As Heart Does, Brain Does

Just One Shots ~ HyunMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Created: 8/30/'11

 

 

“Ahhh!!!!” Hyun Joong heard So Min scream with all the voice left in her. He was watching the news on the television. He thought she was already sleeping. He immediately ran upstairs to their room.

 

“What happened?” he asked her.

 

“It hurts so bad! Aahhhh!” she screamed again.

 

He tried his best not to panic and calmed himself down. “Ok, where are your things?”

 

“It’s… ahh… ouch… here…” she replied in between her heavy breaths while pointing under the bed.

 

He grabbed the bag under the bed and helped her on her feet. “Can you stand or walk? Hold on. I’ll carry you.”

 

Few minutes later, they were outside their house on the way to the car. The bag was on his shoulders while he was carrying her on his arms. He opened the passenger’s seat door and helped her sit on it. After assisting her in putting on her seat belt, he ran to the other side to hop in the driver’s seat. He put on his own seat belt and started driving.

 

“Are you all right? Please, hold on. We’re not that far,” he said while holding her hand to calm her and somewhat encourage her.

 

 

******************************

 

 

He walked here and there outside the room. He wasn’t allowed to go inside. He didn’t know why.

 

'In the dramas, husbands are allowed inside,’ he thought to himself while walking back and forth. He couldn’t find the courage to stay still and be calm.

 

“Excuse me, sir,” a young lady in white with a clip board on her hands called him.

 

“Yes?” he replied.

 

The lady smiled. “Congratulations, sir. It’s a healthy baby girl.”

 

His heart jumped out of joy with the statement. “Can I see them?”

 

“Yes, sir. You can now go inside. They will be transferred to room 316 after further monitoring and observation.”

 

He just nodded and immediately entered the room. He saw So Min lying down while holding the baby on her chest. The baby was on prone position and was quietly sleeping on her chest. She smiled upon seeing him. He walked towards them and kissed her on her forehead.

 

“Can I hold her?” he asked.

 

“Of course, you can. But you need to disinfect your hands. She’s vulnerable, you know,” she told him.

 

He gladly obeyed her and carried their baby. He couldn’t believe it. They waited nine long months for this. And the baby was made as they continued their long and passionate kiss on that Sunday morning. (remember that from the previous chapter? LOL)

 

“So...” she talked again. He looked down on her and waited for her to continue her sentence.

“…what would be her name?” she said as she finished her question.

 

They both looked at each other with all the confusion written all over their face.

 

 

******************************

 

 

“Dinner’s ready!” So Min shouted from the kitchen to make sure they heard her.

 

She saw Hyun Joong running towards her while laughing endlessly.

 

“Why did you go down alone?” she asked him.

 

“I… had… so much fun… messing up with… with… that brat…” he said in between his laughs.

 

She put her hands on her waist. “Don’t tell me you did it again?” she asked him.

 

He just nodded while trying to contain his laughter. So Min began laughing as well.

 

“Why are you also laughing?” a five-year old girl asked her with a frowning face.

 

So Min stood straight upon hearing her. She tried her best not to laugh anymore. But she couldn’t help it and she let out her big laugh.

 

“Mom! You’re supposed to help me, not make fun of me!” the girl said and stomped her feet towards them.

 

“Ok, baby Seo Jin, I’m sorry. I just can’t help it.”

 

“Why? What did dad do to my hair again?”

 

And the two of them laughed again which made the girl frown more.

 

“Honey, you should seriously look at yourself in the mirror,” H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter