Why Won't You Say It?

Arranged Future

“Yah, Jiminnie, help me with these bags,” Yoongi breathlessly ordered as he struggled to carry all of the groceries into their home, he really didn’t want to make dual trips…that was a whole lot of work. “Jimin!” Yoongi yelled as he dropped the bags on the floor by the door he’d just kicked shut, ‘What the hell is he doing?’ He could only see the back of the younger’s head, Jimin was facing away from him looking out the apartment’s large-paned, solitary window. “Jimin?” he called again, he stepped over the groceries and slowly walked over to where the younger sat hugging his knees to his chest. 

 

He watched his boyfriend blankly stare out the window for a few seconds before he clapped his hands by his ear, “Park Jimin!” he yelled. “Huh?” Jimin asked snapping out of his reverie. He looked over at Yoongi, face unreadable, and looked back out the window. “Didn’t you hear me yelling your name?” Yoongi asked in minor annoyance; he didn’t like being ignored…well he did when he didn’t want to be bothered, but not by Jimin. 

 

“Sorry, I was thinking,” Jimin answered absentmindedly.

 

Yoongi reached over and gripped his boyfriend’s chin, “What the hell is going on with you?” he asked turning the younger to face him. Jimin pulled away from his boyfriend asking, “What are you talking about?” “I’m talking about you and how you’ve been in this weird trance like state all week,” the elder said walking around to stand in front of the window, “This is like the  4th time this week I’ve caught you staring off into space. What have you been thinking about so hard?” 

 

Jimin looked up at his boyfriend’s serious, ‘Don’t-Bull-Me-Park-Jimin’ look and sighed, “I’ve been thinking about us,” he revealed. Yoongi seemed uneasy about that response, ‘This can’t be good,’ he thought before asking, “Anything about us in particular?” “About why you won’t tell me that you love me,” Jimin answered. Yoongi was completely thrown by that statement, “What?” he asked flabbergasted, “Where is this coming from so suddenly?” 

 

Jimin stood up and went over to the pile of almost forgotten groceries by the door, “It’s not sudden, hyung,” he said scooping a couple of bags into his arms, “I’ve been thinking about this for weeks now, since our double date with Hoseok-hyung  and Taehyungie.” Yoongi chuckled in disbelief, “Of course, Hoseok,” he said with a shake of his head. He was angry now, “See, now he’s gotten all inside your head,” he accused, “I knew no ing good could come from that double date.” 

 

“This isn’t about Hoseok-hyung,” Jimin negated with a firm shake of his head. “Yes the hell it is Jimin,” Yoongi yelled waving his hands around, “I didn’t tell him I loved him, and now you seem to suddenly have a problem with it too, a problem you never had before he told you why we broke up.”

 

Jimin furiously slammed the tray of eggs he was holding down on the counter, ignoring the sound of shattering shells, and yelled back, “Well whatever the source, the fact of the matter is that you still haven’t told me you love me. I say it to you every day, why won’t you say it back?” “Why do you need to hear it every day?” the elder countered angrily. Jimin stalked over to his boyfriend leaving the abused eggs unattended, “Not every day, but at least once,” he emphasized holding up one of his stubby index fingers. 

 

Yoongi swallowed hard and took a step back, “Not once, it’s almost been a year, and you haven’t said it once. We live together. We support each other. We share everything. Why is telling me you love me so difficult?” The elder placed his hands on his boyfriend’s shoulders, “Jiminnie, you know how I feel about you, I show you every day,” he tried to assure. 

 

Jimin shook his hands off, “But why can’t you say it?” the younger stressed. “Why do I have to?” Yoongi stressed back. Jimin backed away and began to pace, “See that’s the thing, Yoongi,” he said, his expression troubled, “I shouldn’t have to make you feel obligated to say it, you should want to. It shouldn’t be this hard to say, unless you don’t love me.”

 

“What?” Yoongi asked incredulously, “How’d you come to this conclusion? Because I won’t say a 3-word sentence to you?” “Yes,” Jimin yelled in exasperation, “Because you should want to, just like I want to. I need you verbally validate your feelings for me, not just show me. I need to hear it, hyung. It may sound petty to you, but I’m giving you everything I have. All of me, but it’s starting to feel a little lop-sided. The more you resist saying it, the more I start to feel like our relationship is really just a friends with extreme benefits thing.” 

 

Yoongi was taken aback, “That’s ing insane, Jimin,” he said shaking his head. Jimin sighed and rubbed his temples, “I need to sit down,” he mumbled dropping down to the floor, he was getting a headache. Yoongi crouched down before his boyfriend, “Why does me verbally validating my feelings matter so much?” he asked softly, “Why does what I say matter more than what I do? Actions speak louder than words, right?”

 

“But actions can justify multiple meanings, hyung. I need to know if we’re on the same page. I can’t continue on in our relationship if I’m not sure of how you feel about me,” Jimin said folding his legs, “I want to be with you, I really, really do, but I can’t if I’m not confident in what we have. I hate that I’m pressuring you like this, especially since love seems to be such a difficult emotion for you, but I need to know what your feelings are for me. In order for us to move on, I have to know.” 

 

His tone was definite. 

 

Yoongi sighed and nodded, though he was uncomfortable with this entire conversation, he was willing to vacate his comfort-zone to reassure his boyfriend that their relationship definitely had a bright future. “God, I at like this Jiminnie, but I’m going to try for you,” he said mimicking the younger’s sitting position, “First let me explain to you why I haven’t said it yet.” 

 

Yet?’ Jimin mentally noted his boyfriend’s word choice, ‘At least he was planning on saying it at some point.’ He looked expectantly at his boyfriend and waited for him to continue. 

 

“It’s not that I don’t want to say it, I’ve just been waiting,” Yoongi revealed to his boyfriend. Jimin’s brows dropped in confusion, “Why?” Yoongi shrugged and pulled a loose thread from his jeans, “Until I’ve finished developing my concept.” Jimin was even more befuddled, “Concept?” he queried.

 

Yoongi nodded and explained, “To me, love is more of a concept than an emotion. It’s been since evolved into something more complex than just feelings. Love has become more of a theory; people always develop a vision of how they see love, what they think it should be. That’s what I’ve been doing, Jimin, figuring out what it means to me and since I haven’t had too many proper influences. It’s just taking me longer to develop my concept.”

 

Jimin nodded, he could understand that. He could agree that people express their love differently, it did vary from person to person. “So what does love mean to you, hyung? What concept are you developing?” he questioned curiously. Did he fit the elder’s mold? His vision? 

 

Yoongi grinned and propped his chin in his hand, “Love is when a person is willing to bend over backwards to help his boyfriend pursue a dream he wants to have, but is afraid to try. Love is when a person is willing to offer all that he has, even when it seems like he doesn’t have a lot to offer. Love is when a person does his best to support his boyfriend, even if he doesn’t fully understand why. Love is when a person is completely willing to uproot his entire lifestyle just to be with that person.”

 

Yoongi rose and knee-walked over to his boyfriend, “Jimin, love is everything you and I have; every reason I’m using to support my theory of what a healthy, loving relationship should be is coming straight from the experiences I’m gaining from our relationship. It’s what I feel all couples should strive for,” he said sitting beside his the younger.

 

Jimin smiled and looked over at his boyfriend, “Really?” he asked hopefully, 'Hyung thinks our relationship is perfect?

 

Yoongi nodded again and threw an arm around the younger’s shoulders, “I’m sorry if I made you feel insecure, Jimin,” he mumbled as he pressed their foreheads together. “Wow, you’re apologizing too?” Jimin asked in a faux-shocked voice, “Hoseok said you never did that.” “I never apologized to Hoseok because he was always wrong,” the elder joked back. 

 

Jimin laughed and said, “OK hyung, I’m feeling better. My confidence is growing again, but you still haven’t properly said you love me.” 'He's just not going to let this go' Yoongi sighed in defeat before pulling his boyfriend into a soft kiss, “I love you, Park Jimin,” he said against his lips before kissing him again. He eased the younger onto his back as he deepened their kiss. 

 

Jimin broke away from their passionate kiss to say, “Damn I should’ve recorded that.” Yoongi furrowed his brows in confusion, “Why?” he asked pushing stray dark strands out of the younger’s eyes. Jimin wrapped his arms around the elder’s shoulders and rubbed their noses together, “Because I’ll probably never hear that from you again,” he retorted followed by playfully his boyfriend’s lips. Yoongi gave his boyfriend a stale face, ‘I am so done with this kid’s ,’ he thought bitterly. “I think I’ll go put the groceries away,” he mumbled as he detangled himself from his sniggering boyfriend.

 

I FEEL LIKE YOONMIN WOULD BE THE TYPE TO HASH OUT THEIR PROBLEMS WHEN THEIR FRESH....ALSO I HAVE SOME NEWS...I'M GOING TO BE ENDING THIS FIC SOON. DON'T BE ANGRY!