Seven

Triangle

Seven

 

Eric and Minwoo didn’t utter a word while they were plodding towards Eric’s place. Minwoo had stopped crying by now, but Eric had been holding his in for a while now. He wasn’t a crier, no. But when it was about the only person he loved more than anything, he could not stop. Minwoo didn’t know, but lately, Eric had shed more tears than he had ever done before.

 

Ever since Dongwan had returned home, Eric had felt lost. He had once been in love with that man, and it had made Eric realise his true identity; uality. It had been a crush at first, like always, and then, bit by bit, it had grown into something much more intense. The leader didn’t remember what had made his heart beat slightly faster than usually, but he recalled the feeling of making a total fool out of himself and blushing like a high school girl when Dongwan said something to him.

 

But the love he had once felt had died. It had rather crashed painfully than just disappeared gradually. It had been the night Minwoo had told him what he was. Not only did Minwoo do that, but Dongwan himself had broken Eric’s miserable heart. And on the night he had abused Minwoo, Eric had cried on the way to the main dancer’s apartment.

 

That night, he had fully let go of Kim Dongwan.

 

“Eric,”


The leader flinched from his thoughts and perceived that he and Minwoo had arrived at the yard of his apartment building. Neither of them smiled nor even looked happy. It was almost like their lives had been pulled out brutally and nothing but the sad memories had remained.

 

“What is it?” Eric asked, his voice dry and low.

 

“Can I…Can I say something?” Minwoo whispered. “It…It is something terrible…and it might…hurt you.”

 

The older man snorted and closed his eyes, giving himself some time to pull himself together, as he heaved a sigh and fixed his orbs at Minwoo’s. The younger guy could not look at him, as his hands were rubbing fiercely, and the eyes were watching that show instead of the other man. Eric did not mind, since he would break down any second now.  

 

Minwoo abruptly stopped rubbing his hands together, as his right hand’s fingers curled around the engagement ring and he tardily – and a bit difficultly – took it off and passed it to the leader, whose eyes were redder and wetter than before. Minwoo bit his lip and let the tears flow again. He waited for Eric to take the ring from him, and when he did, he dropped it to the cold and moist asphalt.

 

“I was not ready.” Minwoo cried. “I should have said something.”

 

“Yeah…you…should’ve.” Eric agreed. “Is it…Is it because of Dongwan?” he questioned immediately.

 

Minwoo looked around, the tears rolling, as he shrugged. “I feel like…I need to settle the things first. I love you, Eric.” He crooned.

 

“But you love him…more.” Eric’s voice was trembling now. “Right?”

 

“I’m sorry.” Minwoo sobbed harder as he cupped the leader’s face, planted his red and chapped lips onto the thick ones and pecked him briefly.

 

Eric’s last memory before breaking down and falling to the ground was the promptly receding back of the main dancer and the rain that perfectly fitted his mood. The engagement ring did not shimmer anymore, as the drops danced around it. Tardily, the leader grabbed it and slid it into his pocket.

 

“I love you Lee Minwoo.”

 

                ***

 

Dongwan bit the band aid with his teeth and it snapped. A feeble knock on the door made him stop the tying, as he rose up from his sofa and advanced the door. The face he opened the door with was expressionless, as Minwoo was still sobbing, his shoulders wiggling furiously. Their eyes met, and the huge teardrops on Minwoo’s face, softened the expression on the younger man’s face.

 

Dongwan let him in.

 

“What is it?” He interrogated and followed the man into the dimmed living room, when Minwoo all of a sudden turned around and kissed the man.

 

Dongwan stumbled back, but he did not think for another moment, as he began to answer the kiss and remove the wet clothes around the smaller guy. Minwoo was doing the same, as he was engulfed with lust. Dongwan had noticed that he was not wearing the ring anymore. Though he felt sad for Eric, he was still happier than before.

 

“Wannie,” Minwoo murmured. “I want you.”