The Attempts After Realization

Love Means Loving You And Being Loved Back

You are in love with Lee Sungjong.

 

“ARRRRRGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!”

 

The members that had gone back to their usual chatter were harshly silenced by the sudden ear splitting yell that came from Myungsoo’s room. Dongwoo’s back slipped off the wall in shock, Woohyun bolted up from his lying position on the floor, Sungyeol had yelled out too in alarm.

 

What the crap just happened?!

 

“What. The. Freak. Was. That?!” Hoya managed to choke out his words as he tried to catch his breath due to the immense shock he just experience.

 

“That CAN’T be from Kim Myungsoo. Kim Myungsoo NEVER yells.” Sunggyu gasped, clutching his heart and trying to calm its rapid beating.

 

“Maybe he got abducted by aliens or something!! We should go check on hi-“ “No, leave him be!” Sungyeol pulled Dongwoo back onto the floor, smirking proudly while the members looked at him as though he was crazy. Sungjong was silent throughout the conversation, glancing at Myungsoo and Dongwoo shared room door from time to time.

 

What happened to Hyung?

 

Myungsoo scratched his head so fiercely he swore his scalp would bleed soon. “I… I am in love with Sungjong…” Falling back onto his bed in frustration, Myungsoo screamed in his mind. WHY?! WHY DID HE ONLY REALISE IT NOW?! WHY DID HE ONLY FINALLY UNDERSTAND AFTER ALL THAT HAD HAPPENED?!  Thrashing on his bed like a whiney kid, the voice in his head whispered back, That’s because you are just plain dumb, Kim Myungsoo.

 

SERIOUSLY, SHUT UP. Myungsoo shouted back in his mind.

 

When L had finally left his room, everyone decided not to ask him about the loud commotion that had occurred; so as to prevent another possible tantrum that might break out. Myungsoo couldn’t stop staring at Sungjong when the group headed out for dinner at a nearby ramen restaurant, and younger male not daring to look up from his feet, his hand holding onto Sungyeol by his shirt.


Please Sungjong, just look at me. Give me a sign that you acknowledge my presence. Please, don’t ignore me.

 

Myungsoo attempted to sit beside Sungjong at the restaurant, but the maknae scuttled away and chose to sit beside Sunggyu instead. L moved calmly to the seat in front of the man, noticing Sungjong’s eyes widening and the huge gulp he swallowed. Throughout dinner, Myungsoo would just gaze at the boy in front of him, ignoring the side comments made by Woohyun who wondered why he was looking at their maknae so intently, thinking the maknae was sick. Sungyeol slapped Woohyun’s head to shut him up, and Sungjong could only stare at his ramen noodles and ignore everything he was hearing, seeing, and feeling.

 

Sure, L took a bloody long time to finally realize his own feelings for the other. But once he cleared his mind, got rid of his whiney “i-deny-to-admit” behavior, Myungsoo now only has one target in mind: Sungjong.

 

It was morning after Myungsoo got himself straightened out, and the man was determined to communicate with Sungjong no matter what it takes. That was till Sunggyu informed him that he was the only one free from schedule while the rest have their individual tasks that day. Cursing under his breath as L trudged to the occupied bathroom, he waited outside patiently for his turn as he continued to curse over his bad luck. When the door finally swung open, both the occupant of the bathroom and L were taken aback.

 

Sungjong had his towel draped over his shoulder, stunned at the sight of the figure that stood before the door. Immediately regaining his composure, the maknae made to brush passed the Visual, but was stopped by a hand around his wrist.

 

“Can we just talk?” there was a hint of desperation in Myungsoo’s firm tone.

 

Sungjong bit his lip as he tried to hold back his tears, the memories of that fateful night flooding his mind once again. Pulling his arm back harshly, Sungjong muttered, “There’s nothing to talk about. I understand your thoughts perfectly. Give me time. I will get over this soon enough. Just… Leave me alone till then.” The maknae dashed to his bedroom and locked the door.

 

“Aish...” L ruffled his hair.

 

Snuggling into Sungjong’s pillow, Myungsoo sighed as he inhaled the sweet scent that belonged solely to the maknae that lingered between the sheets. Everyone had left for their schedules and L was finally all alone. Since he couldn’t be with Sungjong in person, Sungjong’s bed was the next best thing. Picking up the big white fluffy bear lying on Sungjong’s bed beside the Visual, Myungsoo held it in front of him.

 

“Kim Myungsoo. Pabo! Kim Myungsoo. Pabo!” L took hold of the bear’s small hands and hit his own face, pouting at the bear.

 

Lying back down on Sungjong’s bed, Myungsoo stretched his hands and placed it under the pillow, ready to hug it close to his face when he felt his hand hit something hard.

 

Eh? What’s this?

 

It was already evening when Sungjong finally arrived back to the dorm with Dongwoo. Sungyeol and Hoya were already home and Sunggyu should be returning any time with Woohyun. As Dongwoo joined the others to discuss their meal for the night, Sungjong dragged himself to his shared room with Hoya and Sungyeol, wanting to take a short nap before dinner. Avoiding Myungsoo’s beady stare as he walked pass the man who sat beside Hoya, Sungjong yawned loudly. He was really tired out.

 

Sungjong lay on his bed and pulled his covers over him. Why was there a different scent to his sheets today? The maknae shook his head, reaching underneath his pillow to grab for the blue box he had hidden that contained his prized treasure. Lying on his back, Sungjong opened the box slowly, ready to spend another good ten minutes to stare at the pair of couple heart necklaces before and think about how stupid he has been and always would be.

 

But Sungjong couldn’t,the maknae stared at the box that held the necklaces, he couldn’t do it.

 

Because only one necklace lay in the beautiful blue gift box.

 

The other was gone.

 

 

TBC...

 

 

A/N: ok i am kinda tired now, so i shall post the same A/N in my other updated fic here :DD YYAYY AN UPDATE!! omo i reached 50 subs already ?? *sobs* thank you for all your support!!! i am glad author-nims are updating their myungjong fics!! BUT I NEED MOREEE!!! *ROWR!!* YES ESPECIALLY FROM YOU, WINGS_HALO AUTHOR-NIM!! hope this chapter was not crappy!!!! haha and I AM FREAKING HAPPY  COS I JUST RECEIVED MY INFINITE PARADISE ALBUM IN MY MAIL!!! and there are like 2 POSTERS MY GOSH!!!! XDXDXD and guess what photocard i got?!?! SUNGJONG!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!! XD my bias!!!! *haha ok i got Sungyeol first but because i bought the album with my friend, she got sungjong. we swtiched since we got EACH OTHER's bias!!! SO LUCKY XD < but i swear, it was kinda hard for me to give up sungyeol since he is one of my top 3 bias too D: and he looks so nice in the photocard!!!* okok i shall stop spazzing... THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO COMMENTED, and my gosh 1995dark, LOVE YOUR AWESOME COMMENT!!!!<33 PLEASE LOVE/COMMENT/SUBSCRIBE TO MY STORY!!!!<33 *runs away waving paradise album and photocard in my hand, yelling like a banshee*