Nothing's Wrong

Love Means Loving You And Being Loved Back

It was 9am and a free day for Infinite. Sungjong yawned as he squinted at the sun shining through the windows, his hand instinctively reaching out to rub his eyes. He was ready to get up and head down for breakfast when he realized he was still tied down by the sleeping choding. He poked his hyung’s cheek, only to get an irritated grunt in response as Sungyeol swept his hand away. The maknae grumbled as he pried the man’s arms off him, and climbed over the member to get down the stairs.

 

Myungsoo was staring down at his plate of eggs as Hoya bustled around the kitchen to prepare more food. Woohyun was still snoring away, his hand supporting his chin; his face would have landed flat on his pancakes if Sunggyu hadn’t slap him awake in time. “OWWW!!!” Woohyun whined as he rubbed his cheek, with Dongwoo guffawing away beside Myungsoo. L immediately looked up the moment he heard a soft sweet yawn, gazing at the brown messy hair boy who was stretching his arms as he walked into the kitchen. He’s so cute. Myungsoo couldn’t help but thought.

 

“Sungjong-ah you are finally awake!! Is Sungyeol still asleep??” Hoya asked as the maknae made his way to stand beside him at the counter, watching him cut sandwiches. L was staring at Sungjong as he recalled what he saw the previous night, with Sungyeol climbing onto the younger boy’s bed and seemed to have slept beside him throughout the night. Myungsoo had been denied entry into the trio’s bedroom when they had returned from the snack trip, Sunggyu not wanting him to wake the most-likely-asleep members.

 

Just as the face of infinite was about to speak up and ask about last night, a loud slam was heard from outside the kitchen and the next thing he knew, Sungyeol had stalked in and was strangling Sungjong from behind, “YAH!! HYUNG WAS NICE LAST NIGHT KEEPING YOU ACCOMPANY AND YOU CAN’T EVEN WAKE ME UP IN THE MORNING?!” The maknae squeaked and laughed, as the both wrestled playfully while Hoya pushed them into their seats, shaking his head embarrassingly.

 

“What happened last night? Why did Sungjong need company?” Sunggyu’s motherly attitude immediately started. Sungjong who had settled opposite of Myungsoo and feeling his stare when Sunggyu uttered out his concern, trembled as he expected Sungyeol to start blabbering out everything and teasing him to no end like how he usually did.

 

But he didn’t this time.

 

“Ahhh I bullied him last night and made him cry, so I slept beside him as an apology.” Sungyeol explained as he chewed on his sandwich, sending the maknae a small smile. Sungjong smiled back gratefully in return, not noticing the back-to-back stares L had between the two members. An uncomfortable feeling was building up in Myungsoo, as he bit his lip and restrained himself from pummeling Sungyeol for being so intimate with HIS best friend. But just at that moment, the Visual’s phone rang.

 

“Yobeseyo?”

 

“AHHH Gyuri Noona?!~” L’s voice immediately changed into an innocent sweet boy, as he was grinning from ear to ear as he pressed his phone, if possible, even closer to his ear. The members smirked at the scene unbelievably.

 

“What?!~ A day out? Su- ”

 

“I’m full.” Sungjong stood up suddenly, walking out of the kitchen without turning back, stunning everyone in the kitchen including Myungsoo as he stopped his sentence halfway.

 

“But you only ate two bites!!!” Hoya shouted back. Sungyeol shrugged his shoulders as he grabbed Sungjong’s half eaten sandwich and headed out to the living room.

 

“Hey, Myungsoo, you still there?”

 

 

“…. Er yeah I am!! So I’ll meet you in a half hour then…”

 

Sungjong felt an arm slung over his shoulder as he stared at the television screen, not really watching the programme at all. He didn’t have to turn to know who it was as his view was blocked by his sandwich handed to him right in his face, accepting it as he ate in silence while Sungyeol continued his own breakfast he had also brought out of the kitchen with the maknae.

 

Sometimes presence was just enough to cheer someone up.

 

When L clicked his phone shut, he headed to get ready, passing by the couch only to spot Sungyeol tickling the life out of his best friend, who was giggling while begging him to stop. He hadn’t see Sungjong smiling at HIM for quite some time now. Pouting, Myungsoo headed to his shared room with Dongwoo and changed into a blue checkered collar shirt, black skinny jeans and styled up his hair. He grabbed his wallet and phone, leaving the bedroom and waved goodbye to all the members who were already situated in the living room. Everyone bid farewell while teasing him at the same time, everyone except Sungjong, whose eyes seemed to be glued to the television, though L was sure he wasn’t even watching it.

 

Getting frustrated at Sungjong’s lack of communication with him, Myungsoo said through gritted teeth, “YAH LEE SUNG JONG. Don’t be rude to your hyung!!” The maknae turned around and bowed slightly, mumbling a soft ‘goodbye’ before turning back to the screen.

 

Aish… Myungsoo stalked out of the dorm, his mind filled with questions as to why Sungjong was treating him a 180 degree differently. He mentally reminded himself to have a good talk with his best friend later.

 

“Sungjong-ah, you want to head out for an evening walk?” It was already sunset when Sungyeol asked. Infinite had spent the whole day lounging around, trying to spend every single second of their time to regain their energy before their rigorous training which begins tomorrow for the preparation of another “Be Mine” performance on Inkigayo. Sungjong nodded his head as the duo announced their leave and headed out to the street.

 

The wind was blowing against them and it felt relaxing. They passed by a Popsicle shop and immediately Sungyeol treated the both of them. As the choding walked into the shop to pay for the ice cream while Sungjong waited outside, the maknae saw something that immediately dampened his mood.

 

Myungsoo and Gyuri were walking together, so immersed in their chatter that the completely missed seeing Sungjong standing right beside them as they walked passed him, heading towards infinite’s dorm. Sungjong stared after them, and immediately regretted his actions as he saw the couple stopped a distance away from their house, bidding goodbye.

 

Sungjong’s heart broke when he saw L planted a chaste kiss on Gyuri’s cheek, the both of them blushing after the action. Gyuri waved and started walking away as Myungsoo gazed after her, smiling to himself as he walked back up the stairs to the dorm. Sungjong could feel his tears coming along as the hurt ate him alive; his heart seemed to have stopped beating. But he regained his composure as Sungyeol skipped out of the store, passing him his Popsicle.  

 

“Something wrong?” Sungyeol asked, concerned as he saw the crestfallen face on his dongsaeng. Yes, everything was wrong, Sungjong thought. He wanted Sungyeol to have an answer as to why he had to fall for someone who already have someone else, why he had to put himself through so much pain, why was he not good enough for Myungsoo, and why he still haven’t figured what did LOVE meant to him.

 

“No, nothing at all.”Sungjong tried his best to smile back as he pulled on his hyung’s arm and continued their walk.

 

He really didn’t want to face Myungsoo any time soon.

 

In fact, if the two of them could keep out of each other’s way from now on, perhaps Sungjong would be able to get over this unrequited love of his sooner or later.

 

Not like Myungsoo would even notice anyway.

 

Or so he thought.

 

 

TBC...

 

 

A/N: OMO wow 17 subscribers!!! seemed like there are more myungjong shippers than i thought<33 yay spread the love!!!` hope you guys enjoyed this update xD