Coward

Just One Shots ~ HyunMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

OH. MY. GOODNESS!

GRACIOUS!!

KILL ME NOW!

I EVEN HAD THE GUTS TO WRITE THIS ALONGSIDE THE TONS OF PAPERWORKS THAT I HAVE TO SUBMIT, DUTIES I HAVE TO GO TO, AND EXAMS THAT I HAVE TO REVIEW.

 

GIVE ME KNIVES, ROPES, BLADES.. ANYTHING I COULD USE FOR SUICIDE?!!!

 

 

ON THE SECOND THOUGHT, DON'T GIVE ME THOSE.. THE ACADEMICS WOULD KILL ME ANYWAY.

 

 

FAREWELL GRADES. GOODBYE FUTURE.

 

 

AND DON'T MIND THE ERRORS AS ALWAAAYSSSSS

 

 

 

*****************************************

 

 

 

Created: 3/11/'13

 

 

 

 

So Min

 

 

“Come! Come fast!” an exhausted Shin Ki shouted whilst running towards me.

 

 

I haven’t even stepped inside our classroom and I’m being dragged away from it again.

 

 

“What now? Where are you taking me?” I asked to the boy beside me. He was holding my right wrist so tight that it might break if I abruptly stop from running.

 

 

“To the gym! They are fighting in the gym!!”

 

 

“What—Who are?” I questioned again with heavy breaths escaping from my mouth. I wasn’t really an athletic type to begin with and running down the stairs from the fifth floor to the ground isn’t helping my endurance in any way.

 

 

 

Before he could reply, we were already in front of the gym entrance. A huge crowd greeted us along with the loud cheer.

 

 

 

“Go! Go beat him! There! That’s right! He deserves it!”

 

“More! More!! More blood please!!”

 

“Oh gosh!! Somebody stop them!!”

 

 

 

Those were the screams coming from different students around. I tiptoed so I could see a clearer view of what was happening in front of them. But all I could see were shoulders and heads.

 

 

“Here,” Shin Ki said as he cut the crowd in half. He held my wrist again and pulled me towards the front.

 

 

Now, I could see the live movie very clearly.

 

 

My throat became dry along with the paleness of my lips. My tears were threatening to fall as I stare at the scene before me.

 

 

Quickly, I ran over and went between the two guys that were beating the out of each other.

 

 

“STOP!!” I yelled to one of the guys before he could give another punch to the other.

 

 

He tried pushing me away to fulfill his action but I extended my arms sideways and kept my foot steady to where I was standing. There was no way I would let his fist land on the poor guy’s already bloody face.

 

 

“Please, stop,” I begged, biting my lip thereafter just to prevent myself from crying.

 

 

He reluctantly lowered his right fist and let out a big sigh before picking up his things on the ground. He quietly turned around end exited the gym, the people giving him a way in the middle of them.

 

 

I breathed heavily when his figure was already out of sight. What the hell did he just do? What again this time?

 

 

I turned my head to the guy and sat up to his level.

 

 

“Are you okay? Aish! Stupid question. You don’t look like it. Let’s bring you to the clinic,” I told him.

 

 

He smiled sweetly in spite of the blood dripping out from his lips.

 

 

“I’m fine, really. I can ask somebody else to help me. You're way too nice, you know.”

 

 

I nodded and smiled at him as I stood up and gathered my things. I made my way out, pushing through the middle of the crowd where he just walked out of.

 

 

I just wish his hate for me won’t worsen for what I’ve done today.

 

 

 

***********************************

 

 

Hyun Joong

 

 

“ARGHHH!!!” I mewled in frustration as I pulled my hair down.

 

 

 

I was really angry and it irritates me that I wasn’t able to give that bastard the final punch I was so dying to give. I would’ve provided him that and I’m sure it would make him lose consciousness. If only she hadn’t come to intervene.

 

 

**sigh**

 

 

It’s her again. It’s always her and I don’t freakin’ know why I seem so lost whenever I look into those eyes. There’s something in them that makes me soft inside and I couldn’t help but to obey her demands.

 

 

 

Ugh!! Why did she have to be so nice?

 

 

 

 

 

On top of that, why did she have to be my wife?

 

 

 

 

 

Yeah. My wife that I can’t even touch. That I can’t even hold in my arms like how his male friends do.

 

 

 

My wife that I secretly love but I couldn’t express.

 

 

 

I couldn’t because I don’t want to.

 

 

 

Or better stated as I couldn’t because I’m a coward.

 

 

 

Is it coincidental that her ringtone is Coward by CN Blue? Seriously. Is she trying to assault me using that song?

 

 

 

 

Arranged marriage.

 

 

 

 

That’s what we have between us. Other than calling her my wife, I have no other rights to own her heart. We’re just married through a paper. Because of an old promise. You know, typical story.

 

 

 

But I wouldn’t deny that I’ve come to love her way before the promised marriage was announced and I was joyful when I've known it, though I didn't show it to everyone.

 

 

 

 

 

I’m known to be the ultimate troublemaker in the whole campus. A graduating college student who doesn’t know how to get his head straight. What’s so good about me? What’s so adorable to make her fall in love with me?

 

 

 

 

 

Frustration. Disappointment.

 

 

 

 

 

That’s all I could feel and the only way I see to let them out is through making troubles. Live with the troublemaker label since it’s already there. And I know these activities are the very reason why she would be drifting away from me anytime soon. But those jerks are the ones who give me reason to scuffle with them.

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter