Big News

Arranged Future

FLUFFY SUPPORTIVE YOONMIN

“Well Jimin, I’d like to offer you both positions if you’re still interested,” the smiling woman told Jimin from behind her desk. Jimin stared at her with a shocked expression, “What?” he asked, “But I thought the other guy had way more experience.” 

 

The woman nodded, “He did, but his attitude . We surveyed all of the people in the trial classes you two taught and they said they liked your class better, they said you gave the class a fun and light atmosphere with your bubbly personality,” she explained.

 

“Wow,” Jimin said in amazement. “So do you want the jobs or not?” she asked him standing up and extending her hand. 

 

Jimin hopped to his feet and eagerly shook her hand, “Yes, of course I do,” he said. She nodded, “Good, welcome to the team. And between you and me, the women in the class thought you were cuter too. Cute people bring in more clients,” she told him with a wink. Jimin blushed and bowed to her, “Thank you so much,” he said before leaving.


“Yoongi-hyung,” Jimin called out in a sing-song voice, “I have big news.” He placed the small cake he bought on the counter and called out to his boyfriend again. When he was greeted with the echo of his own voice, he figured the elder wasn’t home yet. He cutely pouted, “Damn, now I have to wait,” he whined.

 

He groaned when he felt his stomach growl, “And now I’m hungry,” he mumbled to himself as he looked in their depressingly empty fridge, “and of course we have no food.” Jimin glared at the cake he just bought, “I should’ve bought real food instead of you,” he griped while angrily pointing at it. 

 

His ears perked up when he heard the front door being unlocked.

 

“Jiminnie, I have big news,” Yoongi called as he entered the apartment, his hands carrying takeout containers. A big smile covered the younger’s face, “Me too,” he said excitedly. He wasn’t sure if he was more excited about Yoongi being home, about the food he was carrying, or about being able to share his big news with him. 

 

“You go first,” the elder said as he placed the food on the floor, “I got steamed vegetables, rice, kimchi, and pork belly.”  He knew his boyfriend would be hungry, plus he wanted to celebrate his good news.

 

“Yay food,” Jimin clapped happily; food won this round. He grabbed the cake and stuffed the roll of paper towels under his arm before joining his boyfriend on the floor, “Food, food, food,” he sang out happily wiggling from side-to-side. “I’m still waiting on your news, Jiminnie,” Yoongi said as he mixed his food together. 

 

“Oh yea, I forgot,” realization dawned on Jimin as he popped a piece of pork in his mouth, “I’m employed,” he answered proudly. Yoongi nodded slowly, “Yes I know, you have like 3 jobs,” he said in confusion. Jimin rolled his eyes, “No hyung, I mean, like a real job. A good one,” he replied.

 

After a few seconds of silence, it was clear that Jimin wasn’t going to elaborate any further. Yoongi threw a balled up napkin at the younger’s face, “Care to explain what the job is?” he asked. “Right,” Jimin laughed out, “Um, you are looking at the Be Fit. Be Free Gym’s newest personal trainer-slash-hip-hop dance instructor.” Yoongi raised his brows in surprise, “Daebak, that’s a really popular gym Jimin-ah,” he said in an impressed tone.

 

Jimin grinned and nodded, “Yep,” he agreed, “I’m super excited.” “Why didn’t you say anything about applying man?” the elder asked as he stole a chunk of his boyfriend’s kimchi. 

 

Jimin shrugged, “Because I was 98% sure I wouldn’t get either of the positions. I heard about the job openings from one of my workout buddies and I just went for it. The other guy who applied had like 5 years of experience and worked over in America last year too. He was like, perfect for the job,” he replied with a shrug, “Turns out I was more personable and popular.”

 

“How did you find that out?” Yoongi asked before shoving some rice into his mouth. “We both had to teach a trial workout class. The gym co-owner surveyed all the people and they said that I have a better personality, my class was more fun, and I’m more attractive,” Jimin explained with a smile. 

 

Yoongi smiled too, “So all this time I thought you were going to the gym for fun, but you were really going there to establish your career,” he said placing his disposable chopsticks in an empty container.

 

Jimin snorted, “Career?” he asked skeptically. Yoongi nodded, “Yes. Career,” he confirmed. “I don’t know about all of that, but the pay is awesome so I can quit those other jobs and focus on this one…well these two,” Jimin corrected. 

 

Yoongi snorted this time, “Jimin, I’ve never seen you excited about going to work until now. You’re practically vibrating in anticipation of what’s to come,” he pointed out at the fidgeting younger, “You love working out and you love dancing and now you get to do both and get paid for it, sounds like a career to me.” 

 

Jimin took a few seconds to let what his boyfriend said sink in, “Hey who’s the career coach here?” he playfully asked. “I am,” Yoongi nonchalantly shrugged, “Today.” 

 

“You’re right hyung, I’ve never been more excited about going to work. I get to help people learn to dance, and workout, and help them feel better about themselves. I already love this job and I haven’t even started,” Jimin conceded, his proud eye-smile was in full effect.

 

Yoongi leaned over their empty containers and pressed a kiss to his boyfriend’s lips, “Congrats on your new positions Jiminnie. I’m proud of you,” he said as he sat back down. “Thanks,” Jimin said basking in his boyfriend’s approval. His face quickly became serious though, “Wait, didn’t you say you had big news too Yoongi?” he inquired.

 

“Compared to your news, it’s not big at all. Don’t worry about it,” the elder waved off as he opened the cake box to see what kind it was, “Chocolate cheesecake, swag.” 

 

“Please don’t do that hyung,” Jimin flatly said as he crawled closer to his boyfriend, “And I want to know about your news.” He bumped shoulders with his boyfriend and looked at him expectantly. Yoongi retrieved a slice of cheesecake and sighed, “It’s really nothing,” he denied as he bit off the tip of his cake. 

 

Jimin narrowed his eyes at Yoongi’s stubbornness, climbed into his boyfriend’s lap, and then wrapped his arms around his neck. “Park Jimin, I’m holding cake. What the hell are you doing?” Yoongi protested. “Tell me your news, Min Yoongi,” the younger demanded ignoring his boyfriend’s complaints.

 

Yoongi sighed, “If you really want to know,” he gave in. “Duh,” Jimin said smoothing down his boyfriend’s hair. Yoongi placed his half eaten cake back into the cake box, “Well I had an interview today for an advertising company, but of course the company does business with my parents’ company so they turned me down,” Yoongi told him as his hands found Jimin’s thighs.

 

“God, I hope that isn’t the good news,” Jimin said fearfully. Yoongi gave his boyfriend a stale face, “Shut up Jimin, I wasn’t finished.” Jimin nodded as the elder continued, “Luckily for me, the man who was interviewing me has a connection to the CEO of Heart and Seoul magazine. They’re looking for a new photographer. He told me that with my résumé and portfolio I have a pretty good shot of getting the job.” 

 

Jimin hugged his boyfriend tighter and rocked him back and forth, “That is so freaking awesome hyung,” he said pressing their cheeks together.

 

Yoongi wedged his hand between their faces and slightly pushed the younger away, “Nothing is for sure Jimin. I scheduled an interview and they told me I need to bring my résumé, portfolio, and a piece that I feel represents me the best,” he explained.

 

“I know you can get this job hyung, you’re an amazing photographer. Also, I’ve read that magazine and I think your style of photography fits their aesthetic perfectly,” Jimin encouraged as he reached over and grabbed his boyfriend’s forgotten slice of cheesecake, “Which picture are you going to take?” 

 

Yoongi let Jimin feed him a piece of the cake before he answered, “I don’t know Jiminnie, I want to do a new piece but I don’t know what I want the subject to be. I’ve been thinking about it all day.” 

 

Jimin popped the rest of the cake into his mouth, “Don’t worry, you’ll figure it out hyung,” he answered around the dessert in his mouth. Yoongi laughed at the younger’s bad manners, “Thanks kid,” he said gratefully. “No problem Yoongi-bear,” Jimin said smoothing back the elder’s dark hair. 

 

Yoongi pinched his boyfriend’s cheeks roughly, “Yah, I told you not to call me that.” Jimin laughed, “I’m sorry Tasty Cakes,” he replied. Yoongi rolled his eyes at the use of his other nickname, “That one’s just as terrible Jimin,” he sighed in exasperation as he released his boyfriend’s face. Jimin shrugged as he reached for another slice of cheesecake, he wasn’t the least bit sorry for the embarrassing nicknames.

 

“Should you really be eating cake Jimin? You just got a job at a gym, don’t you think that’s a little counterproductive?” the elder queried. “That’s why I’m going to eat that entire cake tonight and start fresh on Monday,” Jimin justified and then added, “I can probably get you into the gym for free so you can come to my classes.” 

 

Yoongi laughed and firmly shook his head, “The gym is not my friend. No thanks,” he rejected. He pushed Jimin onto his back and crawled on top of him, “But I can think of another way for me to get my exercise,” he hinted with an uny eyebrow waggle.

 

“You know, that would probably be very effective if I wasn’t laying between takeout garbage and half-eaten cake,” Jimin said with a look of slight disgust.