Chapter 2

Love is Blind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

“Where were you?”

Yunho stepped into a dark apartment and was greeted by Ara, sitting on the couch with an ominous expression on her face. For a brief moment, the setting from a drama movie made it difficult to absorb Ara’a question.

“I asked you where you were, Jung Yunho?” she raised her voice and Yunho was broken out of his stupor.

“Out with a friend.” Yunho replied coolly, looking straight in her eyes challenging her to contest it.

He wasn’t going to tell her that he had stayed with Jaejoong beyond the usual time they spent after Yunho would finish his class. He wasn’t going to tell he met Jaejoong, period.

Ara was the jealous and possessive kind, especially since she knew Yunho was quite the head turner and the heartthrob of their campus. Yunho was fully aware of her nature and still loved her despite this being one of the reasons for his many fights with her. But he wouldn’t make the mistake of telling her about Jaejoong. He would go to meet her after telling Ara that he was meeting his father’s friend here in New York and she believed him. If she came to know he was meeting the young music student of Juilliard every evening she would undoubtedly demand that Yunho stop seeing Jaejoong and Yunho didn’t want that. He liked Jaejoong. She was like a breath of fresh air in his world full of lawyer wannabes.   

Jaejoong had asked Yunho to accompany her to meet with Park Yoochun. Since the day she signed the deal, Yunho was spending time in her small apartment, listening to her composition and helping her with smoothening some rough edges. He was glad that he had learnt guitar in high school. He felt useful helping the blind musical prodigy.  

“your mother called.” Ara said with the same stiff tone, like she always did when Yunho’s parents’ topic came up. She was not attached to her parents as much so the close familial bond Yunho believed in so much was beyond her understanding.

“oh! What did she say?” Yunho softened a bit at the mention of his mother.

“she just wanted to speak to you. She wouldn’t even leave a message. Does she hate me or something?” Yunho wanted to say that Ara wasn’t his mother’s ideal choice of partner for her son, but stayed his tongue. Jaejoong had told him that he has a tendency to speak without thinking and is one of the many reasons for his fights with Ara.

“she doesn’t hate you, she just doesn’t warm up to a person she hasn’t met personally. Talking on skype doesn’t count. Dad’s the same.” Yunho explained.

“fine, we can meet personally next month when we graduate. Let’s go out. I don’t feel like sitting at home today.” Yunho didn’t even get a chance to protest because Ara had dragged him out of their apartment.

 

“do we really have to go to such a place?” Yunho gestured wildly at the exquisite restaurant they were sitting in.

“what’s wrong in eating in a Michelin star restaurant for once? It’s not like we can’t afford it.” Ara retorted.   

“did you think that unlike you, I don’t like to waste my parents’ money even if they earn enough to feed me at a Michelin star restaurant every day?” Yunho whispered when the waiter arrived.

“don’t do this now Yunho. I won’t fight with you here.” Ara whispered back and smiled at the waiter as if nothing happened as she gave her order. Yunho ordered for himself and left for the washroom.

When Yunho left the washroom, he wasn’t looking where he was going and crashed into a lady who left the ladies room.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t see-”

“no it’s my- Yunho?” Jaejoong realized the familiar person’s scent.

“Jaejoong, what are you doing here?” Yunho asked once he realized that he really bumped into Jaejoong.

“Yunho, oh my god! Thank goodness you're here. I’m going to die of embarrassment. I can’t even bring Vick in here and I’m so lost. I don’t know what to do.” Jaejoong was nearly in tears by now.

“calm down J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter