Plan and Pay

Syndrome [ 신드롬 ]

ChanHee had slowly shut his eyes, unaware of what was going to happen. Even with a brain as smart as his, he only relied on pure knowledge rather than knowing his smarts outside the fields of school, simply saying, his oblivion level is about of a squirrels. ByungHun on the other hand, swallowed and tilted his head back to relieve his stress and nervousness. After, he took another deep breath, still leaving shut-eyed ChanHee clueless. He began to lean in, cringing, his hands sweating for the first time. Ladies, ByungHun is ACTUALLY nervous. Slowly, inching closer to ChanHee, he couldn't allow himself to plant his lips against his brother's, in fact, he stayed just about an inch away from ChanHee's face, shaking his head and moving his lips left, planting a small peck on his cheek rather than lips. 'Brother's can kiss on the cheeks right?' He thought quietly, retreating about a millisecond later, trying to observe the open-yet-wide-eyed ChanHee in front of him.


"Happy birthday," He said with a slightly cold tone. It wasn't intentional when in deep thought, it would turn out that way. Before ChanHee could even response, he got up and walked away into the hall and into the common room, thinking of staying there for the night. 'I can't even look at ChanHee now... Why did I do that?!' He ran threw his hair messily, causing it to flip up and down, side to side in the craziest fashions. This, again another first time, he was stressed. He plopped himself on the velvet couch and threw his head back on the silk pillow on the edge.


Chanhee, who was still at the biggest loss of words, found himself staring at the ceiling while his arms and legs were messily spread on the bed, bringing up one hand to his cheek, still trying to process what had just happened. He sighed and turned over, tired. Even though something like that just happened, why did ByungHun just storm off like that? The older boy sighed once more, slowly letting his gentle eyelids fall down, and minutes later, he was in dreamland.


The next morning, ChanHee walked around his dorm, noticing that ByungHun was still gone. Concerned, he went to the library as it was his and Daniel's regular meeting spot. Daniel, who was already reading ahead into another book regarding the storybook version of 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'. He momentarily stopped when ChanHee began to walk towards him, placing his scented bookmark inside, politely putting his hands together and sat politely as it was a good habit of his. ChanHee on the other hand, slouched over the table buried his head in his arms. Concerned, Daniel pokes him with wide brown eyes, blinking rapidly of what to say.


"ByungHun gave me a peck yesterday... On the cheek..." He sighed before continuing. "Then he stormed off... I'm SUPER about the kiss thing but... He... He seemed so angry... As if he was forced to do it,"


Daniel blinked while contemplating a solution (or rather theory) to this and lightly tapped his palm with his fist. "I think, he felt bad that he did it. We know ByungHun, no one forces him to do anything, except Ricky, but Ricky obviously wouldn't want that. I'm sure he scoffed because of your brotherly relationship. He seems like the kind of guy that would ruin him over. I mean, it took me a while for you to get over it... But you're STILL not. Twins, ChanHee. That's one characteristic that you two share other than your large range of intelligence," He nodded with his eyes closed, trying to act all smart and what-not. ChanHee, who caught this, rolled his eyes and chuckled. The theory DID seem realistic though.


ChanHee had nodded in return. "I guess so.... But, the thing is, WHY out of all types of presents in the world did he pick to give me a peck on the cheek?" He had tilted his head cutely with his bottom lip sticking out. Daniel looked away momentarily, obviously annoyed by the aegyo this boy exerted.


"Maybe he likes you,"


"IMPOSSIBLE!" ChanHee revolted, throwing himself off the chair and pointing an accused finger at wide eyed Daniel. The librarian though, looked over at their direction and shushed him, unexpectedly, NOT annoyed. She knew they were good kids, handsome too. Looks like we got ourselves a pedo librarian. FAN GIRLS. GET HER.


ChanHee had nodded back, with an apologetic face, symbolizing his pure innocence and angel-like manner.


Daniel whispered back. "Hey, I know a guy who can confirm this,"


Later on that day, ChanHee was left alone, throughout class and lunch, Daniel was off to find out if ByungHun really liked him. Older boy ChanHee though, had his doubts.


"What do you mean!?" MinSoo scoffed, pacing around his room with a doubtful face. Daniel sighed, explaining the complication for nearly the SIXTH time already.


"CHANHEE. LIKES. BYUNGHUN. HELP ME FIND OUT," He failed his arms in the air with a 'GET IT NOW?' face. His eyes were wide, his eyebrows were furrowed down and his left eye apparently was twitching from disbelief.


MinSoo on the other hand, finally understood. "OOOOOOH ~ Well, aren't you guys like... A thing?"


"Huh?"


"Aren't you and ChanHee together or something?" He asked with a slight change of a disappointed tone towards the end of his question. Daniel quickly shook his head, so fast it blurred!


"No way! We're just friends, I assure you," He tried his best to persuade him in doing so. "But anyway, will you help me?"


"Oh, yeah sure," He turned away to hide a slight smile. "You need to do me a favor FIRST ~" He said in a sing-song voice.


Daniel widened his eyes. This can't be good...