The Interview And...

Arranged Future

I'M BACK!!!!! 

“OK Yoongi, your résumé seems very corporate oriented, but your portfolio may be one of the best I’ve seen so far,” the CEO of Heart and Seoul Magazine, Mr. Han, complimented as he flipped through the glossy pages of the thick black portfolio, “I really love your use of natural lights and shadows. And you have an amazing variety of subjects; versatility is always a good thing.” 

 

Yoongi smiled proudly, “Thank you, Mr. Han,” he said crossing his legs.

 

“You’ve got a confident air about yourself, I like that,” Mr. Han said sitting back in his seat, “But tell me, why would you want to settle for a job as a photographer? You know, instead of running your family’s very wealthy and very successful company?” Yoongi mentally rolled his eyes, he knew this question was coming…everybody always seemed to ask him this question. 

 

“Because, to me, it’s not settling,” he simply answered, “Sure it’d be easier and more financially sound for me to just run the company, but it’s not what I want to do. I love photography, Mr. Han, so much so that I completely uprooted my comfy rich boy lifestyle to pursue a career for it. So I don’t call this settling, I call it, going for my perfect job.”

 

“Very commendable, Mr. Min, to have so much faith in yourself,” Mr. Han said lacing his fingers together. Yoongi shrugged and nodded his acceptance of that statement, it was true. “So the only thing left for me to see is the representational piece I asked you to bring in,” the interviewer said. 

 

Yoongi nodded and reached into the large portfolio case propped up against his chair. He pulled out a framed portrait and handed it over. “This boy has been the subject of a couple of your photographs. Who is he? Your brother?” Mr. Han asked pointing to the greyscale profile shot of Jimin, the eclipsed sun behind his head gave his silhouette a luminescent glow. Yoongi grinned and shook his head, “No, that’s my boyfriend: Park Jimin,” he corrected pointing at the picture as well. 

 

Mr. Han raised his brows in surprise, “Boyfriend? Really?” he asked taking another look at the picture. “Is that a problem?” Yoongi asked, automatically going into defense-mode. Mr. Han shook his head, “No, I don’t really care. It’s just that everyone else brought in self-portraits. I’m curious to see where this is going to go,” he explained.

 

“Well I thought that’d be a little vain,” Yoongi bluntly stated, “This piece represents the components that helped me get here. More like a representation of who I am today, instead of who I am over all.” Mr. Han nodded, he seemed genuinely intrigued, “Why don’t you elaborate for me?” he requested. 

 

“Well the abstract painting I used for the border, was actually done by my older brother Juntao. He painted it for me, it’s how he sees me. Though I still don’t quite understand exactly how it translates to being me, I used it as the base for the piece because my brother showed me that it’s OK to stray from expectations to do what makes me happy. He was the original successor of my parent’s company, but he decided to become a painter instead. He told me about how hard it was for him to go from being a pampered rich kid to taking care of himself, but he also told me that it was worth it. He provides the wisdom I need because he’s been where I am before, at the breaking point of a career,” Yoongi explained.

 

Mr. Han nodded, “I’ve actually seen a lot of your brother’s work,” he revealed, “that’s one of his pieces hanging on that far wall.” Yoongi followed the man’s pointed finger to see a large neon paint-splatter piece hanging on the, otherwise, bland white wall. “Wow,” Yoongi said turning back around. ‘Wasn’t expecting that,’ he thought with a proud grin and a small shrug. 

 

Mr. Han nodded, “OK, I understand the abstract component, but how does your boyfriend’s portrait relate?” he asked curiously. 

 

“He’s my backbone,” Yoongi easily stated, “without him encouraging me, I wouldn’t be here interviewing with you today. He’s been my center since the beginning, always challenging me and pushing me to step outside my comfort zone. Always saying that it’s OK to want to do what makes me happy, as long as it’s not illegal or detrimental to anyone’s health.” 

 

Mr. Han smiled, but held his comments, it seemed like Yoongi had more to say. “Juntao, Jimin, and myself, that’s all the support I have and need. As long as I have my brother’s wisdom, my boyfriend’s encouragement, and my confidence I can achieve whatever I want.”


Yoongi sighed as he loosened his tie and shoved his portfolio case on the seat behind him. That interview took more out of him than he thought. He looked down at his phone to check the time, Mr. Han said he had a few more interviews today and that he would call everyone with his decision as soon as he was done. Yoongi didn’t want to go home until he found out if he got the job or not. 

 

He’d decided to go to his and Jimin’s favorite coffee shop to wait, “Yoongi-hyung, is that you?” he heard someone ask. He looked up from his phone to see, Jung Hoseok, an ex-boyfriend-turned-good-friend from college. 

 

Yoongi smiled brightly as he stood up to greet his friend, “Hoseok-ah, it’s been awhile.” Hoseok smiled back just as brightly and hugged Yoongi back, “It’s so awesome to see you again, hyung,” he happily said as he occupied the seat across from the elder. “Yea it is. Last time I saw you was at your graduation, what are you doing on this side of town Hoseokie?” Yoongi asked, he nodded his thanks to the waitress as she sat down his coffee and waited for the younger to answer.

 

“Brownies,” Hoseok stated through a cheery eye-smile as he shook his tiny paper bag filled with the treats, “My boyfriend loves them.” “You have a boyfriend?” Yoongi asked a little taken aback, the tiniest twinge of jealousy hitting him. Hoseok nodded and shoved his phone into Yoongi’s face, “His name is Taehyung, he’s 20,” he proudly told him. 

 

Yoongi glanced at the picture of the cute, orange-haired, rectangle smiled boy and then looked at how happy his friend  was and smiled, “He’s very cute,” he complimented handing the phone back. All of his jealousy was gone, “But he’s not as cute as my Jiminnie,” he added. It was Hoseok’s turn to be taken aback, “You have a boyfriend too?” 

 

Yoongi nodded and pulled out his own phone. “Jimin is also 20,” he said showing the younger his favorite picture of him and his boyfriend. “Oh he is cuter than my Tae,” Hoseok impishly conceded zooming in on Jimin’s face. “Yah, you can’t have him Hoseok. He’s mine,” Yoongi playfully growled pointing at his friend. Hoseok laughed and shook his head, but before he could respond, Yoongi phone buzzed in his hand. 

 

“Someone’s calling you hyung,” he informed handing over the phone.

 

Yoongi stood up and answered his phone, “Hello?” He wandered into an unoccupied corner of the café to continue his conversation, “Yes, Mr. Han.” He listened to Mr. Han silently and felt his small eyes grow wide with every word spoken to him, “Yes, of course sir. Thank you,” he said before hanging up. 

 

“What was that all about?” Hoseok asked standing up as well. “I just got a job,” Yoongi said excitedly, “as a photographer for the Heart and Seoul magazine. “Daebak, congrats Yoongi-hyung,” Hoseok cheered as he pulled Yoongi into a big hug. “Thanks,” the elder happily replied hugging him back tightly. 

 

“Um, should I come back later?” they heard someone ask. Yoongi pulled away to see Jimin standing there with his arms crossed. Yoongi grinned widely at his boyfriend, “No, you’re here at the right moment,” he said grabbing Jimin’s hand and pulling him closer.

 

“Well I’m gonna go take Taehyungie his brownies,” Hoseok said patting Yoongi’s shoulder, “see you around.” Yoongi waved at his friend’s exiting form, “Bye Hoseok.” Jimin grabbed his boyfriend’s arm and pulled him back towards the booth he was sure they were sitting at, “So are you going to tell me who that Hoseok guy was, and why he was hugging you so tightly?” he asked him. 

 

“Whoa you don’t waste any time do you?” Yoongi laughed out sitting down again. Jimin gave him a stale face, “Why would I when I see you getting all intimate with a super cute smiley guy?” he asked occupying the space that was previously Hoseok’s. Yoongi laughed harder, “Intimate?” he echoed incredulously. Jimin glared at his boyfriend and crossed his arms on the table, “You still didn’t answer my question,” he mumbled.

 

“That was Hoseok, he’s an old…friend,” Yoongi paused, that sounded like such a lie, “who used to be more than a friend.” OK that sounded better. Jimin glared a little harder at the elder, “You mean an ex-boyfriend?” he clarified with a jealous tone.

 

Yoongi shrugged, “Yea, I guess,” he agreed with a nonchalant nod. “You guess?” the younger asked in disbelief, “What does that mean? Either he is or he isn’t.” Yoongi downed the rest of his coffee before replying, “Technically he is an ex-boyfriend, but I don’t see him like that.” “And how exactly do you see him?” Jimin questioned. 

 

Yoongi shrugged again, “Hoseokie is a good friend, who I happened to date briefly,” he cleverly worded. 

 

Jimin felt his annoyance grow, “Well whoever the hell he was, why was he hugging you so tightly?” he asked. “He was congratulating me for getting the job,” the elder slowly answered. Jimin angrily slammed his fists on the table, “The photography job?” he nearly shouted, “You told him before you told me?” Yoongi quickly hopped up and walked around the table. “Can I sit down?” he asked his boyfriend. “Why don’t you go sit with Hoseok?” Jimin grumbled, but scooted over anyway. 

 

“Jiminnie don’t be angry, the only reason I told Hoseok first was because he was standing right there when I got the phone call,” Yoongi explained throwing his arm around his boyfriend’s shoulders. Jimin crossed his arms and pouted, “I still should’ve found out first, boyfriend privileges man,” he complained as he leaned against his boyfriend, his anger and jealousy seeping away. 

 

Yoongi nodded, “Yes I know, boyfriend privileges. I’m sorry,” he said pushing back Jimin’s bangs to kiss his forehead. “Sorry I got so jealous, I don’t do well with exes,” Jimin said crossing his legs under the table. Yoongi shrugged as best he could, “It’s understandable, plus I like jealous Jimin…he’s cute,” he smugly retorted. 

 

“Well whatever, every side of Park Jimin is cute,” Jimin smartly corrected elbowing his boyfriend in the side, “Just promise you’ll only like me from now on.” Yoongi pressed their cheeks together in a semi-hug, “I promise,” he said aloud and mentally added, ‘You’re it for me.’ 

 

“Good can we go celebrate your new job now, hyung? My treat,” the younger offered with a cute eye-smile.

 

Yoongi laughed, nodded, and then stood up. He grabbed his portfolio off the opposite seat with one hand and grabbed Jimin’s hand in his other one. “Yoongi-hyung, what is Hoseok’s surname?” Jimin asked curiously as they walked out of the café. “Jung, why?” Yoongi asked matching his boyfriend’s curiosity. Jimin stopped in his tracks and laughed, so hard to the point where he was doubled over. 

 

“What the hell is wrong with you?” Yoongi queried with a raised brow. “I know his boyfriend,” Jimin laughed out as he straightened upright. Yoongi let his brows drop in confusion, “What?” he asked placing a hand on the younger’s shoulder. Jimin nodded, “My best friend, Taehyung is Hoseok’s boyfriend,” he explained holding his burning sides. “Oh yea, that’s why that kid looked so familiar,” Yoongi said as realization dawned on him. 

 

He’d only met Taehyung a handful of times in passing and was really bad with names and faces sometimes, which was why he didn’t recognize him; and Yoongi was pretty sure Taehyung’s hair wasn’t orange anymore. “So my ex-boyfriend’s current boyfriend is your best friend?” Yoongi pieced together slowly as they began to make their way down the sidewalk again. 

 

Jimin nodded, “Yes, it’s crazy right?” he asked grabbing his boyfriend’s hand again. Yoongi nodded back, “Small world,” he agreed with a grin. 

 

SO HERE WE HAVE JEALOUS JIMIN AND YOONGI'S FAVORITE PICTURE OF THE 2 OF THEM:

 

 

 

 

SO YOONGI GOT THE JOB, I'M SURE Y'ALL KNEW THAT WOULD HAPPEN, BUT WERE YOU EXPECTING HOBI TO BE YOONGI'S EX????

AND V-HOPE IS GOING TO POP UP SOON (YAY)!!!