Chapter 4

Best Luck

Luhan sighed as he stares at his best friend, quiet and completely focused on the book he’s reading. He poked him, disturbed him, make silly and dumb face, tries to do aegyo but the elder didn't even glanced at him at all.
 
Even though Kris was a popular basketball player at the school, sometimes he can be a nerd that everyone adore very much especially the girls. The younger has no idea why every girls finds Kris attractive, cool and handsome, but everybody still fall for him anyway.
 
Luhan groaned, leaned closer to Kris's face, just a few inches more to leaned his lip on his. He watched  the elder frowned weirdly and the younger grinned happily as he successfully get Kris's attention but it just for a while. The elder looked back to his book.

"This guy...," Luhan muttered.
 
“Yifan~," he pouted, cheeks immediately puffed and it's make him looks more cuter. “I’m bored," Luhan rolled his eyes when Kris didn’t respond. 
 
"Fine! You're the one who want me to do this," Luhan snatched the book from Kris, instantly surprising the elder. "Luhan, what are you doing? Give me the book," Kris asked gently  while trying to take the book from Luhan but the younger put it behind his back. 

"Shiro! This is your punishment for ignoring me! You're not going to get this freaking stupid book!," Luhan quickly ran away before the elder could catch him.

"Ya, Xi Luhan! You!," Kris stood up and ran as fast as he can to catch the younger who was running around the field.

"Wek!," Luhan pulls out his tongue, probably annoyed the elder with mehrong which Kris hate the most.

"Just wait, Luhan! I'm going to get you!"

"Ya, little deer! Don't run to fast!"


Kris and Luhan were sitting in the last row of the bus which was headed to their house. The younger still holds Kris's book tightly slightly pushed it away when the elder trying to grabbed it from him.

"Luhan, give me back the book. That's my book," Kris sighed heavily a little bit annoyed by the younger's behavior.

"Yeah. Whatever. Just take it," Luhan pushed the book roughly to Kris's chest. He sulkily turned around and looking to the beautiful scenery through the window. 

"Are you jealous of the book?," Kris asked making the younger rolled his eyes. He didn't respond to the elder. He's not in the mood in talking or joking around with Kris. 

"Aigoo...you're cute, Luhan," Kris chuckled while ruffling the younger's hair. He kept muttering 'aigoo' and continuously ruffled Luhan's hair.

"Don't mess with my hair and shut up!," Luhan replied angrily before pushing the elder's hand away. Kris was taken aback by the younger's sudden burst. 

Luhan stood up from the seat and pressed the bell. The driver stopped the bus near the roadside and the younger immediately walked out from the bus. 

"Wait for me, Luhan!," Kris grabbed his bag and walked toward the door. He was about to get down from the bus when the driver called him.

"He just want your attention, Yifan. That's all. Go and get him before it's too late," the driver said and Kris bowed to him politely.

The younger realized that Kris was following him from him and he fastened his pace. "I'm sorry, Luhan! Don't be mad! Please don't run away from me!," shouted the elder from behind.

Kris realized that Luhan are not going to stop anyway even though he begged or plead to him. He know Luhan might hate him from doing this but the younger himself asked for it. 

Luhan scream when Kris suddenly lift him up with bridal style. He put his hands around the elder's neck automatically, to prevent him from falling down. 

"What are you doing, Yifan?! Put me down!," Luhan yelled.

"Just hold me tightly or you're going to regret it," Kris said with his poke face and started to ran through the roadside ignoring the weird stare from the neighborhoods. 

"AH! WU YIFAN! PUT ME DOWN YOU LITTLE...AH! FORGET IT! PUT ME DOWN!"


His right hand was carrying Luhan's bag and his left hand holding the younger's small hand tightly. He watched Luhan steps on the big rock  one by one. Luhan looked up and smile to him.

Luhan smiled again and it make Kris happy. He really like to see the younger's face when he smile. The sparkling eyes and bright smile always melts his heart.

He make up with Luhan with something the younger like the most in the world and hang out at the beautiful place. Ice creams and sea shore. 

They were eating the ice creams quietly while looking at the breathtaking scene. A sunrise. But for Kris, staring at Luhan's beautiful was more enchanting to him. 

"Luhan, thank you for become my best friend," he slowly leaned to Luhan and kissed him on the cheek.

"I like you. I really love, Xi Luhan," Kris thought.


They were walking awkwardly back to their house. Side to side. Arms and hands accidentally brushing to each other. 

"Why I'm suddenly feeling cold?," Luhan thought while shyly playing with his fingers. "Em...I just want to give you this," Kris handed the book he was reading before to Luhan.

"For what? Isn't this your favorite book?," Luhan asked curiously and Kris nodded. "Yup, it's my favorite book but I want you to keep it. It will be grateful if you willing to read it too," Kris explained his real reason for giving the book to the younger.

"Okay. I will keep and read it, Mr. Wu Yifan. Anyways, thanks for today," Luhan said. "You're welcome," Kris scratched his neck embarrassedly. 

"Bye. See you at school tomorrow"

"Yeah. Bye~. See you tomorrow. Good night and have a sweet dream. Don't forget to dream of me," Kris muttered and Luhan just waved to him.


"Do you want know what I'm going to do when I grown up, Yifan?"

"What is it?"

"I want to marry you and become your lovely wife"