Silence Aids A Heartbreak

Love Means Loving You And Being Loved Back

“You’re kidding right?”

 

It felt like those words echoed throughout Sungjong’s mind, as his heart broke into a million pieces. He knew it. He knew this would happen. Why did he do it?! He brought this upon himself. Why did he fall in love with someone he knew would never love him back?! Why must he fall in love with someone he knew he could never be with?!
 

Why was he inflicting all this pain upon himself?!

 

Sungjong roughly pushed Myungsoo away as he ran out of the kitchen, dropping his glass of water onto the floor, causing a loud sickening crash. Dashing out of the dorm without even bothering to grab a coat even though the temperature outside was practically freezing; Sungjong ran and ran and ran. He didn’t know where he was going; he was letting his feet take the lead. Sungjong couldn’t feel his heart anymore. Was it because of the cold weather or had he completely lost hope? Sungjong didn’t know.

 

L lay on the floor, his eyes still wide with shock as he tried to register what just happened moments before. He could hear footsteps as a drowsy Sungyeol came dragging himself in, still rubbing his eyes, “Whazzz upp why wazz there a crashhhh?” The light sleeper let out a yawn as his eyes focused on the scene in front of him.

 

“WHAT THE HELL?! What happened?!” Sungyeol yelled. The glass shards were everywhere on the kitchen floor, and Myungsoo still sat motionless on the ground. Roughly guessing the situation, and remembering his encounter just now with Sungjong’s empty bed, Sungyeol raced out of the dorm as well, in an attempt to find his dongsaeng. He grabbed his coat as well as the maknae’s, praying that the other was alright.

 

Stay strong Sungjong, hyung is coming.

 

Sunggyu had just opened his bedroom door when he saw the choding disappearing out of the dorm, while supporting a still half asleep Woohyun who had his arms wrapped around the leader’s waist, they met with Hoya at the corridor as the trio made their way towards the kitchen to find out what was going on. They shrieked at the mess they saw, all shouting questions at Myungsoo who had ignored them and was picking up the pieces of glass slowly, the words Sungjong had muttered was floating across his mind every now and then:

 

“BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!!!”

 

Dongwoo slept soundly in his room, undisturbed by the chaos outside.

 

Sungjong wiped away his tears but more fell as he pulled his knees to his chest, shivering as another gust of cold wind cut through his skin. He leaned against the huge tree trunk and looked out to the lake, where he could see a clear reflection of the crescent moon on the surface of the crystal clear waters. Sure, Sungjong cried frequently especially when his hyungs bully him, but he had never cried so much before in his life. His heart hadn’t hurt so much; his spirits had never been this down.

 

Was this how heartbreaks felt like?

 

Sungjong sniffled and rested his head on his knees, his tears staining his sweat pants as he hugged himself, trying to keep himself warm. Then, he felt something drape over him. The maknae looked up, and he saw Sungyeol smiling at him. Sungjong grabbed the coat around him and pulled it closer to his body, biting his lip as Sungyeol sat down beside him. Sungjong felt himself get pulled into his hyung’s arms as the man whispered, “Just let it all out.”

 

Sungjong cried out in pain as he released all of his emotions. So what if love is pain and happiness? If the other didn’t love you back, then love was just a bundle of stupid emotions altogether. He hugged Sungyeol’s waist so tightly as he cried into the choding’s chest. The older was patting his dongsaeng’s head comfortingly, unable to think of anything comforting to say. The duo just sat there like that, Sungjong in the comfort of Sungyeol’s warm embrace.

 

Perhaps silences at times do help after all.

 

It had already been an hour since Sungyeol and Sungjong left the dorm. Everyone except Sunggyu had returned back to their sleep as they needed all the energy they can get for the fanmeet that was organized the next day. Myungsoo tossed and turned, as he strained his ears for the arrival of Sungyeol and Sungjong from the inside of his bedroom.

 

As he heard the sound of the dorm door creaking open and soft thuds of footsteps, Myungsoo bounded towards his door silently and opened a small crack just enough to see what was happening outside. He saw a very grave looking Sunggyu confronting Sungjong who had his head bowed low, and Sungyeol had his arm around the maknae’s waist as he tried to explain.

 

“He just needed some fresh air, hyung. He accidentally dropped the glass because he was surprised by Myungsoo. I swear he won’t do it again.” Sungyeol came up with a lie as Sunggyu shook his head and waved them off, telling them to turn in for the night.

 

Liar.Myungsoo thought. He knew that Sungyeol had already gotten the gist of what had happened, yet he didn’t tell the truth to their leader. L’s heart softened when he caught sight of Sungjong’s crestfallen face, his eyes dark and no longer shining with brightness like they used to be, as Sungyeol whispered something into his ear and lead the latter back to their room.

 

Myungsoo gritted his teeth as he felt an unknown strong emotion building up in him. His heart was beating fast and he couldn’t stop it. Myungsoo closed the door slowly as he leaned against the bedroom door and slid down to the floor. He clutched onto the front of his shirt at his heart tightly.

 

What was happening to him?

 

 

TBC...

 

 

A/N: OH MY OMMA UPDATING THREE FICS IN A DAY IS DRAINING!! i am dying here T-T but i promised myself i have to update all my fics today, so here it is!!! i hope it is not disappointing D: please comment and subscribe and love this fic!!! and i also just created a new myungjong fic,  "Falling In Love Wasn't Part of the Contract" !! hope you can subscribe to it too!!! :DD LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!~