Denial Isn't The Solution

Love Means Loving You And Being Loved Back

Sungjong muffled his sobs as he cried in silence. He had managed to convince Sungyeol he was fine and pretended to fall asleep the moment he lay on his bed, only to open his eyes and reached deep under his pillow to reach for a beautiful black box, opening it in the middle of the darkness after Sungyeol had went to bed.

 

As two necklaces dangled from his fingers, the maknae allowed his fingers to graze over the two pendants. Both were silver pure half heart necklaces, both coming together to form one full beautiful heart. Yes, they were couple necklaces.

 

And Sungjong had bought it for himself and… Myungsoo.

 

Making out the engraving under the darkness, one with a single Korean word “사”, and the other with the word “랑”. 사랑” meant Love. Clutching the necklaces close to his chest, Sungjong wiped away his tears but they couldn’t stop, flowing down the side of his face and staining Sungjong’s own pillow.

 

He had been so naïve,thinking that maybe, just maybe, one day he would confess to Myungsoo, and just maybe, Myungsoo would have accepted him. Then these two necklaces would have represented their love. With those thoughts, the naïve little maknae had bought the necklaces, not minding that it had burned a hole through his pocket, keeping it under his pillow ever since.

 

Sungjong cried, feeling how stupid he had been all along.

 

Myungsoo stood in a field of sunflowers, gazing around as he had no idea how he had even gotten there. The sun shone brightly above and L had never seen the sky looked that stunning in his life. Strolling along the field, he spotted a clear crystal lake right at the end of the field, and a huge tree beside it. There, he spotted a young man, lying against the huge tree trunk.

 

For an unknown reason, Myungsoo started to run, wanting to see the boy up close as soon as possible, a grin slowing forming between his lips as he slowed down upon reaching the huge shady tree. And there, Lee Sungjong, his best friend, was sitting on the grass patch, his eyes closed and a peaceful smile on his face as he seemed to be enjoying the weather and the wind that was blowing gently against them.

 

Myungsoo, without hesitation, laid his head on the younger male’s open lap, snuggling into the warmth radiating from his dongsaeng. He felt the maknae’s hand threading his hair softly, the duo enjoying the beautiful silence as neither of them spoke a word.

 

“Hyung?” Sungjong had broken the silence first, “I love you.”

 

Myungsoo’s eyes shot wide open, looking up at the pretty eyes staring back down at him. Sungjong’s face looked so innocent, so full of love. L had waited for the pang in his heart, the unknown feeling to creep up on him, the thought of rejecting the other to appear in his mind just like that night.

 

But it didn’t.

 

Instead, Myungsoo felt the rush of warmth in his heart, the urge to pull the other into a hug, the thought of accepting the boy’s confession with a kiss.

 

And he did just that.

 

“KIM MYUNG SOO. UP. NOW!!!” L woke up in a jolt, ready to curse at whoever had shook him awake. Myungsoo didn’t know why, but he had not wanted to wake up from that perfect dream of his. He glared at Woohyun who looked back in surprise at the furious expression from the visual, backing away slowly before running out of the room.

 

My god, what was happening to him?Myungsoo shook his head as he tried to get rid of the dream from his head. Why did he even have a dream like that? And why did he love it so much???

 

L stalked into the kitchen, his hard gaze immediately softened at the sight of Sungjong laughing sweetly with Sungyeol who seemed to have just entertained the other with a joke. But as fast as he had seen it, he saw it disappear the moment the maknae had taken notice of his presence in the room. He saw the light fade from Sungjong’s eyes as the younger boy excused himself from the table, stating that he was already full as he rushed out of the kitchen.

 

Myungsoo sat down on the now empty seat beside Sungyeol dejectedly, Sungyeol keeping quiet as the choding continued to munch on his bread. The moment Sungjong had brushed pass him, not even giving him a single glance, L felt a sharp pain in his heart. Shaking his head profusely again, the visual tried to get those confusing thoughts out of his head.

 

“Does your head have fleas or something?” Dongwoo commented, laughing at his own comment as he continued gobbling down his cereal. Sungyeol gave a “you’re-weird” look before casting a side glance at L beside him, who seemed to be deep in his own thoughts, biting his own lip.

 

This idiot really needs some help to figure out his true feelings.

 

The following days were hell to Myungsoo. He hadn’t got a chance to say even a word to Sungjong. Not when Sungyeol is getting all touchy-feely with Sungjong, his arm always around the maknae especially when L was around, often pressing small pecks on the boy’s forehead or cheeks. The visual couldn’t help but to fake cough loudly whenever Sungyeol was getting out of line, only to earn a worried look from Sunggyu who fished out his packet of cough sweets and a smirk from Sungyeol, and not even a single hint of acknowledgement from Sungjong.

 

Myungsoo was frustrated to the core.

 

Gyuri’s calls didn’t help much either. L’s spirits didn’t feel lightened even after a long chat with the noona, instead only feeling more down as he watched the maknae escapes the room whenever he was on the phone with the other. Gyuri, sensing something must have been wrong, and perhaps as smart as Sungyeol as she noticed the frequent gazes casted on Sungjong by Myungsoo on their live performances on tv, she must have figured something out as she rarely called after a while.

 

It was just another day, already a month after that night when Sungjong had confessed, and L had stomped into his room and slammed the door loudly when he saw how Sungjong had smiled happily and gave Hoya a back hug in the living room when everyone was on the floor, chatting about random things just to pass time. All the members were surprised at the sudden outburst from the visual, except for Sungyeol who had punched his fist in the air and mouthed a silent “FINALLY!!” before lying down on the floor in bliss.

 

Damn it. Damn it. Damn it. DAMN IT!! Myungsoo punched his pillow as his other hand held it up. How long had it been since Sungjong last talked to him, last hugged him, and last SMILED at him?!

 

Myungsoo shook his head frantically for the umpteenth time when the frequent thoughts crossed his mind once again, why do you care so much? Why are you so affected by this? You deserve it for hurting the maknae’s heart, you should only feel guilty, not these weird unexplainable feelings! A small voice in L’s head spoke.

 

T-that is because Sungjong was HIS best friend. His special hugs belong to HIM. His special smiles belong to HIM. His mindless chatter was to be directed to HIM and HIM only. Myungsoo retorted back at himself, repeating the same words just to assure himself. Sungjong was HIS best friend.

 

Oh shut up, the voice replied,just admit it Kim Myungsoo.

 

You are in love with Lee Sungjong.

 

 

TBC...

 

 

A/N: awesome!! i update both my myungjong fics in one night!! hope the update was not too crappy :DDD AUTHOR-NIMS PLEASE UPDATE ALL YOU MYUNJONG FICS SOON BECAUSE I AM DYING FROM THE LACK OF MYUNGJONG SUGAR IN MY BODY!! I can't even type properly, i keep having to re-type my words because my hands are all jelly T-T please comment/subscribe/love this fic!!! *chu chu*