Never His Fault

Love Means Loving You And Being Loved Back

Sungjong felt the world stopped for a moment. All he could see was the necklace dangling from Myungsoo’s fingers, shining brightly under the room ceiling light. Thousands of questions were flooding through his head: Why is the necklace with Myungsoo? How did Myungsoo end up with the necklace? Why was Myungsoo walking towards his bed? Why was Myungsoo taking out his necklace box underneath his pillow? How did Myungsoo know it was hidden there? Why was Myungsoo walking towards him with his eyes filled with… an unknown emotion?

 

Sungjong snapped out of his thoughts when Myungsoo was just kneeling right in front of him, their faces inches away. Sungjong’s breath hitched and scrambled backwards with his hands and legs like a spider, till his back hit the cupboard door.

 

“W-why do you have my necklace?” Sungjong stuttered, trying to move back even more although he was already colliding with the cupboard as Myungsoo kneel-walked towards him, the necklace dangling around his neck and the other still in the box he was holding.

 

“You mean a necklace meant for ME?” L replied with a question. Smiling slightly as he saw Sungjong turned his head away, a blush evident on his cheeks.

 

“N-no one said it was meant for y-EEP!” Sungjong squeaked when Myungsoo suddenly lunged forwards, wrapping his arms tightly around the maknae’s petite waist and snuggling into his chest. Myungsoo smirked when he could hear Sungjong’s heartbeat increased rapidly.

 

Sungjong was completely stunned by Myungsoo’s actions. What happened to Myungsoo? Why was he acting like that? The maknae tried to push the visual away, but could only gasp when he felt the other’s grip around his waist tightened.

 

“What are you doing?” Sungjong was getting infuriated. Why the freak was L hugging him like as though nothing happened? Why was he giving him those wrong messages again and bringing his hopes up?

 

“Hugging you.” L replied simply.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because I want to.”

 

“Don’t think you can always do what you please, Kim Myungsoo. Be cold one day, then sweet another. Seemed to care about that night’s incident, and then acting like nothing had happened the next second.” Sungjong retorted, still trying to pull out of the hug.

 

… silence filled the room…

 

“Does that bother you?” Myungsoo spoke.

 

“YES, yes it does!! You bring my hopes up and destroyed them the next second. You seemed like you cared, and then you didn’t. WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!” Sungjong pushed L this time with all his might, and managed to break loose from the visual’s hug. Running out of the bedroom, he ignored the shout for his name; he knocked a groggy Sungyeol over in the hallway, and headed out of the dorm.

 

Sungyeol who was groaning and rubbing his was about to open his mouth to ask what had happened, only to be silenced by Myungsoo’s don’t-you-dare-ask glare as he grabbed two coats from the hanger and ran out of the dorm door, obviously after the other.

 

Sungjong shivered as he rubbed his arms. He should really remember to take his coat whenever he runs out of the house. He was there, again. He had no idea why he kept returning to this place; the spot under the tree, the spot facing the crystal clear lake. It was filled with so much sorrow, stained with tears and heartfelt words.

 

Sungjong took a deep breath of cold fresh air. He wondered why he was still so upset over that fateful night. It had already been so long ago… Was it really L’s fault for bringing back all those painful memories once again?...

 

Perhaps it had never been Myungsoo’s fault at all… maybe,

 

It had always been Sungjong’s fault for not being able to let go.

 

Sungjong felt a jacket placed on his shoulders. Pulling it closer to himself, he sighed and turned towards the figure who had sat down beside him. “Sungy-” Sungjong jumped back in surprise, shocked to be facing a seemingly irritated Myungsoo instead of who he had expected.

 

“Were you expecting Sungyeol instead of me?” Myungsoo mumbled. Sungjong looked away and shifted himself further away from the latter, only to feel the visual shift closer to him.

 

“Stop it. Go away.” Sungjong burst out.

 

“No.”

 

“Why not?! Leave me alone!!” Sungjong wailed, turning his body till his back was facing Myungsoo, looking out to the lake from another angle.

 

Suddenly, he felt something cold around his neck; he wanted to turn around but paused immediately when he felt warm hands touching the back of his neck. Ready to yell at his hyung again, Sungjong felt the cold chain against his chest. Looking down, the young man spotted his own necklace, the necklace with the other half of the heart, the emblem with the word “랑” engraved on it…

 

“Wha-” Turning round to question the visual’s actions, Sungjong was silenced immediately as he felt warm lips on his. The maknae’s eyes widened.

 

Sungjong was silenced by Myungsoo’s kiss.

 

 

TBC...

 

 

A/N: AHHHH CRAPPY CRAPPY CHAPTER!!! this fic should be ending in the next chappie!! *unless i decided to extend the storyline with more of my crazy ideas* sorry for not updating for so long!! MY EXTENDED CURRICULUM IN SCHOOL IS FINALLY OVER XDXD!!! but i still can't update as often as i have a programme for the whole of next week and it ends pretty late *PLUS i have like... TONS of homework. @$@#%@#$@#$* T-T SO SORRY!!! i will update my other fic maybe tomorrow or sunday!! i will try my best to update often.  DO COMMENT!!! and subscribe :DD *WOW 79 SUBS! (touched)* lovelove~