Chapter 4

Love is Blind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

“are you ing kidding me!” Yunho yelled. He threw the first thing he got in his hand which happened to be a vase. “what gives you the right to accept a job for me?”

“what gives me the right is we are going to be married!” Ara shrieked.

“Exactly! ‘Going to’ , we aren’t married. You don’t go about making decisions for me not now nor after we get married.”

“so I should just be the trophy wife that does everything her bread-winner husband says?” Ara crossed her arms on her chest and raised a well-shaped eyebrow as if she didn’t do anything wrong.

“oh believe me, go Ara, you're no trophy.” Yunho chuckled but there was nothing remotely funny about his tone, “in fact, I’ll spare us the trouble. We’re done.” Yunho picked up his already packed bags and strutted to the door.

“hmpf! Like hell we are!” Ara scoffed and Yunho halted mid step, “you always come back.” She said with attitude, “You can go now, cool off and I’ll be waiting here for you to come back like you always do.”

“not this time Ara.” Yunho opened the door, “I’m breaking the cycle. You and I are no longer in a relationship. Goodbye!” and he left after slamming the door shut that caused the picture on the wall beside the door to fall and the glass shattered on contact with the granite floor. Ara picked up the broken frame and held it. It was a photo of the two of them on their first anniversary, smiling in each other’s arms. She realized they haven’t been like this at all lately. The cracked glass across the photograph was what their relationship had become.

“it really is over.” She whispered with tears in her eyes.

 

Yunho drove aimlessly. His mind was playing the same frustrating scene over and over again. He was packing up his stuff because they would be leaving in a week and Yunho never kept things pending till the last minute. He wanted to utilize the free time for some sight-seeing before he returns to his home-country. On the day of graduation ceremony, Yunho had met Ara’s parents who said that they had spoken with Mr Jung about Ara’s and his marriage. Yunho went along with it because he felt that it was natural to get married to the woman he dated for 4 years. The plan was to return to Seoul, take over his father’s law firm and get married in 4 months. Ara however, had other plans.

She had taken up the offer of one the leading law firms in Washington. Ara, being the egocentric woman she is, put forth the condition that she would only take up the job if Yunho would be given a position in the firm as well. The partners at the firm were more than happy to do so. They would have offered Yunho the position without Ara’s condition if it hadn’t been for Yunho making it clear that he was going to practice in South Korea and not in the US. Ara though, went about it without consulting Yunho and thought he would just follow her willingly.

She didn’t count on Yunho packing his bags in preparation for leaving next week. So she burst out that she wanted him to work with her in Washington. Yunho refused, they fought and Yunho left with his already packed bags for good this time.

Yunho parked his Mercedes at a curb and froze.

He had driven to Central Park and he didn’t even know how.

On auto, he stepped out of the vehicle and walked inside the park. His feet automatically carried him to a place he frequented and his movements were arrested.

Realization dawned on him. He had come to this place because he wanted the comfort of a certain person.

A certain person he hadn’t seen in a week.

Yunho broke into a run. In 5 minutes, he was in his car and driving to Jaejoong’s apartment.

 

“Jae! Jae! Open the door!” Yunho banged on the door repeatedly. His heart raced with each passing second and he was getting frantic.

He heard the click of a door and looked happy but his face immediately fell when he realized it was not the door he was knocking on that opened, but the next door neighbour’s.

“you looking for the blind girl?” Yunho nodded, “well, you're about a day too late. She left yesterday.”

“left?”

“yup! A bunch of peo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter