Merry-Go-Round

Arranged Future

YOONGI MAKES SOME DECISIONS

 

Yoongi sat on the merry-go-round and stared out at the kids running around on the jungle gym in the distance. This was the park his brother used to take him to…before he left. He’d been thinking about his big brother a lot lately, ever since he moved in with Jimin. He wondered if Juntao had someone like Jimin to fall back on when he left. He hoped he did, because Yoongi felt like everyone needed a ‘Jimin’ in their lives. 

 

That kid was seriously something special. Who else would be able to adapt so easily after having someone they’d only been dating for a few months move in? That was about 3 weeks ago. It made Yoongi smile when Jimin cleared out half his closet and half his dresser for him; Jimin’s studio apartment was about the size of his parent’s living room, and he was making space in it for him. 

 

Yoongi was the elder in their relationship, but it seemed like Jimin was always taking care of him. It bothered him a little, Yoongi always  liked to take care of himself. Minus his parents’ cash, he didn’t depend on them for anything. He hated feeling like he needed to depend on his boyfriend right now, he wanted to stand on his own two feet. He should be able to stand on his own two feet, but he didn’t want to move out. 

 

Despite their short relationship, Yoongi found himself deeply attached to Jimin already. He wanted to live with him. So to help, Yoongi decided that he would find a job as soon as possible. He’d never held a paying job, but he’d done a few internships with some big name companies and he’d also built his own contact list with some of his dad’s clients. He was determined to pay his way; he was a rich kid, not a spoiled brat…there was a distinct difference. He wasn’t afraid of hard work nor was he above it.

 

Yoongi was broken free of his reverie when his world began to spin, literally. “What the hell?” he asked as he the merry-go-round came to a slow halt. Through his shades he saw a pair of jean-clad legs standing before him, his eyes trailed up the familiar body to land on the face of his smiling boyfriend. 

 

“You know, people might think you’re some sort of ert if you keep staring at those kids,” Jimin laughed out as he sat down next to Yoongi on the merry-go-round. Yoongi cast side-eyes over to his boyfriend, “I wasn’t even paying attention to them, Park Jimin,” he replied.

 

Jimin laughed a little harder, “Well if you aren’t here ing after small children, then what are you doing?” he playfully queried. “I think the better question is: how did you know I was here?” Yoongi countered, he didn’t tell Jimin he was coming here. “Yah, don’t answer my question with a question hyung,” Jimin complained while poking the elder in his shoulder. 

 

Yoongi shrugged, “Well answer mine and I’ll answer yours,” he smoothly bargained. “What? But I asked mine first,” Jimin whined. Yoongi shrugged again, “So, I have seniority,” he replied. 

 

Jimin sighed and rolled his eyes, “I remember you told me you liked to come to this park when you were younger. I figured since you didn’t tell me where you were going that this would be the place to look for you first,” he explained. Yoongi  was impressed with his boyfriend’s deductive reasoning skills, “Good job Jiminnie, you’re smarter than you look,” he told him through a gummy grin.

 

Jimin glared at his boyfriend, “Don’t insult my intelligence Yoongi-hyung,” he griped. Yoongi laughed and reached for his boyfriend’s hand, “I’m sorry Jimin,” he quickly apologized, “I was just kidding. I know you’re smart.” Jimin rolled his eyes, but laced their fingers together, “Whatever, you’re lucky you’re cute. Now answer my question please,” he requested. “I’ve been thinking,” Yoongi answered simply. 

 

Jimin scooted closer to his boyfriend, “About what?” he asked curiously. “Mostly about you and my brother,” the elder easily answered. “Your brother?” the younger asked. Yoongi nodded, “I was thinking about how he must have felt when he had to tell our parents he didn’t want to run the company, if he felt the same way I did,” he answered.

 

“And what way was that hyung?” Jimin asked. “Free,” was Yoongi’s one word reply. Jimin smiled at his boyfriend’s uplifted expression, he definitely seemed happier. “You should reach out to him,” Jimin advised. “Maybe,” Yoongi said; he did have his brother’s number and address for emergency purposes, maybe it was time to use them. 

 

Jimin nodded, seeming satisfied with his unsure answer, “What were you thinking about me? How amazing the was last night and this morning?” he jokingly asked. Yoongi smiled at his boyfriend and shook his head, “Get your hormonal teenaged mind out the gutter,” he lightly scolded, “I was thinking about how I can help.” 

 

Jimin raised a brow, “Help with what?” he asked in confusion. “Money,” Yoongi answered in a matter-of-fact tone. “Hyung what are you talking about?” Jimin laughed out, “I don’t need any help with money.” “It’s not funny Jimin, I don’t want to be living scot-free on your dime. I wanna help pay rent,” Yoongi snapped.

 

“‘Scot-free on my dime’? OK you sound like someone from an old black and white movie,” Jimin said. “Jimin, I’m serious. I’m going to get a job and I’m going to help pay for rent, and food, and whatever else needs to be paid for,” Yoongi volunteered firmly. Jimin unlatched their hands to hold both his up in surrender, “OK Yoongi, whatever you want,” he conceded. 

 

Yoongi nodded his satisfaction as Jimin added, “Do you even know how to work?” Yoongi served the younger with another helping of side-eyes, “Yah, of course I do Park Jimin. I’m not as inexperienced as you think,” he defended. Jimin threw an arm around his boyfriend’s shoulders, “Alright I’m sorry, you just seem like a kept boy,” he said lightly knocking their foreheads together. 

 

Yoongi pinched Jimin under his arm and gave a satisfied smile when the younger let out a high pitched yelp and retracted his arm. “Ow hyung, why’d you pinch me? You know I bruise easily,” the dark-haired man whined out as he rubbed his throbbing armpit through his hoodie and thick jacket. Yoongi shrugged and smiled wider, “You’ll be OK, man-up and accept your punishment properly,” he chastised.

 

Jimin pouted cutely and continued to massage his abused flesh. Yoongi rolled his eyes, gripped Jimin’s chin between his cold fingers, and pressed their lips together. “Big baby,” he cutely insulted as he faced forward again. Jimin smiled widely and wiggled happily on the freezing merry-go-round, he loved it when Yoongi kissed him like that. 

 

After a few minutes of silence Yoongi quietly said, “I’m going to call my brother.” Jimin smiled and nodded, he knew Yoongi didn’t mean today, but he was just happy that his boyfriend was going to do it eventually. It meant progress.