Birthday Special! 2 In 1

Syndrome [ 신드롬 ]

BIG NOTE: TODAY. IS. IN. FACT. OUR. LOVELY. CHUNJI'S. BURFDAYYYYYY.

 

Through what had happened the day before, the twins surely rested off well, feeling glee and happiness after what their indirect kiss meant. But what occurred the next day, is what will change the viewpoints of ChanHee himself.

 

BEEP! The alarm clock ran.

 

Of course, as well as we know, ChanHee was up and early but something seemed amiss. He was up for merely just 30 minutes rather than the usual hour. Pacing himself in the common room, he sighed and slouched down on the velveteen couch, running his hands through his deep brown hair. Today was of course, his birthday, the day he disliked the most. It was always the same, Daniel would bring a cake bought from the local bakery, he would bring one balloon and a new book. As for ByungHun, he simply never got him a gift as it was also his date of birth.

 

"ChanHee ~" Daniel sang as he stepped in, obviously hiding a box of cake behind his back along with a balloon that showed almost too obviously. "Guess what I got you~?" ChanHee sighed and rolled his eyes, showing no excitement as this aura of his differed from his usual.

 

"A balloon and a birthday cake. Gee. Thanks. Love it," He said sarcastically, showing his uncommon attitude towards the wide-eyed Daniel. The younger boy placed the box down on the glass table and tied the balloon to his wrist, sitting beside ChanHee, showing concern in his glistening eyes.

 

"Something wrong hyung?"

 

"Nono... Nothing. It's just. I'm not trying to be mean or anything but... I get the same thing every year and I'm just tired of it is all. I'm being a priss right now, I know," He threw his face into his palms and groaned at his response. Daniel, on the other hand, nodded in agreement, understanding the frustrated hyung on his birthday.

 

"It's okay hyung. I understand where you're coming from, I wish I could get you something much more meaningful, I mean, I'm just no used to getting you bought cake and a balloon for just so long that I didn't realize how you felt. If you gave me the same birthday present every year, I would be fed up with it too."

 

ChanHee looked up at him with eyes that asked, 'really?' and understood, Daniel nodded back. "Ah... Chincha? Okay... As long as you're not mad at me, I'm okay," He chuckled cutely while Daniel smiled back in return, thinking cautiously at what to do for his birthday, something better, more innovative, something he'd like.

 

It was later that day that ChanHee had already received over a billion "Happy birthday!"'s, sighing happily at the thought. It was this year that people actually said something and that was what made his day. At the lunch table, he had his head resting on his hand while the other was picking at the green peas on his plate. Though while thinking, he hadn't realized that Daniel was missing in front of him - this had NEVER happened and of course, brought worry among the brown headed child. Getting up, he felt a pair of eyes glaring at him from his peripheral vision and turned to see his twin, ByungHun giving him a slight glance before looking away quickly and meeting the eyes of the team of fan girls crowding around him... And Ricky.

Sighing, he walks away and into the hallways in the attempts to find lost Daniel. Without him, he wasn't complete.

"Ah, ChanChan-saeng!" MinSoo called out, running down to tap the younger one's shoulder. "Hey, hey! What's up?"

"I'm looking for Daniel... Do you know where he is?" He asked quickly, scanning around once more with MinSoo raising a eyebrow in suspicion, still holding onto the idea of them dating.

He shook his head but intertwined their hands together. "Come with me though, I have a present for you,"

Widening his eyes, young birthday boy ChanHee blinked twice rapidly with his thoughts flashing before him. "You're not me right?!" He yelled aloud with MinSoo quickly throwing his spare hand on his mouth and flashing glances in the halls to make sure no one heard him.

"Aish! I'm not like that! God!" He scoffed, rolling his head and then dragging him down the stairs and into the common room, stopping momentarily on the door. "Look, shut your eyes."

ChanHee looked through the glass of the door and noticed the room darkened by shut curtains and lights off. "MinSoo, I'm warning you -"

"Just shut your eyes!" He ordered and with that, ChanHee had shut his eyelids tightly afraid of getting hurt. While MinSoo lead him inside the room, he tapped him to reassure that it was okay to look. With that, in a millisecond, lights flashed on and curtains flared open with girls, MinSoo, JongHyun and Daniel himself holding out a handmade cake - with icing sloppily written across the unlayered white cream saying 'Happy Birthday ChanHee!' and a pink candy heart planted neatly on the side of the cake. Strawberries were evenly coated around the top of the cake, sliced half and half. Daniel flashed a neat smile before everyone simultaneously screamed, "Happy Birthday ChanChan!!"

With tears of joy slowly flooding the eyes of overwhelmed ChanHee, JongHyun happily smiled and looked away where MinSoo crossed his arm coolly and lay his back on the wall with a sly smile, knowing that the idea of a birthday would definitely win over the heart of once-upset ChanHee.

"I-I..." He spurted out, unable to finish his sentence with tears reaping out his eyes. It was only once in a lifetime that he, ChanHee, had a real birthday party, surrounded by loving friends and mutual ones, handmade cake and sweets and wrapped presents that brought the spirit of a memorable birthday to mist.

"Let's party!" MinSoo shouted aloud with a cup of soda in his hand, along with a billion others raising it as well.


Later on that evening, after the partying, after the cake, and after the smiles and laughters in the common room, nightfall arose and tired but still happy ChanHee and the others, went back to their dorms to sleep for the next day. As approaching his door, ChanHee sighed happily and put his back on the wall, looking down at the handmade shirt that Daniel, MinSoo and JongHyun had prepared for him. It was this that made his day, real gifts from the heart brought only happiness erupting in his big heart.

As he went inside, he noticed ByungHun, bored out of his mind, watching television, slightly looking up at the smiling ChanHee. "Where were you?" He asked with a yawn.

ChanHee pranced further inside with glee. "The dongsaengs threw me a birthday party!" He cheered.

"YOU had a BIRTHDAY PARTY?" He raised a brow, obliviously taken aback from the response.

"Yeah dongsaeng, you're not the only one who had one ~" He said in a sing-song voice, twirling around in a rolly-chair with his feet up in the air. "Oh! I forgot, I got you a birthday present!" Of course, it was the older twin who would be the one to get something for the younger and relentless twin. He got up and rushed to his desk, opening it up and pulling out a small, sloppily wrapped present. "I know you don't like jewelry and all but I figured getting a man ring or something with your name engraved on it would be best..." He shyly said, holding out the small wrapped box in front of glistening ByungHun.

"That must've cost a fortune though..." He responded back, slowly unwrapping and holding out the silver, think ring that had a ruby on it as it was his favorite type of stone. "It's... It's nice..." He said while blinking rapidly, unsure of what to really say - how would you describe it? He was simply at a lost at words or better yet, dumbfounded. "I-I'm sorry I didn't get you anything..." ChanHee's expression didn't change, he expected so. "B-But I... I thought of one just now for you..."

"Eh? What do you mean?"

"Close your eyes..." ByungHun swallowed.

=======================================================================
It's October 5th! If you didn't know, it's the birthday of HelloKitty_Andro/Christina! <3

Unnie, after so much, I can't believe how much we've gone. From girls playing with balloons and riding out barbie scooters like there was no tomorrow was truly something to remember. To this day, I can't thank you enough for listening and consoling me when I needed it. Hopefully, my letter will arrive in time just for your birthday.

Even though you think your writing is crappy, our readers love it and I'm publicly posting this because I know both I and our readers truly love you for the stories. I'm glad I got to collab with you because if I didn't, this letter wouldn't be possible aloud - surprise, surprise! hehe ~  To my wifey, my unnie, and most importantly, one of the most treasured people who has made the biggest difference in my life, happy birthday!

C.A.P. - Happy Birthday Girl! ;D

L. Joe - Happy birthday ay! -wink wink-

Niel - FELIZ COMPLEANOS MI AMOR. -throws confetti-

ChunJi - HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYYYYY ~ :D To you and me both! ^-^

ChangJo - Wassup gurlfran? ;D You enjoyin' today? Gurl you know you be bigmackin' today. <3

Ricky - HAPPY BURFDAI MUMA. <3333333