On This Very Same Date

Just One Shots ~ HyunMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Created: 9/26/'11

 

 

Hyun Joong

“Now boarding, flight 180. Passengers of flight180, please proceed to gate 1.”

 

I stood up and headed to the gate. This is it. I’m going back to the place where I truly belong. Not to Seoul, but to the heart of someone I love. Ooh! I don’t even know if she loves me back or what. Well, she told me that 12 years ago. I don’t know if she still feels the same way like I do. But it doesn’t really matter now. I’m really dying to see her.

Feeling bored, I leaned on my seat as I watched the sky outside my window. A small, cute face of a 10-year old girl blocked my vision. I smiled upon seeing this. I wonder what she looks like now that she’s grown up. She must have grown beautifully like she always did. I closed my eyes as I imagined her face once more. Just the thought of seeing her, holding her in my arms once more, fixing her hair, touching her face, enjoying her scent and wiping away her tears, makes me wanna jump out of this plane and just fly on my own to reach her. I shut my eyes and just filled my brain with everything about her, until I fell asleep.

 

 

“Please check your belongings as you go. Thank you.”

 

I woke up when I heard this. I’m already here?

I grabbed my luggage and headed out of the plane. I called a cab and gave the driver the address. I know she’s not living to the place where we lived before. When I received the news that I can finally go back here, I hired private detectives to find out her whereabouts and I succeeded. I’m now going to where she is, to make up for the long lost years. I couldn’t help but smile as my heart raced.

 

 

*******************************************

 

So Min

I’m standing here on the balcony of our house as I watched the people on the street. I saw some children playing at a nearby park and some adults looking over them. I love this scene. At times, I would miss the place where I grew up. I mean, where WE grew up together. Wondering who that is? Well, just someone.

Actually, I didn’t like the idea of leaving that place. But after realizing that my foster parents are not bad at all, I eventually accepted them as my guardians. They treated me lovingly as if I’m their own daughter. Of course, something inside me tells me that I’m still not complete. And every nerve that I have inside my body fully knows that only one person could fill that incomplete spot.

I’m wondering how he looks like right now. Does he still possess the smile that could take everyone’s breath 12 years ago? Well, I’m not really sure. I closed my eyes as I sat on the rocking chair still on the veranda area. As the chair moved, thoughts about him flooded my mind. The thought of him holding me in his arms once more, fixing my hair, touching my face, enjoying my scent and wiping away my tears, made me wanna fly to wherever he is right now. I shut my eyes and just filled my brain with everything about him, until I fell asleep.

As I went deep into my slumber, memories of that night haunted me in my dreams for the hundredth time and counting.

 

~Flashback/Dream~

I became an orphan when I was 5 and was brought in an orphanage somewhere in Daegu. At first, I thought that my parents would come one day and get me. I thought it was a continuation of our vacation.

Because I kept on talking about my parents, the other children hated me. They didn’t want to talk to me. But not until a little boy, 8 years of age, approached me and said that he wanted to be friends with me. I was happy because I had someone I could consider as a friend even if he’s the only one. We practically grew up together for 5 years. We enjoyed each other’s company. He also explained to me why children were being brought to that place. It was the first time I cried because of my parents’ death. He let me cry on his shoulders.

 

“You’re a fool, little princess. You’re crying now when they left you 5 years ago.”

 

His words were still clear on my mind. Despite my grief, he still managed to make me laugh. That’s what I love about him. He seemed very cheerful. He was, as expected, a very protective friend who treated me as his little princess. We had a promise that we won’t be apart from each other, ever.

But one day, a couple wanted to adopt him which was strongly objected by the both of us. When the couple insisted, the nuns tried to separate our bodies that were hugging each other tight. We didn’t want to let go. I was crying and I cried harder when the people around us separated us successfully. “I’ll look for you, little princess!” he shouted as he was being dragged by his new dad.

I was locked to my room and he was taken by the couple. I peeked out my window to see his face just one last time so that I could recognize him easily when we see each other in the future.

 

“I love you!” he shouted as he popped his head out of the car’s window.

 

“I love you, too!” I shouted back as tears continued to fall from my eyes.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“So Min! So Min!” my mother’s voice woke me up. I slowly opened my eyes and felt them heavy.

 

“Why were you crying?” she asked me. I hugged her tightly upon remembering the dream I just had.

 

“Stop crying now, So Min dear. I know the memory is still there. But someone is looking for you downstairs,” she told me as she my hair with her hand. I pulled away from her and wiped my tears.

 

“Who is it?” I asked her.

 

“You will know when you see him,” she replied and went down. “I’ll tell him you’ll be down soon,” I heard her say before hearing her faint footsteps.

 

Him? It’s a guy? But I don’t know any guy who would visit me this time. Aish! Just go down and see for yourself, idiot! All right! All right! I’ll do it.

I stood up and headed downstairs. My eyes fixed their attention to a manly figure standing in the living room. He looked up to me and smiled. I felt my heart stopped beating as I saw that smile. How could I ever forget? That was the most wonderful smile I’ve ever seen in my entire life.

 

“Hyun Joong-ssi!” I yelled as I ran downstairs and threw myself into him. He opened his arms for me and closed it tightly as soon as I was in it.

 

“I’ll be in my room. Call me if you need something,” my mom said and went up to her room to give us some time alone.

 

 

************************************************************

 

Hyun Joong

This is the feeling that I’ve been dying to feel these past 12 years of being away from her. She recognized me easily as I saw her eyes grew wider. I wasn’t mistaken. She turned out to be a pretty young lady. Even prettier than what I’ve expected. I didn’t know how long it took us to hug each other. We just missed the feeling so much that we didn’t want to let go. Suddenly, I felt droplets of water on my shirt.

 

She’s crying? I know they were tears of joy but it didn’t change the fact that they belonged to her, and that’s what I hated the most – seeing her tears. I gently pulled her away and made her look at me. I touched her cold face and wiped the tears. “I miss you,” I told her as I tucked some hair strands behind her ear.

 

More tears went out her eyes. “I miss you, too,” she said looking up to me. I didn’t know what happened to my eyes as they shifted their gaze from her sleepy eyes to her pinkish lips. And all of a sudden, I felt my lips touching her lips. What’s this all about?

 

I didn’t think her lips were that inviting. So before she could open and accept mine, I pulled apart and sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter