Himchan glared daggers at Youngjae and Junhong. “You betrayed me.”

Youngjae rolled his eyes. “Himchan, stop being so dramatic. They’ll be having pizza with the rest of us and besides don’t you trust Jong up?”

Daehyun chuckled and kissed Youngjae on the cheek. “Now I see why you guys call Himchan mom.”

Yongguk pulled a cranky Himchan back and whispered something in his ear that seemed to calm him down a bit. He then turned to glance at Youngjae and Junhong.

“So how did you guys know about this before Himchan did?”

“Junhong’s known, he’s smarter than you guys give him credit for. And Youngjae figured it out not that long ago. It only took him two chances to see it.”

Everybody turned to Jong up surprised that he finally spoke again and how much that he said. He then turned to Himchan slightly apologetic.

“Sorry but you can meet her tomorrow and please don’t scare her off.”

The two had a staring contest before Himchan huffed and gave in. “Fine. I guess the girls should have a little bit more company. And I’ll do my best.”

Youngjae shook his head knowing Himchan all too well to know that dinner would be interesting. But he was distracted with Daehyun squeezing his hand gently.

~

“Youngjae, it’s here right?”

Youngjae glanced around before nodding. They had arrived at the place everybody had agreed upon and couldn’t really find anybody yet. It wasn’t even a second later that the both of them were nearly knocked down by a girl who seemed to be trying to hug them. Youngjae felt as if he really couldn’t breathe from how tightly the girl squeezed the both of them.

“Jieun, stop. You’re squishing them too much.”

“I can’t help it! They looked so cute looking all lost and couple-y.”

Hyosung and Junhong quickly pulled a very excited Jieun off of the very surprised couple. Youngjae quickly held onto Daehyun’s arm, slightly afraid of losing his balance. After he was able to stand properly his boyfriend pulled him in the direction the others had gone in.

A few tables were pushed together and everybody except for Jong up and the girl he was interested in were there. Daehyun led him to a spot and Youngjae sat while looking to an extremely energetic Jieun with his eyebrows raised.

“So Jieun, good day? New hair cut?”

She squealed and nodded. Junhong and Hyosung both tried to hold her still so she wouldn’t hug everybody again.

“Yongguk decided that pizza wasn’t enough for the bet. So we ended up going shopping and invited Junhong along.”

Youngjae turned to Himchan while Daehyun took his hand and started admiring it as well as he could without it looking weird.

“You don’t sound too happy about that Himchan. What’s wrong Yongguk didn’t buy you anything?”

Himchan rolled his eyes before glaring at Youngjae only slightly. “Of course he bought me something. It’s just he could’ve bought me more things or paid more attention to me instead of playing games with Junhong. I ended up walking around with the girls for the most part.”

Junhong kept his head down and mumbled apologies while Yongguk attempted to calm Himchan down a bit. Youngjae said nothing and leaned into Daehyun who pulled him close and left a gentle kiss on his head.

“Sorry we’re late.”

Everybody turned as Jong up showed up at the table. Youngjae knew that he wasn’t the only one confused but quickly caught a glimpse of something move behind Jong up. He stood and took a few steps before standing before her. She wasn’t necessarily hiding, her head was bowed again and she just seemed a little bit nervous.

“Hi. It’s nice to see you again.”

She looked up with wide eyes before shaking Youngjae’s outstretched hand and offered a smile that helped Youngjae realize why Jong up seemed interested in the girl. Jong up sat and pulled her along so she’d be next to Hyosung and across from Jieun and Junhong who welcomed her immediately.

Daehyun pulled Youngjae back to his seat and held his hand in his lap, rubbing small circles that helped make Youngjae’s heart beat faster. He rested his head on Daehyun’s shoulder and watched as the girls all seemed to be getting along and Junhong and Jong up talked about a new dance routine. But he didn’t miss how Jong up quietly reached to squeeze her hand or how she blushed and squeezed back.

He smiled to himself and turned to Himchan who he knew had to be getting bored. Yongguk and Daehyun had started talking about who knows what a while ago. Youngjae didn’t care because he knew Daehyun would probably tell him later anyways. Himchan was watching the others with a glint to his eyes.

“Himchan, play nice.” Youngjae murmured it quietly enough so only their half of the table would hear.

Daehyun and Yongguk stopped talked and turned to them, both always interested when it came to their boyfriend. Himchan huffed and kissed Yongguk calmly before answering Youngjae just as quietly.

“I will play nice. She seems…”

“She seems nice Himchan.

Yongguk’s deep voice seemed to settle it and Himchan only sighed before looking at his hands.

“She does but still, that makes three couples here that weren’t here a few weeks ago.”

Youngjae thought about it for a second before realizing that it was true. It wasn’t as big of a shock as when he realized that he had fallen hard for a guy he had met less than a month ago, but it was still a little surprising to realize.

Daehyun pulled Youngjae close by his waist and Youngjae looked at him, not surprised by the tenderness in the other’s eyes. He knew that Daehyun was probably thinking the same thing that he was. It didn’t matter that they were still getting to know each other, they both knew that they made each other happy and that was all that mattered.

He turned back to Himchan and Yongguk who also seemed to be having their own small moment. Daehyun’s hand rested gently on his waist and his other hand squeezed Youngjae’s own. It was a beautiful moment but Youngjae wasn’t sure that he felt comfortable having so many intimate moments in public.

“It could be worse Himchan, there’s still Junhong.”

Youngjae calmly took a sip of his soda as Daehyun chuckled and Yongguk tried to get Himchan out of the shocked state he was suddenly in. the pizzas suddenly arrived and even the other half of the table stopped talking for a moment to start eating. Daehyun immediately began serving himself and Youngjae but Youngjae continued to watch Himchan amused. The other had come out of his shock and was staring wide eyed at the youngest.

Youngjae knew that it would drive Himchan crazy since Junhong seemed comfortable with both single girls. But he knew that Yongguk or even the girls, would remind Himchan that Junhong’s still innocently thinking of everybody he meets as just friends and isn’t even thinking about looking for a girlfriend.

“Youngjae.”

He turned to find Daehyun holding a slice of pizza out to him. He took a bite before lifting a piece off of Daehyun’s plate and feeding the other a bite. Both boys laughed before settling the slices down and Youngjae smiled at Daehyun who was also smiling.

“Daehyun.”

The other looked ready to laugh but instead did his best to seem serious.

“Would it be alright for me to stay with you every weekend?”

Youngjae stared at the other surprised. He calmly glanced around the table and after being sure that everybody seemed to be lost in their own conversations, turned back to his boyfriend.

“Every weekend Daehyun?”

Daehyun looked a little nervous before nodding.

“I already told you Youngjae, I don’t want to be away from you. It’s bad enough during the week and if it wasn’t for the fact that we have to get up for school every morning I’d probably ask if we could just move in together already. So I’ll just ask about weekends for now.”

Youngjae thought about it for a moment. It was nice having Daehyun around, even if he did wake him up. He would probably want Daehyun to move in at some point soon as long as they didn’t have to be getting up at certain times. He looked to the older who seemed almost worried and so Youngjae leaned in and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“Weekends sound great Daehyun. As long as Monday mornings you make me a bowl of cereal to make up for me making you food during the weekends.”

Daehyun grinned at him. “Of course. I practiced for you didn’t I? It’s the least I can do for you.”

 Youngjae nodded. Daehyun getting him cereal really was the least he could do for causing him so much trouble and panic attacks. Daehyun getting the ratio of cereal and milk right all of the time is a good start for now.

 

~A/N~

The end finally! I am so sorry this took so long, I kept getting stuck. I'm not sure how I feel about the chapter but it was just meant to be a bonus. This whole thing ended up being A LOT longer than originally planned.At first, it was going to be a one shot and then maybe four chapters. Instead it ended up ten chapters, each averaging around 7 pages.

I extremely and sincerely want to thank everbody that has taken the time and had the patience to read through this. honestly this story will probably always be precious to me becuase it is my first fanfic and I really don't know how to express to you all how thankful I have been for every view, subscriber, upvote, comment and just everything it has all meant so much to me. I really do hope that I didn't disappoint you guys with anything.

I'm very awkward with goodbyes so I'll just leave it with thank you to all of you again for everything, I very sincerely mean it take care eveybody and happy early halloween (I'm very excited ok). Thank you all so much for your time!