Three

Triangle

Three

Minwoo was tempted to close the door right in front of the guy, but something went through him when he stepped out of the way and let the witty guy step in. Dongwan looked around, noticing the pictures taken with Eric hanging around on the walls, and on the shelves. Minwoo did not say a word, as he could not process what had just happened. Dongwan suddenly turned around.

“Can we talk?” He asked.

“No.” Minwoo shook his head and walked past him to the sofa.

“Please.” Dongwan pleaded, his hands trying to catch Minwoo.

The older guy decided not to let the man speak as he glanced at the clock above them and felt his heartbeat rising and the nervousness descending around his comfortable bubble. Dongwan stepped closer, and as soon as Minwoo could react, he put his arms up and prevented the guy from coming any further. Dongwan frowned pleadingly again, but Minwoo did not budge.

“Eric will be here soon.” He whispered. “If he sees you, he will kill you.”

Dongwan looked at him. “Would you let him kill me?” He questioned.

Minwoo’s heart stopped for a fraction of a second, as he gulped and turned his head away, avoiding any sort of gazing with the man. The younger guy stepped forward again and touched the smaller one, flinching when Minwoo slapped his hands off and hugged himself like he was scared.

“I’m sorry.” Dongwan bowed his head and felt the tears he had never let flow now threating to come out. “I…I’m so sorry.” He reached his hand.

“Don’t…don’t touch me…” Minwoo stuttered. “Don’t you dare touch me.” He shook his head and shivered thoroughly.

Dongwan could not prevent noticing the ring on the finger as he gasped and scowled again, lifting his hand onto his mouth. Minwoo realised what he had seen and his left arm went behind his back together with the hand. He did not avoid the eyes now. He was determined to look as he ogled at the younger guy sternly and was ready to say what he had wanted to say for a year.

“He was there by me.” Minwoo began. “Unlike you…he wasn’t afraid of what I am.” He gritted his teeth and pulled the left arm, lifting it up together with the hand. “You harassed me…beat me… me.” Dongwan’s whole body ached when he heard the last words as a whisper. “You…you left all this behind, leaving me and Eric to build something exquisite. I love him. I love him for that. He stayed…he helped me…he stood by my side when I saw nightmares of that night.” Minwoo shuddered. “He made me understand what real love is.”

Dongwan gulped.

“Was it fun?” Minwoo asked coldly. “Was it fun to me and leave me that night?”

“Minwoo, I—“

“What is he doing in here!?” Eric yelled at the door.

Minwoo let the tears down as he ran towards the leader and hugged him tightly, turning his back at the man who used to be his best friend. Dongwan could not look at Eric. The older man was glaring at him, embracing his fiancé as best as he could, while he sent bloody daggers towards the witty guy. Minwoo grabbed the shirt of the leader and breathed in and out heavily.

Dongwan decided it was the best if he left. He loped past the two, and as if feeling the urge, he stopped, leered over his shoulder and met Minwoo’s teary eyes behind the broad shoulders. But as fast as that had happened, Minwoo instantly turned his gaze away.

                ***

Minwoo could not sleep. He was lying in Eric’s warm and safe embrace, thinking about a person he shouldn’t have been thinking about. Every time he closed his eyes, he saw the staring moment earlier that day, and how Dongwan had seemed genuinely devastated and mournful.

Minwoo shook his head and turned to his other side, now facing the leader. He loved Eric. Oh god he did. And he swore to God that he would never, ever, ever, hurt him. Whatever happened, he would never hurt the poor guy. Minwoo leaned in and pressed his lips onto the pouting ones as he moved out from the loving arms and sat to the edge, sliding his feet into the slippers.

He then stood up and advanced the living room where he slumped down to the couch and sat in the darkness. He was not ogling at anything particular. He was just watching the wall across him and wondering why was he so ripped suddenly.

“Minwoo?” He heard a murmur from the bedroom. “Where are you?” Eric interrogated.

“I’m here. Just sleep. I will come there really soon.” Minwoo answered and smiled at the door though Eric could not see it.

Minwoo’s glance lowered to the spot where Dongwan had pushed him down on that night. His whole body constructed goosebumps as the dreadful night came into his mind. As soon as he had seen Dongwan behind the door, the memories from the night had come rushing back. Minwoo was sure he would never forget the night he changed…and Dongwan changed in his eyes.

Still…when the door had revealed the man he had once called his best friend, Minwoo had been relieved. He had felt light. But he had also felt utmost hatred towards that man. Dongwan had forever tainted him. But he had also tainted himself.

Minwoo stood up again and proceeded to the bedroom, where Eric was half , snivelling like he hadn’t slept well in days. The younger guy lied down next to him, kissed his pouty lips again, lifted the right arm and slipped under it, putting it around him.

“I love you Eric.” He murmured and tried to get some more sleep.

                ***

Dongwan rushed to his door, knowing who was punching it furiously. He pushed it open and set his eyes at the taller guy, as Eric entered the foyer and slightly pushed the shorter man out of the way. Dongwan held his temper in as Eric had every right to be mad at him, but no one, no one, treated him like that in his own damn house.

“Did you have any particular reason to visit my fiancé’s apartment?” Eric snapped.

“I wanted to apologise.” Dongwan responded.

Eric snorted and shook his head, the large palm covering his face. “You really think that an apology is all you need to do?” he asked.

Dongwan shook his head. “You have no idea what I went through while camping around.” He told. “For 6 months I could not stop thinking how monstrous and…and…unethical the thing I did was! I…I swear I tried to kill myself enough times! I don’t deserve life Eric!” he said.

“YOU DON’T!” Eric exclaimed. “What you did…” he clenched his fists and bit his lip, disapprovingly blinking his eyes. “How could you?”

Dongwan’s chest was painful when the leader stepped in front of him and looked down, those wrinkled spots on his forehead hurting the younger man. As much as Dongwan wanted to stop staring and admit that he was a bad man and should not deserve any kind of life, he had to leer at the leader and face the fact that he needed to suffer.

“Eric,” Dongwan’s voice trembled. “I wasn’t myself that night…I…I wasn’t thinking rationally…logically…I thought…I…When I had perceived that six months had passed, I started thinking.” He explained. “I realised that killing myself would not be suffering…it would just be the easiest way to stop all this.” He mumbled. “So I decided---“

“---to come back.” Eric finished the sentence, and Dongwan nodded, this time avoiding the eyes of pure hatred. “I hope you’re suffering then…because I will not stop touching Minwoo, or showing my love to him even if you’re in the room.” The leader muttered coldly, and walked out of the apartment, as if he had never been there.

Dongwan did not even close the door as he was staring at the receding back. He did not mind about suffering because he had done such an unforgiveable thing. He deserved every rude word from the leader he had respected. He deserved the shudders of fear from Minwoo as he had smeared their perfect, loving friendship. He deserved every despising word from everyone.

But he could not see the two loving one another - though he had technically brought them together - because throughout the hiatus, Dongwan had developed something he now realised had made him come back too late.

He shut the door in front of him and slammed his forehead against it.

“Dammit.”