The Second Last Chapter

Triangle

The second last chapter

 

“The party is over!” Dongwan shouted from the top of his lungs, shutting down the music.

 

The guests turned to look at the witty guy dumbfounded, but when he looked at them angrily, they decided it was the best to just leave. The other members weren’t sure if they should stay or go with the others. When Minwoo nodded as a sign, Hyesung pulled the maknae and the baby bird after him and they exited the apartment last.

 

The door was closed immediately.

 

“Wannie.” Minwoo began.

 

“Why?” Dongwan asked. “I know I haven’t been perfect, but why? Why, Minwoo?”

 

The dancing machine shrugged, knowing that wasn’t an answer Dongwan wanted to hear or see right now. They fell into painful and thick silence, only Dongwan’s infuriated breathing audible. He finally lifted his head and looked at the older guy like he would break down anytime or do something he would regret for the rest of his life.

 

“You cheated on him with me…I understand…but why…” Now tears were decorating Dongwan’s face as he rubbed his hands. “Why did you do it to me?”

 

Again Minwoo just shrugged, however feeling the tears of pity and remorse coming out soon. The apartment was dark and messy, and it smelled a bit funny, but neither of them cared about that insignificance, when they had things to deal with. Dongwan could not talk anymore, as he collapsed to the couch and covered his face with his palms. Minwoo didn’t know what to do, so he just stood in front of him stiffly.

 

“I love you.”

 

Dongwan scoffed, but lifted his head up to look at the man he used to know very well.

 

“I love you, Dongwan.”

 

“You love me? Now you love me?” the younger man questioned seriously. “Minwoo-sshi,” he got up from the sofa and clenched his fist.

 

Minwoo shuddered, and was ready to cover his face, when Dongwan lowered the hand and sluggishly dropped it onto his thigh. Their eyes met, before the younger guy began to dig his pockets and pulled out his phone. The main dancer scowled and that was a question enough for Dongwan.

 

“I’m calling Eric…we’ll solve this thing like men.” He muttered and lifted the device onto his ear.

 

                ***

 

Hyesung was biting his lip furiously as they were all driving together towards their apartments. Junjin was next to the main vocalist on the front seat and Andy was at the back seat. They didn’t share a word, just stared at the road in front of them. But Hyesung felt nervous all of a sudden.

 

“Is there any possibilities that Dongwan hyung might kill Minwoo hyung?” Junjin interrogated terrified.

 

“No.” Hyesung replied.

 

“Are you sure hyung?” Andy asked this time, his hands on the front seats.

 

“Yes.” Hyesung responded, his hands sternly on the steering wheel.

 

The maknaes looked at one another and shrugged, turning back to stare at the road. Somehow they all knew no one would be killed. Maybe…Maybe all of them had had a hunch that this night wasn’t going to be as magnificent as they had thought. It had started from Eric not joining the fun.

 

“What about Eric hyung?” Junjin questioned.

 

“What about him?” Hyesung answered with another question.

 

“Does he know?” Andy spoke now.

 

“I bet he is the reason for all this.” The main vocalist mumbled and turned the car from an intersection to left.

 

Junjin and Andy frowned as that wasn’t the way to their apartments at all. Hyesung looked around once the car had put to a halt to the parking lot. Baby bird followed his mother and did the same when suddenly Andy had a deep frown on his forehead.

 

“Where is Eric’s car?”

 

                ***

 

Dongwan hurried up from the couch when the door of Minwoo’s apartment was knocked. He wanted to see the face of the leader, as he opened the door and gritted his teeth scarily. Eric was obviously bemused, as Minwoo had been the one talking in the phone, but shortly he flashed a some  sort of a laugh that neither of the younger guys could actually read.

 

“Come in, .” Dongwan moved out of the way.

 

“Okay?” Eric said and advanced the living room, where Minwoo was sitting on the armchair. He was nibbling his lower lip, glaring at the empty desk. “Minwoo? What is this?”

 

The main dancer raised his head and flashed a smile. “I told him.” He replied curtly.

 

Eric’s whole face turned pale when Dongwan entered the room and asked – more like commanded – the leader to sit on his dirty . The oldest one did. The quiet that landed around them was thick, nerve-wrecking and awkward. Dongwan sat across the two and ogled at them, his hands in front of his mouth. Minwoo kept gulping over and over again, while Eric was slightly more relaxed and calm.

 

“Triangles, huh?” He commenced.

 

“Stop talking.” Dongwan commanded.

 

“We need to talk so we can solve this thing up.” The leader snapped.

 

“I don’t want to hear anything from your mouth!” the youngest at the moment hissed.

 

“You are the one who got between me and Minwoo!” Eric screamed.

 

“SHUT UP YOU TWO!” Dongwan and Eric quieted down and glared at one another, allowing Minwoo to finally in and make a move. “If we can’t solve this without tearing each other apart, I don’t think we can continue being friends at all.” He crooned.

 

Eric nodded, and scoffed towards Dongwan.

 

“I know what I will do.” The main dancer announced.

 

“What is it?” Dongwan interrogated impatiently.

 

“I will sleep.” Minwoo responded. “I will go to bed, and sleep. I will think about you two in there all alone, in peace…and you two will clear the together in here. No one leaves. If one of you leaves,” he pointed at the two. “That’ll make my decision much clearer.”

 

Eric and Dongwan both exhaled, but nodded as soon as they realised the idea was rather good. Minwoo thanked them softly and exited the living room, feeling the stares on his backbone. When he lied down to the bed, he instantly fell asleep.

 

Meanwhile an awkward cloud was lingering around the living room, as Dongwan still sat on the uncomfortable wooden chair and Eric was on the sofa.

 

“What makes you think you’d deserve him?” The leader questioned. “You him, Dongwan.”

 

“Tsk…rubbing that to my face I see.” The witty guy murmured. “I told you already. I fell in love.”

 

Eric snorted.

 

“What?” Dongwan retorted.

 

“I was the one who made him come out.” The older man prompted. “I was the one who was by his side till you stole him from me. I proposed to him. I loved him. And I never reminded him of you.” He explained. “Isn’t it obvious that I deserve him more than you do?”

 

Eric hated that chuckle. Well, he hated everything Dongwan usually did, but now all the things he once tolerated, sounded irritating and maddening to him. He gritted his teeth, and cracked his knuckles, noticing that it scared the younger lad a bit, as he retreated on his seat and gulped.

 

“You do deserve him,” Eric was surprised by the words. “But he loves both of us.”

 

Damn. That was true.

 

“And…” Eric raised an eyebrow. “Let’s be frank, Leadernim…wasn’t it me who you liked first?” Dongwan now moved onto the coffee table. “Or was it…love?”

 

The older man moved his jaw, his eyes half-lidded and fixed at Dongwan.

 

“So what? The night you my Minwoo made me hate you.” Eric said.

 

 Dongwan nodded, looking deeply into the big and dark eyes, wanting to break the cover Eric had put on when he had entered the smelly apartment.

 

“Are you sure?” Dongwan asked, moving his frantic face closer. “Are you ing sure?”

 

Eric leaned his angry face nearer and mumbled, “I am ing sure.”

 

The moment wasn't perfect - and the looks on their faces were far from soft -, but one brief glance at the opposite lips, and the two had leaned in for a short, tender kiss. 

 

>;D Muahahahahahahahahaa!!!!!