Taking Beats Waiting

Syndrome [ 신드롬 ]

ByungHun forced his head to turn with a twitching smile, facing the rambunctious and lovely boy known as Ricky. He began to throw chairs in his head as the boy across the hall was running towards him with a wide and scary smile that haunted the dreams of ByungHun. 'Calm down ByungHun... Think of a way to lose him...' He sighed and braced himself for the hug of his life.

 

"BYUNGHUN ~" Ricky cutely yelled out, throwing himself onto the carrot-haired boy, swinging his arms around his neck and snuggling up on his chest. "I missed you!" He rapidly blinked. The lovely boy shot a flashing smile that disgusted ByungHun nearly to the point where he would want to vomit from the 'aegyo' that his boy exerted.

 

ChanHee swallowed his jealousy and tears but it wasn't enough where he had shot a frown and glistening eyes. Ricky had always tried to take ByungHun away, hugging him, talking to him, and even tried to steal pecks off his chicken lips as often as he could. Through all this, ByungHun couldn't dare to hit him for it because in the exterior of his heart, he had no intentions of hurting anyone physically despite the coldness he exerts. There were times where ChanHee himself would think that ByungHun had some feelings for the stalker boy which had always panged his heart.

 

"AISH. Ricky!" ByungHun peeled him off with an irritated look. "Stop trying to hug me all the time! It's annoying! I have to get to class, too... So just off." He scoffed. ByungHun flared his nostrils as the innocent ChanHee watched with a hurt face. Ricky pouted.

 

"Awh, yeobo ~ Don't act like you don't love it. Besides, we're heading the same way. Let's sit together!" The lovely boy cheered and posed cutely. He took a hold of ByungHun's hand and dragged him quickly to their next room downstairs with ChanHee left behind.

 

'Why can't you set him straight ByungHun... ? Or is it that you have some feelings for him that prevent you from doing so...?' He thought quietly with tears forming at the waterline of his eye. After countless times of hugs and pecks from the guy, it's only natural that ChanHee would breakdown soon but he had prevented himself from doing so now. "Time to go to class..." He said aloud to no one in particular. Daniel had peeked from the corner with eyes locked on the heartbroken zombie that continued to walk on his own to class where forced couple Ricky and ByungHun were. He had pushed his bottom lip up, sadden by the ChanHee that was out of his sight.

'Aish... ChanHee... You need to make a move soon. You keep on hesitating. You wait, and you try to get close to ByungHun slowly, but Ricky did everything he could to get close to him. He's taking action to get his attention and he never fought you for him. So in the end, you'll lose him. You try to act cool, take time, think you're getting there, but in the end, waiting can't beat taking.'

 

"Byung yeobo ~" Ricky shoved a chocolate strawberry into ByungHun's mouth with a sweet smile. "Do you like it?" The enraged carrot boy chewed and swallowed, disgusted that he was just fed by such a guy but he did like sweets, chocolate strawberries in particular.

 

He slowly nodded, sighing at such disgrace. But there were times that ByungHun had to thank Ricky for. Ricky always took the time to do everything for him, whether it's to listen to some troubles or to simply run an errand, he loved him enough to devote every second to ByungHun.

 

ChanHee watched from afar the gourmet lunch room - or dining hall. He picked at his peas for nearly a half an hour now, glancing occasionally at the table where his twin and Ricky sat. He sighed once more, as this was the usual schedule for them. ByungHun never sat the table where his twin sat and it stayed at that standard for all of their high school lives. Daniel had eyed the ChanHee in front of him with a cold stare. "You'll have to tell him eventually of how you feel." He spurt out.

 

"Aish, I know... But how? He has Ricky to love him and give him the attention he wants -" Daniel had cut him off.

 

"But would you rather know for sure or wait until Ricky fully has him in his grip? I don't know a lot about love but... Waiting can't beat taking," He slanted his lips and sighed at the depressed ChanHee. "It's hard to see you like this you know. You'll have to tell him eventually - I don't know how you feel but... It's hurting you and I both."

 

ChanHee looked up from his plate of food and stared into the meaningful eyes of Daniel which had brought him slight courage. 'Waiting can't beat taking...' He had recited in his head, lighting a small fire in his broken heart.

 

"Let's go out for some rice cakes, yeah? Much tastier than peas, mashed potatoes and fried chicken, yeah?" Daniel cheered, shooting a half-smile at the boy, hoping that it would get his mind off of his twin. ChanHee nodded, throwing his plate in the garden and then heading out the red wine and gold encrusted doors and out to the rice cake shop across the street of their school. On another note: ByungHun had watched the two get up and leave, slightly frowning at the absence of his brother. He was always out with Daniel, the rice cake shop was their sacred meeting spot where those two had quality chats of their favorite books and novels, movies or sweets. It was the sameness that Daniel carried that made him seem like the twin rather than ByungHun himself. 'Do I have to be like you for you to be more with me?' He asked himself, drumming his fingers on the velvet table.

 

Ricky had noticed his eyes locked on the door in which Daniel and ChanHee had stepped themselves out to. He frowned and shook the contemplating ByungHun. "Yeobo~!" He said in a sing-song voice. "What're thinking abouttt?" He leaned close.

 

ByungHun moved his shoulders and shook his head. "Nothing," He coldly answered, pushing himself back into the thought of how to get him and ChanHee to become closer. 'Of course, to do that, Ricky needs to be put somewhere else...' "Let's go visit Auntie JongHyun and Uncle MinSoo!"

 

 

Later on after, Ricky had frolocked along the halls and into Wing A where the dormatory of MinSoo and JongHyun were. "Knock knock!" Ricky called out cutely, jumping up and down as it was the first time that ByungHun had actually went with Ricky somewhere intentionally. MinSoo had groggily opened the door as during lunch was the time that he would nap in his room.

 

"WHAT?" He bellowed in anger with his right eye twitching from the array of light that had hit his face. Youngest boy JongHyun had peeked his head out from the door with a water bottle in his hand. "You talk to them," MinSoo said, walking out and into the common to get 'quality' sleep. JongHyun had shooed the two inside and leaned against the opposite wall as the others had sat on the bunk bed.

 

"What do you guys need?" He asked with a tilted head.


"Well... Can you take care of Ricky while I dye my hair?"

 

"DYE YOUR HAIR?" Ricky shook in disbelief. "What color?"

 

"Blonde, gonna bleach ~" He responded.

 

"Uh... Okay..." - Was all JongHyun could say. "I have some bleach in that cabinet," He said while pointing to the computer desk. "I was going to pull a prank on hyung by bleaching his hair tomorrow morning but you can use it, I'll just get some more at the local pharmacy," He added. "Good luck ~"
 

==============================================

Bad chapter, yeah? D: Aish. Rushing. Again.

- Apple