Last Chapter

Triangle

The last one

Eric stared at Dongwan for several minutes, before he cleared his throat and apologised. Dongwan was blinking his brown orbs, feeling extremely nervous all of a sudden, as his heart was pounding fast and furiously. There were no words spoken, not even when Eric’s phone rang.

 

                ***

 

Hyesung was punching Eric’s door with his fist. Andy had been very clear with his ‘if hyung’s car isn’t at the parking lot, he isn’t home’ but the main vocalist did not want to believe him. Not until he saw the leader himself.

 

“Eric hyung won’t kill anyone.” Junjin said while leaning to the wall.

 

“He won’t.” Hyesung agreed. “But I don’t know what happens when he is being angered.” He added, slamming the door.

 

“Don’t you know his password?” Andy abruptly asked, and once the tall guy glared at him, he gulped and told him to forget it.

 

Of course he knew it, and he had tried it, several times, but it was obvious that Eric had changed it as soon as he had left. Hyesung just didn’t want to believe it. He didn’t want to believe that Eric would leave and go do something.

 

“It might as well be that Dongwan and Minwoo called him and asked him to come.” Andy explained behind the main vocalist. “I mean…they are all grown up men.”

 

“And that doesn’t scare you?” Junjin suddenly in. “They have strength!”

 

The maknae scoffed.

 

“Have either of you even tried to call him?” He questioned.

 

Junjin pouted and Hyesung shook his head.

 

“Holy crap.” Andy mumbled and fished out his phone.

 

                ***

 

Eric stopped talking to the phone after telling the maknae where he was and what had happened. He heard Hyesung’s nagging around and had realised that he should have told everything earlier. If he had had the time.

 

Dongwan was staring someplace else, pretending not to reminisce upon the kiss, as he leaned back on the table and breathed in and out heavily. He could not really grasp what he was thinking about, but for the last couple of minutes, his thoughts had run around the pursed and thick lips. He forgot them after recalling why they were jailed in Minwoo’s living room.

 

The clock was ticking dully when the bedroom door was banged open and Minwoo stepped out, yawning like he had slept forever. It had only been couple of hours.

 

“Oh?” He began.

 

The two men stared at him.

 

“Neither of you left?” He interrogated.

 

“You said ‘no one leaves’.” Dongwan responded. “So we didn’t.”

 

Minwoo blinked his eyes, and flashed a smile, before he entered the kitchen and searched for something to eat. Eric and Dongwan were sitting in the dark, awkward, and antsy living room, until the both of them followed the main dancer to the kitchen and sat down around the table. The leader ogled at the man he loved, and Dongwan leered at Minwoo softly like he always did.

 

Their heartbeats were speedy.

 

“Ah…hungry.” Minwoo sighed, while eating.

 

It was clear he was doing that on purpose so the two would get even more impatient and expectant. And he could see they were anticipating his decision, which he had been wondering about while sleeping. He had made a clear and obvious decision.

 

“So?” The oldest started. “Are you full?”

 

“Mmm…” Minwoo nodded.

 

“Can you please tell us what you have decided?” Eric mumbled quickly.

 

Dongwan nodded when the lead dancer glanced at him. Minwoo cleared his throat and lifted his elbows to the surface, as he leaned his chin onto it and examined the both with his narrowed eyes. Great…he had planned this all just to annoy Dongwan and Eric.

 

“You know…” Minwoo said, sliding off the ring Dongwan had given to him. “I had a one thing that I kept repeating inside my head over and over again.”

 

“What was it?”

 

“’Which one of you love me more’ and ‘who do I love the most’.” Minwoo answered. “At first I pondered on Eric…since we were together for a long time…and then I turned to Dongwan…” he moved his head towards the guys. “I realised…I don’t want either of you.”

 

Dongwan gasped and Eric dropped his jaw.

 

“What?” they exclaimed in unison.  

 

“Yeah…” Minwoo nodded. “I…I think I perceived that…I don’t want to date anyone at the moment. And I decided that, if it’s meant to be I will end up with either one of you.” He flashed a smile that made his eyes look smaller.

 

The oldest guy was stunned and Dongwan couldn’t utter a word. They were just looking at the man across them not knowing what to do or say. Minwoo just chuckled, before he ruffled his hair and stood up from the chair.

 

“I hope you’ll stop fighting…” He wished. “We all got a good ending right?”

 

“But…” Dongwan finally uttered. “This…this isn’t happy.”

 

“I didn’t say happy.” The other short one whispered. “I said good.”

 

Eric studied Minwoo from head to toe and had to admit that he seemed scarily certain. If that was his decision, why would he ruin it?

 

The leader sat up, and advanced the exit of the room, as Minwoo followed him and Dongwan shortly after them.

 

Silence.

 

“I’m sorry.” The main dancer apologised. “I should’ve realised this sooner.”

 

The two other guys just nodded dumbfounded and couldn’t believe this was it. Minwoo bade them goodbyes and sighed relieved when the two were gone.

 

Eric walked out of the apartment, Dongwan doing the same. It had been clear and now it made so much more sense than before....Minwoo wanted to be alone. That was an opinion they respected.

 

Eric stepped outside of the building and put his hands into his pockets. Dongwan was next to him, as they bade a goodbye and turned away from one another to advance their own ways - Eric his car, Dongwan his apartment. Suddenly the leader stopped and turned, and set his eyes at Dongwan's, who too had shifted around to leer at him. They smiled, and stared, before they headed back to their ways and fished out their phones.

 

Maybe there was a happy ending after all.

 

The End.

 

Thank you for reading. :)

Sandy out!