Chapter 5

Love is Blind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

6 months later

“can I open my eyes now?”

“not yet.” Junsu said as she pulled the blanket to cover the head of the new born baby boy as a cold draft blew through the open corridor. She was standing beside Jaejoong making sure the 20 year old mother doesn’t ruin her surprise. In front of them, was Yoochun fumbling with the complicated mechanism that is a door.

“damn this stupid technology!” Yoochun cursed at the high security locking mechanism. He almost broke into a jig when he finally managed to open the door after 15 minutes of struggle. “okay, Jae you can open your eyes now.”

And Jaejoong opened those large doe-eyes and was stunned. She found herself standing in a massive fully-furnished apartment on the topmost floor. The white, French-style windows were overlooking the Seoul sky line and the interiors of the house of were done in a red and white colour scheme.

“nyaa~!” the baby mewled in Junsu’s arms.

“aw! I think Minnie needs a change.” Junsu cooed at him while bambi eyes looked at her chubby face. “let’s get you to your new room, shall we Minnie?” and Junsu disappeared into one of the bedrooms.

“why don’t you explore the house?” Yoochun nudged Jaejoong towards the small corridor where the rooms were. Jaejoong didn’t need to be told twice. She was like an excited teenager who went about a new place.

She let out excited giggles when she saw the luxurious bathroom, the sound-proof music room with a grand piano, a purple-themed bedroom and the baby room decorated in hues of blue. The baby boy was already changed and placed in his crib where he was kicking and grabbing for his favourite teddy bear perched on the wall of the crib. Jaejoong walked to baby and placed the toy near him. Her son grabbed the stuffed animal the moment it was within reach.

“Kim Changmin, it almost feels like you love the toy more than your mother.” Jaejoong son. Changmin back by blowing raspberries and giggling. “yup, you're too smart for my good.” She meant that to be playful but why were her eyes smarting with tears? “not again.” She muttered as she rubbed her eyes harshly. Her child had quietened down, much like he always did when his mother was having an emotional moment. The 4 month-old infant was exceptionally smart and perceptive.

“everything okay?” Yoochun leaned on the door.

“yeah, Minnie loves his new room.” Jaejoong mentally gave herself a standing ovation for saying a straight sentence without choking or sobbing. She had mastered the art over the months since Changmin was born.

“I’m glad he does.” Yoochun walked in, “and you?”

“it’s beautiful. Where’s Junsu?” Jaejoong found it weird to address Junsu as unnie and Yoochun as oppa as they were only 5 years older than her, same as Yunho. That however didn’t mean that she thought of them anything less than family.

“. She’s getting dinner ready. Next door, in our apartment”

“your apartment? Then this place?”

“is yours and Changmin’s.” Yoochun saw that Jaejoong was about to protest so he cut in, “this is Junsu and my present for our sister and nephew. Also a bribe for getting selected as Godparents.”

“I already chose the both of you as Godparents. No need of bribing.”

“just accept it, okay? And I’ll see you tomorrow at our new office.”

“the both of you do so much for me. How can I make it up to you?”

“I don’t know about Junsu, but you can make it up to me.” Jaejoong quirked an eyebrow when Yoochun checked if there was anyone listening in on their conversation. He whispered theatrically, “help me pick an engagement ring for Junsu.”

Changmin giggled when his mother squealed at the revelation.

 

1 year later

“I’m home!” Jaejoong entered the apartment that resembled hers but could be distinguished by the modern furnishing. Junsu liked the contemporary style for her house while Jaejoong preferred to keep the French-style interiors her house had originally.

“hey, look Umma is here!” Junsu came out of the kitchen bouncing an excited toddler.

“Ma~! Ma~! ” Changmin was leaning heavily from Junsu’s hold and was about to fall but Jaejoong caught him.

“aw, Minnie! You almost fell.” Junsu cooed the baby who was nuzzling his mother’s neck. Junsu put a comforting hand on Jaejoong’s arm, “don’t worry, he’s okay.” She whispered to Jaejoong who looked like she had just seen a ghost. This was always the case every time Changmin has an accident or an almost-accident. Jaejoong becomes self-deprecating and shuts down. Yoochun or Junsu and sometimes Changmin are the ones who have to shake her out of her stupor. “where’s my husband? Junsu asked.

Jaejoong came to her senses and cradled Changmin closer who had started to doze off in her arms, “he disappeared around lunch time. He said he had to meet someone. Haven’t seen him since.”

As if on cue, the front door opened and Yoochun’s voice echoed.

“Suie, Joongie, guess who’s here!”

“Park ‘awesome’ Yoochun!” the girls said without even bothering to leave the kitchen and greet him. This was his usual thing with Changmin. Yoochun would say ‘who am I’ or ‘guess who’ and answer it himself with Park ‘awesome’ Yoochun and Changmin would whine.

“yeah, thanks for the intro ladies, but I wasn’t talking about me. Come out and see our guests.”

Junsu and Jaejoong entered the living room with Changmin sleeping in Jaejoong’s arms, dead to the world. The two of them were wide-eyed by the presence of familiar face.

“Dr Choi!” Jaejoong exclaimed.

“call me Siwon. You're not my patient anymore.” And the ophthalmologist proceede

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter