A Love That Is Still Not Known

Love Means Loving You And Being Loved Back

Gyuri : I really like them

 

Woohyun : Our L also likes Gyuri noona sunbaenim. Really like.

 

Gyuri : Really? Do you want to be mine?

 

L : *grinning happily* I'd like to! I'd like to!

 

Sungjong wiped away the tears that unknowingly trickled down his cheeks as he recalled the earlier conversation during Shimshimtapa... No, don't cry stupid sungjong, crying wouldn't change a thing. But the tears just wouldn't stop. Panting slightly as he tried to catch his breath from all the pain he felt from his heart and choking on his tears, the maknae hadn't notice the door opening and closing.

 

"Sungjong? What's wrong?"

 


 

 

The maknae immediately wiped away his tears when he spotted his roommate standing right beside his upper deck bed on the ladder, his eyes filled with concern and shock at the broken state of his dongsaeng. “I-it’s nothing, Sungyeol hyung…” Sungjong smiled weakly before he grabbed his white fluffy bear beside him and hugged it close, burying his face in its fur.

 

“Don’t lie.” Sungyeol pulled the big stuff toy away from the weeping boy, watching as tears started to fall out of his eyes once again, staining the young boy’s shirt. Sungyeol softened a bit at what he saw, patting Sungjong’s head soothingly.

 

“Tell me. You know Hyung will always be here for you.”

 

Sungjong sniffed when he heard those words, slowly making eye contact with the black hair man who had moved to step on Hoya’s bed instead of the ladder to move closer to the maknae, his arms resting on his bed, a reassuring smile plastered on his face.

 

“Hyung…” “Hmmm?~”

 

“What will you do if you fall for someone you shouldn’t?” Sungjong whispered out the last few words of his question, grabbing for his stuffed bear again. But Sungyeol managed to catch everything he had said.

 

“What makes you think you can never be with her?” Sungyeol questioned, resting his right hand on the head of the maknae who had placed his chin on his stuff toy’s head. Sungjong flinched at the question he was asked. That’s the problem… it’s not a “she”, but a “he”.

 

Sungyeol seemed to have read his thoughts as he continued his sentence. “Ahhh… hang on… I think I get it. You should know that gender doesn’t matter in love.” Sunjong looked up in surprise, but Sungyeol seemed indifferent, like he was okay with all this. “I-I-I…” Sungjong gave up in trying to deny his gender preference, knowing he can never win the headstrong elementary school kid, “He loves someone else…”

 

Silence flowed through the dimly-lit room, as Sungyeol took a moment to think. The only source of light was the small lamp on the wall beside Sungjong, as Sungjong lay back down on his bed, shifting his body till he faced the wall. The maknae knew that even though Sungyeol had the knowledge that he was in love with a guy, he was sure his hyung had no idea who “the guy” was.

 

“It’s okay hyung, don’t worry about me. I’ll get over it.” I hope. Sungyeol was about to retort after hearing how dejected his dongsaeng sound, but was interrupted by the entrance of Hoya and the other members.

 

“I’m dead tire- YAH LEE SUNG YEOL GET YOUR STINKING FEET OFF MY BED!!” Hoya boomed and both the boys jumped at the loud shout, while Woohyun sniggered. Sungyeol shifted himself till he was standing on the ladder again, his hands resting on Sungjong’s bed.

 

“Hey you two, wanna go grab some snacks with us? Hoya is too lazy to follow along, so let’s just leave him here.” Sunggyu stuck out his tongue at the dancer who had plopped himself onto his own bed, falling asleep almost immediately. Turning to see the maknae’s back facing him, Sungyeol sighed and shook his head. “Nah, I’m not hungry. Sungjong is tired too.”

 

“But you just said you were STARVIN-“ Dongwoo shut his mouth the moment he spotted Sungyeol’s glare, and started pushing the other members out of the room. Sunggyu shrugged as he headed out. Myungsoo, who had been having the best mood out of them all that night, peered over at the top bunk where Sungjong was, his eyebrows furrowed slightly as his mind was slowly filled with worry. What happened to his best friend? He hadn’t been himself ever since the radio show ended…

 

And just as Dongwoo was about to close the door, Myungsoo spotted Sungyeol making his way up the bed, to Sungjong’s bed.What the hell is he doing?! L shouted in his mind. But before he could do anything, the bedroom door was closed shut and he was pulled away by a complaining Woohyun.

 

“What are you doing, hyung!?” Sungjong whispered frantically when he felt his bed dipped in, and turning around only to come face to face with a grinning Sungyeol. The older of the two rested an arm on the younger’s waist, the other hand ruffled the boy’s hair. “I said before, I will always be there for you. So here I am.” Sungyeol chuckled when he saw the confused look on the boy’s face, snuggling into the pillow as he closed his eyes. “Now go to sleep, Sungjongie.”

 

Silence once again filled the room and only the sound that could be heard was the steady breathing coming from Sungyeol and the slight snores from Hoya. Sungjong reached for the lamp beside him and turned it off, taking seconds to get used to the sudden darkness that surrounded him.

 

 

“Hyung?”

 

…“Aish, what is it? Didn’t I ask you to sleep?”

 

“What is love supposed to feel like?…”

 

 

“Everyone have their own definitions of love. You’ll find out what’s yours one day.”

 

“Now go to sleep.” Was all Sungjong heard, after Sungyeol had answered something that had been bugging him ever since he knew Myungsoo, as he felt a pinch on his cheek, before the bedroom regained its state of silence once again permanently for that night.

 

 

TBC...

 

A/N: OMO how is the first chappie??? *nervous* i hope it turned out well!!! please comment and subscribe! the room arrangements in my fic is the same arrangement as the one in "SESAME PLAYER"! ahhhhh myungjong<333 LOVE THEM!!!